The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A normal Nibenese house?

PopotoSalad
PopotoSalad
✭✭✭
Could we get a Nibenese style house that isn't notable (Linchal Grand Manor) or holiday-themed (Enchanted Snow Globe Home)? I'm not sure I want to commit to a manor, and I'd like a home that can be used year-round. The Imperial Edition houses are all Colovian style. A normal, classic-sized Nibenese house is something that ESO's housing catalog currently lacks.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nibenese house sounds great.
    Edited by TheImperfect on November 4, 2019 1:47AM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Autumn's Gate as my New Life (i.e. Christmas) house. While not the largest house its architecture fits with a winter holiday theme.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I absolutely agree. We do need a normal Nibense style home. There are plenty of models existing in game, both in the Gold Coast and Hollow City.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss my Benirus Manor in Anvil from TES Oblivion. ZOS turned it into a bank!
    OB-place-Benirus_Manor_Restored.jpg
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss my Benirus Manor in Anvil from TES Oblivion. ZOS turned it into a bank!

When they announced the Gold Coast and Anvil, I was almost sure the Manor will be a house. That was my favourite house in TES Oblivion. Sadly they did not do it.

[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unfortunately doubt we'll see a new Imperial-themed house until we get some Imperial-themed content of some kind, and I doubt it will be in the Nibenese style we see in the Gold Coast (which is ironic, since the Gold Coast is Colovian, but I digress). I still have my fingers crossed for a townhouse in Leyawiin when they eventually decide to release a bit more of Cyrodiil.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • PopotoSalad
    PopotoSalad
    ✭✭✭
    I unfortunately doubt we'll see a new Imperial-themed house until we get some Imperial-themed content of some kind, and I doubt it will be in the Nibenese style we see in the Gold Coast (which is ironic, since the Gold Coast is Colovian, but I digress).

Maybe we'll see something similar pop up in the south of Hammerfell, whenever that's added to the map. A mix of Nibenese and Redguard styles would be quite nice.

• kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a smaller Nibenese or just have the manor avaliable perminatly as last time it came around i had no money to buy it.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A small or medium sized Nibenese house is very high up on my house wishlish. I was disappointed there was no small house to get on the Gold Coast surrounded by golden fields.

I'm crossing fingers that the next chapter will be Cyrodiil and that it will be the Nibenay part.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • PopotoSalad
    PopotoSalad
    ✭✭✭
    A small or medium sized Nibenese house is very high up on my house wishlist.

I'd prefer a larger house with a medium courtyard, similar in scale to the classic-sized Dunmer houses. A nice touch would be including both a courtyard and an atrium.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A small or medium sized Nibenese house is very high up on my house wishlist.

I'd prefer a larger house with a medium courtyard, similar in scale to the classic-sized Dunmer houses. A nice touch would be including both a courtyard and an atrium.

The classic dunmer houses are what I consider medium.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unfortunately doubt we'll see a new Imperial-themed house until we get some Imperial-themed content of some kind, and I doubt it will be in the Nibenese style we see in the Gold Coast (which is ironic, since the Gold Coast is Colovian, but I digress). I still have my fingers crossed for a townhouse in Leyawiin when they eventually decide to release a bit more of Cyrodiil.

Not terribly ironic, as ZOS basically copied the Gold Coast and Anvil straight from TES IV Oblivion. Walking up the cliff to Kvatch in the Dark Brotherhood DLC was the purest jolt of Oblivion nostalgia I've ever felt. I think I told my SO, "I'm in Kvatch...and its not on fire!"

So if there's a problem with the architecture, blame Oblivion for ignoring Colovian/Nibenese differences in favor of generic high medieval European hodge-podge.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it was great to finally step foot in Kvatch and say, “so this is the way it looked!”
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if there's a problem with the architecture, blame Oblivion for ignoring Colovian/Nibenese differences in favor of generic high medieval European hodge-podge.
    Wait, what?! In Oblivion we have different architectural styles for each country (town) to the total of 8 including Imperial City and not including Kvatch. In ESO we have a lazy approach with two colovian and nibenese styles that are arbitrary selected and named. And we should blame Oblivion?!
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Wait, what?! In Oblivion we have different architectural styles for each country (town) to the total of 8 including Imperial City and not including Kvatch. In ESO we have a lazy approach with two colovian and nibenese styles that are arbitrary selected and named. And we should blame Oblivion?!

I was replying to a complaint about the Nibenese architecture present in the Gold Coast and Anvil, which is copied and pasted straight out of Oblivion. You want to complain about the style of Anvil? Take that up with Oblivion. And yes, there are a number of lore purists who do in fact gripe at Oblivion for its architecture in comparison to previous lore on Colovian/Nibenese differences. (Of course, there's also people who gripe that Cyrodiil isn't a jungle, so YMMV.)

The Cyrodiil cities arent half as detailed, being as it's base game and Cyrodiil, but Bruma is distinctly Nord architecture. I was less impressed with Chorrol and Cheydinhal. That? Sure, go right ahead and blame ZOS for putting minimal effort into towns that have a series of glorified fetch quests.

But Anvil? The Gold Coast? Straight outta Oblivion.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But Anvil? The Gold Coast? Straight outta Oblivion.
    As far as I remember nowhere in Oblivion the architectural style of Anvil is called Nibenese. So there is no need to blame Oblivion. One should blame ESO where Anvil style suddenly became Nibenese style if one wants to blame.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.