Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should severely bugged skills be removed until they are fixed?

ZarkingFrued
ZarkingFrued
✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering everyone's opinion on this. Pvp has invisible Ballistas that desync your health still killing people in PvP ps4 na. Snipes that desync your health and lack animation as well are doing the same. Sure there are others as well. Why leave sometjing like this in the game if it has not been fixed. It's clearly being exploited as the minute you hear there is a bug it starts showing in your recap regularly, and at this point snipe glitch is nearly a feature. We get little feedback, then confirmations of a fix that didn't happen, and then it is simply left. I know there was a fix mentioned in the notes, but I have little confidence that it actually is fixed entirely as ZOS is known for that kind of thing at this point. The two I mention are especially problematic as they are high range/high damage skills that are already designed to grief players, they really dont need to be invisible, soundless, and not drain your health bar on your HUD.

*edit* bother, it appears I have managed to post this under housing, can a mod move it? Or delete it so I can post in the right place?
Edited by ZarkingFrued on November 3, 2019 10:34PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As annoying as it is, it would be troublesome to deny PvPers skills because the devs can’t handle them. On a general note I really dislike the „can’t fix, nerf“ attitude (which the forum grew). Look at knockbacks for example. It robs the soul of those skills. Bugs and glitches should never be a Eason for nerfs.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As annoying as it is, it would be troublesome to deny PvPers skills because the devs can’t handle them. On a general note I really dislike the „can’t fix, nerf“ attitude (which the forum grew). Look at knockbacks for example. It robs the soul of those skills. Bugs and glitches should never be a Eason for nerfs.

I 100% agree, nerfs never fix glitches, but these glitches are fairly annoying. When you're just chilling, or in a good fight, and you go from 100% to zero instantly it completely ruins the gameplay, and you shut off the game to play something else. Most players won't sit through abuse of game breaking glitches when there are so many good games to play. They added cast times to Ultis just to avoid this no counterplay PVP meta, but glitches do it better than the instant ultis they should have left alone.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did this wind up in housing? @ZOS_GinaBruno halp this find a good home please!
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did this wind up in housing? @ZOS_GinaBruno halp this find a good home please!

Was hoping they could re-route it