Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

Do you hate being logged out after 15 minutes?

• lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess none of these people know it what it feels like to be bored out of your skull waiting for Dungeon Queues to kick in... I get logged out all the time waiting in the 40 minute queues. It's not my fault I'm logged in and not playing - it's literally the game's fault. If I'm on for dunegons and literally nothing else, it often means ~40 minutes per dungeon... alot of time to waste between that I have nothing to do in game during that time.

Alot of times now I just fiddle my analog every 5 minutes or so... which is basically no different than if I idled there all night anyway... just seems silly that happens when queued up.
    Edited by lagrue on November 5, 2019 11:55AM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    I guess none of these people know it what it feels like to be bored out of your skull waiting for Dungeon Queues to kick in... I get logged out all the time waiting in the 40 minute queues. It's not my fault I'm logged in and not playing - it's literally the game's fault. If I'm on for dunegons and literally nothing else, it often means ~40 minutes per dungeon... alot of time to waste between that I have nothing to do in game during that time.

Alot of times now I just fiddle my analog every 5 minutes or so... which is basically no different than if I idled there all night anyway... just seems silly that happens when queued up.

Well, firstly I really think that if you're so dedicated to doing dungeons, that you can't find anything else to do in game to occupy yourself with in the meantime, you probably should do them with guildies instead of random people in the dungeon finder, no? Because that's a whole seperate issue, that the queues are still so ineffective. And really, if you just sit there waiting for your dungeon to pop, you can't really leave the room to do anything else anyway, because you'd miss your notification, so... I can't quite see how it is then such a bother to move your toon a little every 10 minutes.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem with it. Idle players add to the server load for no reason so out ya go.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »

Well, firstly I really think that if you're so dedicated to doing dungeons, that you can't find anything else to do in game to occupy yourself with in the meantime, you probably should do them with guildies instead of random people in the dungeon finder, no? Because that's a whole seperate issue, that the queues are still so ineffective. And really, if you just sit there waiting for your dungeon to pop, you can't really leave the room to do anything else anyway, because you'd miss your notification, so... I can't quite see how it is then such a bother to move your toon a little every 10 minutes.

Like I said, I do it - it's just stupid I have to sit there jiggling the analog stick every few minutes so as not to be logged out.

Secondly I am in a dungeon based guild but very often I play at awkward times for my region when nobody is on.

A solution would maybe to just be to... not kick players who are queued unless they actually miss the Ready Check? Like if I'm queue, I'm clearly waiting. I can hear the sound of Ready Check without constantly staring at my screen or holding the controller in my hands. I'm not talking about walking away to go make supper while I wait... I'm here...in the same room... but every now and then mans forgets to hit those analogs, and loses 30 min of queue time.
    Edited by lagrue on November 5, 2019 2:28PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t mind it, I just wish the login screen music matched the in-game music volume. I have been logged out while reading something but still in front of my console with my headphones on and it never fails to scare the bejeebus out of me. Why, why is this a thing?
  • llande
    llande
    ✭✭✭
    phuein wrote: »
    I'm surprised at so many players encouraging Zeni's bad practices. A 15 minute idle timer doesn't improve the servers, at all. If any representative tells you otherwise, they're simply misinformed.

Wow, you are so wrong. If only you've worked with any IT company you'd have known that. Those that don't do it or do it less aggressively have either a healthy surplus of cores and memory to handle peak loads or fully scalable solution on a leased cloud.
  • phuein
    phuein
    ✭✭✭
    I hope a Zeni representative with the ability to affect this change reads this thread and takes action. This isn't some huge development issue; it's a couple of timers.

Thank you for all the feedback from players! :)
    Author of beloved and rejuvenated addons:

ShowMount           • PvP FPS 2018

Notebook 2018         • Junkee 2018

BestFriends 2018      • New Addon

Target Dummy Tools   • Guild Rank Colors
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm intrigued; I get kicked after five minutes, not 15. Anyone know why?
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15 minutes AFK, I would consider that not playing. It takes a minute to get back in. No big deal at all in my opinion, I'm used to this from other games.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Because I know I do. And we all pay to play this game. It can't be such an intolerable load on the servers, when they are already sharded (instanced), to just let us idle for an hour.

And we should absolutely never be logged out in our own player homes. Ever.

Please comment if you agree and would like to see this fixed. :)

Personally I think it should be 15 seconds. 15 minutes is way too long in my opinion. If your loitering in a game you should log out. Simple as that. I think they should cut it down to 5 minutes tbh.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »
    just swap to crown store before you afk. seriously. I left mine for like 50 minutes the other day and it didn't unlog me.

Why do you feel the need to stay logged in? When you're not playing the game? 50 minutes ?! Man I hope they patch that soon? You're taking about valuable real estate when you stay logged in for 50 minutes. But it's pretty obvious you could care less. It's because of gamer's like you that I have to wait until I can log in. But again I know you could care less.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why this would bother anyone, I'm fine with it, takes all of a minute to log back in...
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I know I do. And we all pay to play this game. It can't be such an intolerable load on the servers, when they are already sharded (instanced), to just let us idle for an hour.

And we should absolutely never be logged out in our own player homes. Ever.

Please comment if you agree and would like to see this fixed. :)

This is standard in most mmos. It's to prevent afkers. Logging back in also does not take long. Seems kind of a pointless complaint considering the other things going on.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't read thread. No, it doesn't bother me at all. Why would a performance enhancing thing like that bother anyone? Or would you rather lag through hundreds of perma dancing, "look at my cool green drooling mount and all my pets!" "How dare you try to use the crafting station I carefully blocked with my bear then went afk for five hours" perma logged in fools in every main city?
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use the drunk personality and rubber band your controller to go in circles.