The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Great Job, ZOS, now we're back to PvP Tank Meta /facepalm

• alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    to me the probs is skills do to much damage if that was lowered peeps would not go tank meta

Half of wut they do in pve u think tht is too much damage

it just takes some coding for pvp, you alter damage out put
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Asys
    Asys
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    Killing It

:D
    I need TP for my ***!
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit
    Edited by Cirantille on October 22, 2019 10:53AM
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭
    meh...
    Edited by LucyferLightbringer on October 22, 2019 10:56AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you think the game would (d)evolve when everyone cries for a nerf to anything that kills them or is "overtuned"?
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And the crying starts LMAO. Looks like you need to actually adjust your builds. I never get why people do not do this on the PTS beforehand.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on October 22, 2019 1:31PM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And the crying starts LMAO. Looks like you need to actually adjust your builds. I never get why people do not do this on the PTS beforehand.

Adjust builds to what? Show me how you deal with 4 tanks on a team, 2 being dedicated healers with guard up from their buddies. There is no adjustment, there's just coordinated Ult drop and burst and then you hope to get your hits in and actually kill something. If not, you wait again and repeat.

There is no "different build" counter to these. :joy::joy:

Have you even played a high MMR BG before? :joy:

You can deal with the one odd tank once in a while, even two, that's not the issue this thread is discussing though.
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 22, 2019 1:40PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can someone throw me one of these op tank builds? as far as i saw no heal or tanking ability was buffed. Only some damage nerfed. Don't cry because tanks are stronger, they are not they are just the same, your damage got lowered just a bit and suddenly the excuse for this are the same tanks.

again, tell me at least one of these op builds that survive 2+ players in BGs
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

High MMR BGs are just full of players running 40k-50k+ health blocking and watching each other until their ults charge then atttempt :joy: to kill each other.

Can we please have an increase of block costs and decrease of block mitigation on battlespirit?

Or better yet, give the opposing team some way of increasing enemy block cost, but design it in such a way that it's not possible to do so while also having a 40k health block build yourself.

Stamina/magicka drain and ability cost increase poisons? It might not apply to dots, but it will make them heal less, thus easier to kill.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a defense cap...
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »
    Careful for what you wish for, you just might get it.
    Reap what you sow.

I would much rather have everyone squishy and actually dying all the time than this, trust me. I don't understand why so many people in this game get frustrated or extremely mad with being killed, it's PvP, you kill you die.

Or in this case, you don't die, you don't kill, you just wait every BG out till the end of the time limit.

from what you just said its simply l2p issue...
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    ZOS has been attempting to introduce effective counters to the heal/tank meta for years. Proc sets, oblivion damage, easy access to Defile, DOTs....they've tried their darnedest to figure this out, but every solution they've introduced has been extremely unpopular with players.

I'm not at all optimistic about whatever it is they attempt to do next.

Most counters they come up with miss up most regular player while tanky/healers are nit effected as much. Major defile on incap was taken out because it was a death sentence to classes with out purge even though it did wanders against tanks in pvp. It was taken out because it was too steong for people to deal with, in no-cp pvp atleast.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get rid of the lag and we who play PVP will be thrilled! We won’t care about Meta builds, we will and always have adapted. We want to play! The OG players will come back and cyrodiil will once again fill up.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reap what you sow.

I would much rather have everyone squishy and actually dying all the time than this, trust me. I don't understand why so many people in this game get frustrated or extremely mad with being killed, it's PvP, you kill you die.

Or in this case, you don't die, you don't kill, you just wait every BG out till the end of the time limit.

Nope, you just never healer/tank bots in BGs and that is way you say it is l2p issue. Everytime I play healer with my friend, where are unkillable even with coordinated ulti drop. If we have 1 or 2 decent DD players, it is mostly win for us. I can litterlay set in aoes and out in the open surrounderd by 4+ players and heal my way throu with my friend back and forth out in the open, no need for LOS control or blocking. Of course that was pre scalebreaker because single target dots were much weaker. After scalebreaker was released, we were melted down by dots, 2-3 players with 1-2 dots each were more than enough to take us down. Now dots have been nerfed. None if us is even relying on pirate skeleton, hero steaddast, or shakl breaker sets. We use off meta set. We almost never do any dmg, just pure healing/support bots.
    Edited by universal_wrath on October 22, 2019 2:50PM
  • Philtho
    Philtho
    ✭✭✭
    mabye they could make dots more damage
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tenious pact between ZoS and the players has all but evaporated. The drums of war thunder once again...
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Day 1 of the patch...
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been saying for years that PvP heals are out of control, but no bit ever listens to good ol’ ChunkyCat.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    ZOS has been attempting to introduce effective counters to the heal/tank meta for years. Proc sets, oblivion damage, easy access to Defile, DOTs....they've tried their darnedest to figure this out, but every solution they've introduced has been extremely unpopular with players.

I'm not at all optimistic about whatever it is they attempt to do next.

The thing is.. they try to make things that kill tanks in a way that it would not nerf PVE side of things (too much atleast) but whenever anything kills people the "nerf it naoww its OP!!!11" demands start since people not like to die.

Onslaught (and strong DoTs) was working as a tank buster. Yes, it works on everyone else too. Hard to make one without the other.

Apparently, this what now is what people wanted, they demanded the nerfs.

And.. most likely ZOS soon nerfs tanking (for pve) instead of a cool solution like making Onslaught into a Balanced Blade - a strike that penetrates all resistances AND scales so that the more the target has HP and the less the user (a risky glass cannon bonus) it hits harder with a % bonus damage based on health difference. Trashcans would get destroyed with such a scaling.

Coordinated group with such offensive tools will end up the "draw" game.

But nooo... people cry always when ZOS tries to introduce things that would end up the healtank meta. Remember the crying about Soldier of Anguish? People started to cry about it and getting it nerfed even before it was on Live. Things like that set and other heal absorptions are needed to kill healtank groups. But now, with fewer and fewer accessible Defile sources on top of that.. well, here we are. :|
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Adjust builds to what? Show me how you deal with 4 tanks on a team, 2 being dedicated healers with guard up from their buddies. There is no adjustment, there's just coordinated Ult drop and burst and then you hope to get your hits in and actually kill something. If not, you wait again and repeat.

There is no "different build" counter to these. :joy::joy:

Have you even played a high MMR BG before? :joy:

You can deal with the one odd tank once in a while, even two, that's not the issue this thread is discussing though.

The correct way to deal with that is through the design of the game mode, preventing OP team fight compositions stacking in games is one of the reasons most team based PvP games use modes that split players up to some degree (with the added benefit that also ups the skill cap through a higher degree of teamwork, map awareness, etc).

But as ESO PvP is badly designed, uncompetitive, low skilled trash, you have what you have...
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either build tanky yourself or build for burst and penetration. Don’t tell me it doesn’t work, as I’ve already done it. Or quit. Honestly it isn’t any skin off my back. The options are there. If you’re unwilling to choose one, it’s on you and no one else.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh the zergling tears i love it
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reap what you sow.

Nope, you just never healer/tank bots in BGs and that is way you say it is l2p issue. Everytime I play healer with my friend, where are unkillable even with coordinated ulti drop. If we have 1 or 2 decent DD players, it is mostly win for us. I can litterlay set in aoes and out in the open surrounderd by 4+ players and heal my way throu with my friend back and forth out in the open, no need for LOS control or blocking. Of course that was pre scalebreaker because single target dots were much weaker. After scalebreaker was released, we were melted down by dots, 2-3 players with 1-2 dots each were more than enough to take us down. Now dots have been nerfed. None if us is even relying on pirate skeleton, hero steaddast, or shakl breaker sets. We use off meta set. We almost never do any dmg, just pure healing/support bots.

Thank you for sharing your experience, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Some people just have no clue or probably haven't even gotten high enough MMR to properly understand what's up.
    D3N7157 wrote: »

You seem to not understand what the words you used actually mean.
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 22, 2019 6:58PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We're back to a tank meta? Strange, in light armor last patch I sat in breach and had my bar filled from one side of the screen to the other in DoTs and still survived.

Hmm...
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote we just scrap everything n just have
    LA HA an AOE and a HOT
    Annnnd call it gd...
    Scrap armour sets and CP
    Y’all don’t need that stuff...oh n reduce bosses/mobs health bars by 50%
    Should make the game nice n balanced
    No need for class identity skills n such just wasted code that’s mucking up server performance
    Alright, let’s do this!!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You can sort of tell who doesn’t too. Day 1: where is everyone the BGs are slow, and when I do get a pop I can’t kill anyone!
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    can someone throw me one of these op tank builds? as far as i saw no heal or tanking ability was buffed. Only some damage nerfed. Don't cry because tanks are stronger, they are not they are just the same, your damage got lowered just a bit and suddenly the excuse for this are the same tanks.

again, tell me at least one of these op builds that survive 2+ players in BGs

Class agnostic:

"Healer"
    Bogdan 2-piece
    Trinimac or Hist
    1 Damage or sustain set
    As much damage reduction as possible
    Layer HoTs
    Rotate between shields and block
    Ice staff/Resto

"Tank"
    Also Bogdan
    Also trinimac or hist
    1 Damage or sustain set, or defensive set* (depends on if you can get major and minor protection from skills)
    As much damage reduction as possible
    Layer HoTs
    Rotate shields
    Ice Staff / Resto or SnB Resto

I am not joking about this by the way.
  • kapachia
    kapachia
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Its always been to easy to turtle up and heal in this game. Snb just makes it stupidly easy

Turtles can not kill you, can they? How can they attack and harm you when they hide inside the shell? Plus they are too cute.

Problem is not turtles but iron golems that constantly HoT and hit hard same time. And breath fire and poison.
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reap what you sow.

Thank you for sharing your experience, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Some people just have no clue or probably haven't even gotten high enough MMR to properly understand what's up.

Its you who doesnt understand a thing if you waste your time attacking tanks
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reap what you sow.

Its you who doesnt understand a thing if you waste your time attacking tanks

No, the issue is they don't appear as tanks, they do normal damage, but tank like tanks.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling