Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What does your crystal ball tell you about ESO's future?

Ohnooze
Ohnooze
✭✭✭
I'm just curious what you guys think about the future of the game. See the thing is I like the game so far but I'm a little hesitant about spending a lot of time in an mmo if I'm not fairly confident about it's future. I see a lot of negativity around here. On top of that PC still has performance issues and stuff like that.

I don't know...just curious what the veterans think of the game atm and the future.

Thanks
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unable to login to crystal ball interface. But the Tarot cards say that someone is aware of this issue and is investigating.

Update: There's something coming through on the ouija board right now. I can't quite make it out, the table's a bit scratched and the letters have been peeling away for ages. It's, erm, Than something something, erm pats something. Can't quite make it out, ethereal communication is terrible.

Oh yes, got it now. It says, "Thank you for your patience."
    Edited by pdblake on October 31, 2019 2:39PM
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joking aside. I'm still finding it fun. It is though, far too grindy and I find my playing sessions are getting shorter with increasing regularity.

I'm researching traits, almost there in fact, but often wonder why. What will I have achieved at the end of the day?

The quests are fun, for the most part, and I haven't done Southern Elswyer yet, but most of them are easily forgettable and I don't really relish doing them all again on another character.

It needs a bit more variety other than "go close these four portals" or other repetitive task, so the uber powerful mage who doesn't seem to be able to do anything at all but manages to meet you at the very far end of the dungeon without being shredded by the half million respawning mobs, can open another one. They are mostly very predictable, though some do have their moments. I've enjoyed Elswyer and Summerset. Morrowind was disappointing, but I went there with the original, massive, almost endless original in my head (all those blocked off tombs!).

But, as I said, it's still fun, otherwise wouldn't still be trying to log logging in. It's also very good visually and the voice acting, for the most part, is excellent.

I must add, despite the logging in problems, performance does seem to have got better.
    Edited by pdblake on October 31, 2019 2:29PM
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohnooze wrote: »
    I'm just curious what you guys think about the future of the game. See the thing is I like the game so far but I'm a little hesitant about spending a lot of time in an mmo if I'm not fairly confident about it's future. I see a lot of negativity around here. On top of that PC still has performance issues and stuff like that.

I don't know...just curious what the veterans think of the game atm and the future.

Thanks

Dont care. Dont play. Game is trash.
  • Ohnooze
    Ohnooze
    ✭✭✭
    Rezdayn wrote: »

Thanks

Huh....why are you here? Unless it's sarcasm.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks

Because he has no life. Trolling the forums of a game you don't enjoy is the epitome of ridiculous. If the guy truly disliked ESO as much as he said he does he wouldn't be here and that is fact. You don't spend time on things you "hate."
  • Ohnooze
    Ohnooze
    ✭✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »
    Joking aside. I'm still finding it fun. It is though, far too grindy and I find my playing sessions are getting shorter with increasing regularity.

I'm researching traits, almost there in fact, but often wonder why. What will I have achieved at the end of the day?

The quests are fun, for the most part, and I haven't done Southern Elswyer yet, but most of them are easily forgettable and I don't really relish doing them all again on another character.

It needs a bit more variety other than "go close these four portals" or other repetitive task, so the uber powerful mage who doesn't seem to be able to do anything at all but manages to meet you at the very far end of the dungeon without being shredded by the half million respawning mobs, can open another one. They are mostly very predictable, though some do have their moments. I've enjoyed Elswyer and Summerset. Morrowind was disappointing, but I went there with the original, massive, almost endless original in my head (all those blocked off tombs!).

But, as I said, it's still fun, otherwise wouldn't still be trying to log logging in. It's also very good visually and the voice acting, for the most part, is excellent.

I must add, despite the logging in problems, performance does seem to have got better.

Thanks for the reply. I notice I get random stutters here and there for absolutely no reason.

Running a 5700xt, Ryzen 3600 and 16gb of ram at 1440p. Should not be a problem for this pc.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the reply. I notice I get random stutters here and there for absolutely no reason.

I get those, usually just after wayshrining. It lasts a few seconds and then it's gone. Since the last update I've noticed the same now and then when in Rimmen, but only in Rimmen, which seems a bit odd.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm, crystal ball.

If they fix PVP performance, I will continue to happily play ESO regularly. Playing in Cyrodiil with my friends is a blast when ESO works properly and I'm not crashing every time we try to fight in a large battle.

If they don't, I will gradually become one of those players who logs in long enough to play the latest PVE story content and then leaves. I still enjoy the quests and most of them work properly.
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »

Thanks

Because he has no life. Trolling the forums of a game you don't enjoy is the epitome of ridiculous. If the guy truly disliked ESO as much as he said he does he wouldn't be here and that is fact. You don't spend time on things you "hate."

Lol so defensive without thinking.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First off, people generally come to forums with questions or to express discontent, so you have a lot of bias in what you read. As to the future, who knows? I suppose as long as the crown store is generating revenue, it will stick around. A lot depends on what you find enjoyable. I know lots of people who spend hundreds of RL dollars to decorate their 25 homes or chasing the latest fashionable outfit motif. As to combat, it's grown increasingly annoying, but then again that seems to be a constant state. Performance is a horrid issue for some, which ZOS has stated they'll be addressing next year. But really, all MMO's are a crap shoot to some extent. The best you can do is try them out, see if you can find some fun, enjoy it while you can, and hope for the best.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks
    Main complains is the jojo changes with skills who nerfed lots of builds and makes it hard to keep up with the changes if you have many caracters and don't play that much.
    I think that will pass mostly however.

Second is performance issued during all the events. However this is because its too many players.
    Has joked that the combat changes is to get people to leave or play less :)
    Also remember main reason for most to come to the forums is to complain.

Main worry for you is not the future for ESO but more if you get bored or burn out.
    its easy to burn out on quests if you do them for many hours to.
    Recommend that you get into some nice guilds this opens up lots of fun group play at all levels.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP specifically, if the game can't handle large scale zerg PvP, and it seems like it really can't, they need to start taking steps to reduce the effectiveness of horde game play to make it less prominent.
    Many suggestions have been made (limiting buffs/heals to within a group, reducing group size, etc.)
    Just cutting and buffing a few skills by a percentage doesn't change things.
    But the party line from ZOS seems to be to do nothing, and apologize that it isn't working very well.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating.

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    More Nords. Less cats. Just as much fun (which for me is a lot of fun).
    PC EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More of the same, new stories, dungeons and trials without any new game systems.

That's not entirely a bad thing as the content they put out is really good, but I don't see them adding anything new and mind blowing to the game.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My crystal ball shows Matt Firor on a huge yacht named "Crown Crates". So I'm guessing between now and sometime in the future Matt fixes all the problems and gets rewarded.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will trash cp in 2020
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say that providing ZOS get their stuff together, stop messing up the combat system and improve performance generally, the future should be bright. Also given that they aren't keeping ESO on life support while they develop their new game^^
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they can solve the performance problems, of which there are many, it will still be going for years.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4pr8aXh.png
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »

tbh...anything would be better than what we have now.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »

tbh...anything would be better than what we have now.

Man how many times must it be said - Be careful what you wish for!
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks

Nah, pretty sure I articulated my point in a pretty straight forward fashion. So, here ya go: "So transparent without thinking." <---That's you. Exposed.
  • Suryoyo
    Suryoyo
    ✭✭✭
    If they can deliver then it's going to be a blast otherwise it seems like they're getting drowned in a sea of bugs, old bugs coming back, long loading screen longer than ever, new bugs, fps and lag worse than ever, new developments not ready for release (new lfg tool), testing phase showing its limit...
  • Shewolf075
    Shewolf075
    ✭✭✭
    The future for ESO... I see a icy storm approaching which will last long, it's permafrost won't leave us stunned but guaranteed to chill our bones.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is reminding me that at one per day, the cheap blue jewelry writs I've stockpiled will take nearly six months to process.

oh *** i just bought some more help
    signing off
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad performance
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No one will ever know the future of an MMO. Some people thought Tabula Rasa, or WIldstar, or FireFall(MMOlite?) would take off and be a thing for many years. Boy where those people so wrong right? If you are afraid of investing time and resources into an MMORPG because you think it could go belly up and sunset on you, well the good news is we know that Every MMORPG will go belly up. Everyone of them will eventually shut down. Will it take 20 years or 3 years? No one knows.
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭

Thanks

But you did not deny what he said about you either which I find interesting. so maybe it is true?