The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What does your crystal ball tell you about ESO's future?

• Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say that in 1-2 years is comming out TES6 and ZOS will regret catering small percent of player base (hardcore no lifers). Single players & casuals will move on after all these years of being slapped in the face. Feel free to qoute me in the future.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohnooze wrote: »
    I'm just curious what you guys think about the future of the game. See the thing is I like the game so far but I'm a little hesitant about spending a lot of time in an mmo if I'm not fairly confident about it's future. I see a lot of negativity around here. On top of that PC still has performance issues and stuff like that.

I don't know...just curious what the veterans think of the game atm and the future.

Thanks

2020 is going to be a VERY interesting year. Im excited to see the performance changes timeline come to fruition, and the next year long chapter storyline is heavily hinted to have something to do with Skyrim.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be very surprised if this game has a 15 year anniversary like WoW is having.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Commancho wrote: »
    I say that in 1-2 years is comming out TES6 and ZOS will regret catering small percent of player base (hardcore no lifers). Single players & casuals will move on after all these years of being slapped in the face. Feel free to qoute me in the future.

How would a single player game kill an MMORPG?
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO is not real MMO. It's not real single player either...
    ...BUT it has attracted alot of single players and I think ZOS has heavily underestimated them...
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

People that wanted Skyrim 2.0 or get their TES fix come here. Whether or not it's a significant number we will see.

They will need to have a better start than FO76 though.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

...BUT it has attracted alot of single players and I think ZOS has heavily underestimated them...

It's massively. It's multiplayer. It requires an internet connection to plays since it's online. It is a Role-Playing Game.

• Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's massively. It's multiplayer. It requires an internet connection to plays since it's online. It is a Role-Playing Game.

Small instances, small scale PVP, smal scale PVE... sorry, but requirement of internet connection doesn't make it MMO. As for the RPG part of the game then you must be joking. Storywise ESO is like a puzzles which are comming from diffrent pictures. Quests are repeatitive, boring and generic to this point that most people skip dialogues. Some puzzles are nice, but they you can't see a whole picture. Character building part is fun, but updates are very discouraging people from investing their time and money. Housing and guilds are quite very shallow element of the game. Requests from player base are either ignored or they land in the crownstore. I could keep going for hours...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does your crystal ball tell you about ESO's future?

Every time i shake it, it comes back with the same two words: Outer Worlds

Not sure what that means though ...
    idea.gif

• Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    My magic mirror says that the combat devs will realize that their job are happy and preferably also paying customers, and therefore they will stop nerfing and start boosting (be it players or mobs), to counter overpowered skills, because they know that the Red Queen effect can be played both ways. Everyone is happy and the game thrives.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »
    They will trash cp in 2020

tbh...anything would be better than what we have now.

Yes just ask anyone who uses the new microsoft suites, not better by any means than the previous versions.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Small instances, small scale PVP, smal scale PVE... sorry, but requirement of internet connection doesn't make it MMO. As for the RPG part of the game then you must be joking. Storywise ESO is like a puzzles which are comming from diffrent pictures. Quests are repeatitive, boring and generic to this point that most people skip dialogues. Some puzzles are nice, but they you can't see a whole picture. Character building part is fun, but updates are very discouraging people from investing their time and money. Housing and guilds are quite very shallow element of the game. Requests from player base are either ignored or they land in the crownstore. I could keep going for hours...

Small scale PVP? A 2,000 player PVP map is "small" by your standards? What MMO besides ESO and Planetside 2 supports PVP on that scale? Link it for me.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm optimistic. I predict a Skyrim chapter probably next year, which will bring in a massive new wave of players. I believe the current performance overhauls and ability audits are in preparation for when that expansion comes. If the game functions well, and the combat is somewhat fairly balanced, there is a good chance that a lot of those new players will stick around, and ESO will be a big success for years to come.

I also expect AOE healing to get nerfed again in the near future for PVP purposes. A popular suggestion has been to limit non-targeted heals to group members only. This would likely have two positive effects: 1) better server performance, and 2) people might actually die once in a while in PVP. My hope is that strictly selfish heals will not be touched.. seems like they're in a decent spot right now.

In the meantime, I'm still having fun.. just like I have for the past 3 years. 5000+ hours and 13 maxed characters, and I still can't wait to go home and log in after work today. I'm excited to see what the future brings.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Longer than ES6
    PC EU
  • DukeDiewalker
    DukeDiewalker
    ✭✭✭✭
    fu5e4oI.jpg
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My money is on 2022 bring the final expansion they release.

2020: Skyrim - huge surge in population
    2021: Cyrodiil - declining population but still coming back for the nostalgia
    2022: Random zone - huge population decline, TES VI is out as well as a bunch of new MMOs and online RPGs
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magic-8-ball-outlook.jpg
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Small scale PVP? A 2,000 player PVP map is "small" by your standards? What MMO besides ESO and Planetside 2 supports PVP on that scale? Link it for me.

Show me your screenshot with 2000 players.
  • Ohnooze
    Ohnooze
    ✭✭✭
    My money is on 2022 bring the final expansion they release.

2020: Skyrim - huge surge in population
    2021: Cyrodiil - declining population but still coming back for the nostalgia
    2022: Random zone - huge population decline, TES VI is out as well as a bunch of new MMOs and online RPGs

Honestly it depends if they are willing to step up and update the game.

If they remastered it and overhauled the graphics, gameplay and performance it could continue to do well for years to come.

But if they leave it as is I don't know. I think that's why I asked because the game is getting up there and it's still a good game imo but what's realistic as far as life span?
  • tigerborn62
    tigerborn62
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing since launch (pc and then onto console) and I still enjoy it very much. There's nothing like it for me. Stories can be fun, the company is enjoyable every now and then, and I like the many layers to it. I can craft, pvp, pve, farm mats, and so on. Almost whatever mood I'm in. I am home a lot due to disabilities, so it's a wonderful "babysitter" for me. Hope it never goes away.
    One thing, though. It is becoming quite huge in scale. There's is so much to do now and it's hard to keep up. However, I'd rather it be this way than too little.
    Peace, my friends.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurie wrote: »
    Also given that they aren't keeping ESO on life support while they develop their new game^^

This right here. Many of the changes we've been seeing, back and forth flip/flop nerfs/ buffs totally dart board random changes I personally believe is live research for another launch. Right now we're still playing/paying and ESO is one of the only(if not THE only really on consoles) game in town. Why not use us and explain their "mysterious vision changes" because...reasons. where else you gonna go.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not good if they dont get combat and performance to a good place and QUICKLY players are tired of poor performance and constant combat changes.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine until there is a decent new mmo.
    Doesn’t look like there will be anything any time soon.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game is dying... due to mismanagement
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently having fun, but I'm not a fan of the general direction the game and development team seem to be taking.
    Shantu wrote: »
    Performance is a horrid issue for some, which ZOS has stated they'll be addressing next year.

This here is one of my biggest gripes. Not just that the performance is overall less than optimal, but their general attitude in addressing it. There is zero sense of urgency, like they don't actually care that the game runs like crap for so many people regardless of hardware. Putting it off until next year while ramping up the items in the gambling crates is seriously insulting.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fine until there is a decent new mmo.
    Doesn’t look like there will be anything any time soon.

New LOTRO on paper looks real promising, got awhile though.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I asked http://www.ask8ball.net this question.

The answer:
    "Without a doubt."

What, specifically, is not in doubt is not identified, however. Oracular ambiguity is a meme of sorts, I suppose.

edit to add: my 'cleverness' was anticipated. Magic 8 ball failed to warn me. Beware false oracles.
    Edited by Cundu_Ertur on November 1, 2019 12:45AM
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Show me your screenshot with 2000 players.

You can't capture 2,000 players spread across an entire map in one screenshot. You CAN capture a specific fight.

Here is an example of a single battle that ESO supports: https://youtube.com/watch?v=SUzFW0Y11BM

That is just one battle. Multiple fights like this can occur at the same time on different points of the 2,000 player map.

Did ZOS officially downgrade the total player cap in Cyrodiil from the original 2,000 player limit or something? And if so, what other MMO has a larger player cap per PVP map than ESO?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just curious what you guys think about the future of the game. See the thing is I like the game so far but I'm a little hesitant about spending a lot of time in an mmo if I'm not fairly confident about it's future. I see a lot of negativity around here. On top of that PC still has performance issues and stuff like that.

I don't know...just curious what the veterans think of the game atm and the future.

Thanks

I am a "casual PVE" player that spends most in-game time on idle tasks and PVE holiday events. I have very few performance issues, so lag and drops are no problem. This is my "end game", and I have several max level characters and am fairly skilled as a solo PVE player.

There is a ton of "overland" PVE content, and almost all of it can be done solo, if concerned about multiplayer entanglements. Questing is solo, including the various main quest lines. There are more involved multiplayer dungeons, trials, arenas, and bosses when you want to do that. I usually don't do group stuff, other than "ad hoc" multiplayer content (others happen to be around fighting the same things), but that is mainly because there is enough other stuff to do that I really don't need to.

If I was starting out as a new PVE player, just coming into an MMO, I would have no hesitation starting with this game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus