Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's time to Undo the Undo bugs.

Pelican
Pelican
✭✭✭✭✭
Undo has been bugged for a very long time and needs to be fixed ASAP. This bug is making Undo extremely unreliable which should not be the case for an ulti that is meant for EMERGENCY situations. There are 2 main bugs currently for undo.

Bug 1
This is the more common bug and happens VERY frequently. I am talking half the time here at least, and I have to pray to RNGesus that I don't get the bug everytime I use it.
Description of bug: You cast the ulti, it consumes your ult and it goes off, but you teleport 0 meters to your current position and you don't get back the resources you had 4s ago either. Basically just eats up your ulti and wastes 1 GCD casting it.
Here's an example: https://streamable.com/mmbf5.
You can see how that bug cost me the entire fight since I desperately needed it to restore my HP and outmaneuver the large group chasing me. If you can't fix the positioning (which i assume is hard to do), AT LEAST make it restore the resources even if the teleport fails.

Bug 2
This bug happens rarely but is even more annoying. You basically teleport into an object and get stuck there. It can happen on literally any object. I've been stuck in a keep wall, a floor, a keep front door, a tree, a rock, a wooden staircase and even a bloody lamp.
You can see it for yourself here: https://streamable.com/y45si

Undo is an excellent tactical skill to have but the constant bugs takes away so much of its value. Please fix it asap.
Edited by Pelican on November 9, 2019 6:57PM
PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second this. I believe we will have in January 2020 - 1 year anniversary of Undo being bugged. It needs to get fixed, and it would be nice to have it fixed before game dies.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we have no news on this?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread #10+ about undo being non functional. It's been a year now with no response from ZOS whatsoever. The skill was one of the best options in the game for PVP play the first patch it came out, and it is sad to see it be neglected for so long (especially considering it is locked behind a DLC AND A SKILL LINE GRIND).

@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please include the percentage chance that the ultimate will work in the tooltip. Something like:

50% chance to drain ultimate instead of going back in time 4 seconds
    There is no cooldown on this skill failing to work.

Please change the tooltip to reflect what the skill actually does. The current tooltip implies if I activate my ultimate I will go back in time 4 seconds, which is not true. This isn't 1 out of 50 or 100 attaempts, it often fails more than it works.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please include the percentage chance that the ultimate will work in the tooltip.
    And reduce its Ultimate cost, to offset the now-official unreliability factor? :trollface:
  • Titain
    Titain
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in roll it back this game is the worst it has ever been. don't even think the devs play the game, they just say oh this would be cool. Roll it back to August, and let the devs work on repairing the new skill they have added and leave everyone alone.
    The customers paid for, and honed the skill lines available to them. if there is a problem with a skill fix it. do not hold everyone hostage to the ideology of a few new devs in the department. We have been playing this game for years and created our own play styles. So all of a sudden it is someone's great ideal to turn the game upside down, and disrupt the entire ESO community. We are suppose to applaud this?
    My bad, maybe this is the wrong thread, but undoing the last few patches seems like a better idea to me. then fix undo after they undo all the other bugs they created.
    Edited by Titain on November 9, 2019 1:23PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I've tested this ult few dozens of times and it's hard to tell what causes it to fail to work, it seems that when out of combat it always work (but it can be just luck).

While in combat there is no clear signs of what causes bug. My previous assumption as it wouldn't work when someone uses channel ability on us is wrong, as few times when I was beamed it worked as it should. Also terrain seems to be irrelevant, as bug happens both on uneven ground and on completely flat terrains.
    Maybe status effects, detection pots...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!