The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Want to run eso off an external harddrive

GallantGuardian
GallantGuardian
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have experience in this ..

I play on ps4

And this game takes up way too much memory along with gtav read dead and a few other games I’d like to keep separated from my hard drive space

Is this possible if so how? I don’t want to lose anything which I realize that parts not even stored on my ps4

Any advice would be helpful
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for not answering your question as I haven't tried using external drive in PS4. It should be quite straight forward though, just make sure you don't buy the slowest device on the market.

However I think the long term solution would be better if you would upgrade the internal storage. The drive is really easy to change, they have designed PS4 so that you can do it without any expertise.

Just buy something like 2TB HDD or better yet SSD drive and you're set. It might cost you even less than buying external drive with the same capasity. After that you don't have to worry much about what you want to install on your PS4
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on October 26, 2019 5:20PM
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses everyone I’m getting an 8tb this week
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »
    Sorry for not answering your question as I haven't tried using external drive in PS4. It should be quite straight forward though, just make sure you don't buy the slowest device on the market.

However I think the long term solution would be better if you would upgrade the internal storage. The drive is really easy to change, they have designed PS4 so that you can do it without any expertise.

Just buy something like 2TB HDD or better yet SSD drive and you're set. It might cost you even less than buying external drive with the same capasity. After that you don't have to worry much about what you want to install on your PS4

Wait why an sdd over an hdd?
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSD's are way faster than traditional platter HDD's. However they hold less data and are more expensive per GB than a HDD.

Plus they have a shorter lifespan (read / write cycles). But that could have improved with newer models...not really sure as I don't keep up with it.

Edit: I run my games of a 500GB SSD, but I'm on PC. I also have a slower 3TB HDD to store normal documents / music etc.
    Edited by OldManJim on October 28, 2019 3:34AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!