The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New weapons

Jodynn
Jodynn
✭✭✭✭✭
Three proposals here, in order of importance to me... And you aren't even going to need to add another skill line.

Destruction staves melee variant, same passives, same skills except now melee, only different it has the range of melee with a smack of the stick, and it has the same weapon damage as a 2handed does just for magicka, this would give melee magicka users something nice and a sacrifice for ranged if they want to deal more damage at cost of range, a fair trade off. Would also open a quicker heavy attack, making it much more viable than the 3 second ranged heavy attack.

Spears, a 2 handed weapon, heavy weapons passive would give crit, this would make the gap between dw and 2h much less in end game pve. Also, give me the aesthetic, people love spears, you could even have halbards for some weapon outfit styles.

Hand to hand in dual wield, dual wield expert passive would give stamina back for each light attack instead of a buff, the argument of it not fitting the skill line I would argue the person could channel their stamina into make their arms into a lethal weapon, outfit styles are unknown or could be none.

Welp, that's all I got, you could even make it a weapon masters expansion so you could charge people, I don't care, this would add some balance and feeling to classes like magdk that they have their own weapon type because inferno range feels clunky, not useless sometimes it would be more useful like in asylum or vMA.

People been asking for spears since day one ( before actually ) and the crit bonus would make it much more viable, win win no?

Hand to hand was mostly for fun I care less about it.
Jodynn PC NA
PvE and PvP MagDK
The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would far rather magica got a new weapon line, which it absolutely requires given it only has ONE weapon skill line and ONE weapon type... while stamina gets 4 weapon skill lines and umpteen different weapons with different status effects to choose from.

I and others argue for a skill line wherein different weapon combos can be selected with different status effects, such as more base damage, crit chance, bleed damage, penetration etc, much like stam benefits from. I and others have argued that these should take the form or tomes/runes/scepters etc all of which are abundant in fantasy lore for magica use.
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    Three proposals here, in order of importance to me... And you aren't even going to need to add another skill line.

Destruction staves melee variant, same passives, same skills except now melee, only different it has the range of melee with a smack of the stick, and it has the same weapon damage as a 2handed does just for magicka, this would give melee magicka users something nice and a sacrifice for ranged if they want to deal more damage at cost of range, a fair trade off. Would also open a quicker heavy attack, making it much more viable than the 3 second ranged heavy attack.

Spears, a 2 handed weapon, heavy weapons passive would give crit, this would make the gap between dw and 2h much less in end game pve. Also, give me the aesthetic, people love spears, you could even have halbards for some weapon outfit styles.

Hand to hand in dual wield, dual wield expert passive would give stamina back for each light attack instead of a buff, the argument of it not fitting the skill line I would argue the person could channel their stamina into make their arms into a lethal weapon, outfit styles are unknown or could be none.

Welp, that's all I got, you could even make it a weapon masters expansion so you could charge people, I don't care, this would add some balance and feeling to classes like magdk that they have their own weapon type because inferno range feels clunky, not useless sometimes it would be more useful like in asylum or vMA.

People been asking for spears since day one ( before actually ) and the crit bonus would make it much more viable, win win no?

Hand to hand was mostly for fun I care less about it.

There is actually a boss that does this already, so the animations already exist. It's magic damage, done in mix of melee or ranged attacks....Rivenspire, East-Rock Landing WB, Strada gra-Drom.

I'd love to have that variant to use, would actually feel good to attack to swing my staff around, not point at things with my magic stick.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather an arcane warrior skill line for melee magic builds. I would be so hyped for this on my melee magblade assassin.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well from my experience ZOS is path of least resistance
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah damn a stam player asking for 3 stam weapons and not a single Magicka viable variant, not even hybrid. Of course, people just never look further than their own two hands.