The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What should I be excited for with the Dragonhold patch? can't find anything (Worst patch ever)

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »
    Well no one force you to pay or play.

I'm hyped by this dlc and can't wait to go back questing and exploring a new aera.
    Good to have something else than the classic "new dg only" dlc.

For combat, I don't really care, I'll adapt, like I did every time, like everyone did every time.
    DPS of my guild are already ready to the patch and won't lose to much so it's not a big deal.

Your guildmates aren't losing much DPS this patch, eh?

That's cool. Can you post any advice for these magical builds that aren't losing "much DPS" when the general consensus seems to be that top DPS classes like stamnecros and stamsorcs are losing 10-15k DPS?
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Best part will probably be that within a few hours of launch, ZOS will lock all the new whining threads and all the people who said they would leave will just leave, and the forums will be quiet for a couple months before the next wave of "the world is ending" posts.

Ummm.... Steam stats show a 66% decline in player concurrents since Elsweyr.... and Steam represents only a portion of the player base but it is apparent in game that the trends are pretty accurate.

Furthermore, that brings the concurrents of ESO all the way back to how low they were in September 2016.

So, if you think this game losing 2/3 of the player base and regressing back to where it was in September 2016 is not a big deal, then I don't know what is.

The numbers are very much working against ZoS at the moment.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agility set is buffed. yay.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance update part one. I want to see how many on here supported patches with performance updates only in the past tbh but that'd be nuts.

Nerfs are better game design than letting power creep go completely wild. We're not even nerfed down to the dps of 1 year ago lol.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't login 7 days .

ZOS , GL .
  • Sorbin
    Sorbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you've got to realize is that this game is basically a neutered approximation of co-op Skyrim for the majority of the players. They come back, quest with their friends, end up buying cosmetics and *** and basically play a social/cosmetic endgame. It's an Elder Scrolls-skinned chat room.

I've been playing AAU this week and, despite its launch issues, it's amazing to play a game that doesn't baby its players.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayshuba wrote: »
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Best part will probably be that within a few hours of launch, ZOS will lock all the new whining threads and all the people who said they would leave will just leave, and the forums will be quiet for a couple months before the next wave of "the world is ending" posts.

Ummm.... Steam stats show a 66% decline in player concurrents since Elsweyr.... and Steam represents only a portion of the player base but it is apparent in game that the trends are pretty accurate.

Furthermore, that brings the concurrents of ESO all the way back to how low they were in September 2016.

So, if you think this game losing 2/3 of the player base and regressing back to where it was in September 2016 is not a big deal, then I don't know what is.

The numbers are very much working against ZoS at the moment.

Population will always spike when a new expansion drops.
    It happens with every game.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let's compare it to some previous q4 dlcs.

CWC:
    introduced transmutation, a huge game changer for pvp and pve
    Asylum Sanctorium, the hardest PvE content at the time and still an epic challenge with awesome rewards
    some really great craftable sets for pvp AND pve
    a unique aesthetic and zone vibe that hasn't been done to death and was super cool to explore.
    some great motifs

Murkmire:
    introduced Blackrose prison, which is a mess of an arena but it's still tough content that has arguably one of the cooler looking motifs.
    a lot of cool collectibles and a great overworld pvp set
    some weird craftable sets that used new mechanics
    a stand alone story in a zone that had an aesthetic that we only saw in shadowfen, so they got to elaborate on it more. I Would argue cwc had more unique stuff.

Dragonhold:
    a crafted set that will be useless on launch
    looks exactly like elsweyr but somehow they made it look generic and bland based on the previews [i wonder if between elsweyr and scalebreaker they added many unique new assets]
    has no arena or trial
    we don't know what the motifs look like, they could be cool but chances are 99% they look parallel to the khajiit motifs we've already gotten
    no new gameplay elements or enticing sets for pvp
    literally just a glorified quest zone

could be wrong, but dragonhold really doesn't hold up to some of the previous ones. It looks generic compared to the wild originality of elsweyr, the dragon theme is getting stale, it has no new enticing pve or pvp content aside from casual questing, and it's accompanied by some of the most dreaded balance changes rivaled only by scalebreaker.

I'm as excited as I would be for a dungeon dlc basically. I'll play through it in an hour and it won't wow me or anything most likely. I'd love to be wrong. but i just don't think it will be anything remarkable.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually do care a lot about storylines in this game, and I want to know how the story continues/ends.

That said, my DREAD of what they've done to my characters completely outweighs any possible excitement over new content. Too much, too harsh. It's like getting a root canal on your birthday, how excited can you really be about cake (and I LOVE cake)?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I couldn't afford ESO Plus I don't think I'd buy any new content. Besides, they'll eventually give it away for free as a log-in reward.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    1) I think the arena that came out with murkmire was poorly received. I think few people did/do it.
    The problem lies in difficulty. With players who can do Craglorn HM and easily run through vDSA with 39k+ scores I can't complete vBRP after weeks of trying with the help of guides. While nBRP is no alternative because it's so easy you fall asleep while afk'ing through it. ZOS seems to be incapable to provide a challenge to the average endgame raider. Well, ok, I guess vSS without HM might be the sweet spot. It has a learning curve, but in my opinion it's overall easier than HRC HM, probably of similar difficulty like vMoL (maybe a bit easier, because vMoL Twins require a whole group to know what to do especially with mediocre group damage, while in vSS as long as a few know what to do it's easier for the dps to play the mechanics)..

I am hoping we aren't seeing some arena or mini trial in dragonhold, because ZOS is planning something big for the next chapter. Even with vSS some players were complaining that it's not a "full" trial like vHoF or vMoL is.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    The meta tank has not disappeared from Scalebreaker. It became even worse and more tanky. Guys with 25k-30k health were able to inflict damage about 1 million thanks to Dizzy spam and dots.
    In pve, too, moments of passive gameplay are visible
    Scalebreaker goodbye hope we won't meet again.
    On the other hand Scalebreaker thank you for calibrating today.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on October 21, 2019 7:33AM
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Who claims that ESO is losing players. I wonder why you believe in your truth and where these players go. Blizzard and other companies have already lost a lot of players. Someone's leaving, someone's coming that's okay. Trying to scare ZoS with things that you can't control it's stupid.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on October 21, 2019 8:48AM
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Dots were way to over powered. Everyone knows it, I'm super happy about the patch as I'm mainly a pvp player and for us this one was easily one of the worst patches ever. I can't wait until all the dots get nerfed.

Although I hate how they have to turn around everything concerning combat every 3 months.

And I would much rather get a story rather than two shi*ty dungeons or a new trial.

1. Nobody is saying DoT's didn't need a nerf, rather that the pendulum swung way too hard in the other direction, DoT's were overnerfed during week 1.

2. People warned Zenimax that the Scalebreaker DoT's were stupidly overpowered, and they ignored everybody, going on full steam ahead with their changes. Everything that's happened shouldn't have happened in the first place, you shouldn't praise Zenimax for their negligence, ignorance, and, most importantly, arrogance.

How the hell did I praise Zenimax when I wrote out with "this was easily one of the worst patches ever"?

Direct your bitterness elsewhere little buddy.

• kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    If you're into PVE combat, there is absolutely nothing to get excited about. I've really enjoyed combat it this game for 3 years. But starting with Nerfmire, things started going downhill. Now this patch officially pushes it all over the edge. Its been said time and time again the only thing this combat team is killing is enthusiasm. It's like you have to beat them over the head 20 times with a sledge hammer before they figure out they have a headache. :/

I also feel that "Nerfmire" was a turning point. After that I stopped enjoying the changes they did to classes and combat.
    Maybe things were not perfect before the Murkmire DLC, but overall they were better than now, when things change to much and in the wrong directions, despite feedback from the community.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Eiregirl
    Eiregirl
    ✭✭✭
    So why should I be excited going back into the game after this patch?

Just to check how much less my DPS has become? most patches improve some skills even when they nerf stuff changing the meta and making people wanna try the new stuff. What did this patch do? nerf dots while keeping direct damage the same. So basically everything in the game will just take longer... yay fun.

Lets look at the DLC itself what new do we get? a story quest that few people actually care about? no new trial, arena or dungeon. Even the only new kinda useful set new moon acolyte will still be out performed by the same meta sets that have been going forever and sustain is crap so its just a hindrance.

Why would I ever want to get back into the game with a patch like this?

Anyone see anything worthwhile coming with this patch?

It is all subjective, no matter whether it is ESO, WOW, GW2…name the game. No matter the update, patch, expansion or whatever some will love it and some will hate it and there will be opinions everywhere between the extremes.
    There are a lot of people who care about the story. In a couple of guilds I am in that is all they have been talking about for weeks.

Since you said “a story quest that few people actually care about?” I will say that fewer people care whether or not there is new gear, dungeons or trials than there are people who care about new quests.

Like I said, it is all subjective...

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.” John Lydgate
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nowhere close to the worst patch ever lol

nerfmire, was the worst patch ever. This patch is slightly annoying by comparison.
    Edited by GrimTheReaper45 on October 21, 2019 7:51PM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nowhere close to the worst patch ever lol

nerfmire, was the worst patch ever. This patch is slightly annoying by comparison.

Uhh ... "Nerfmire" was a walk in the park compared to this.

This is an incomplete list ...

> Boneyard: Increased the base cost of this ability and its morphs to 4950, up from 3780, and decreased the damage per tick by approximately 20%.

> Shocking Siphon: Decreased the damage per tick of this ability and its morphs by approximately 20%.

> Skeletal Mage: Decreased the damage per hit of this ability and its morphs by 40%.

> Lotus Fan (morph): Decreased the damage per tick by approximately 40%.

> Summon Shade: Decreased the damage per hit of this ability and the Shadow Image morph by approximately 31% per hit.

> Cripple: Decreased the damage per tick of this ability and its morphs by approximately 40%.

> Blazing Spear: Increased the initial hit damage of this ability by 10%, but decreased the damage over time by approximately 59% per tick.

> Solar Barrage: Decreased the damage per tick by approximately 15%.

> Sun Fire: Decreased the Damage over Time of these abilities by approximately 47% per tick.

> Swarm: Decreased the damage per tick of these abilities by approximately 40%.

> Twin Slashes: Decreased the damage per tick of this ability and its morphs damage over time by approximately 50%.

> Poison Arrow: Decreased the damage per tick of this ability and its morphs by approximately 50%.

> Destructive Touch: Decreased the damage per tick of this ability and the Destructive Reach morph by approximately 50%.

> Infectious Claws: Decreased the damage per tick of these abilities by approximately 40%.

> Werewolf Berserker (morph): Decreased the damage per tick of the bleed applied from this morph by approximately 36%.

> Entropy: Decreased the damage dealt of all 3 versions of this ability by 40%.

> Scalding Rune: Reduced the damage per tick of this morph by approximately 36%.

> Fiery Breath: Reduced the damage per tick of the Damage over Time portion of this ability by approximately 20%.

> Searing Strike: Reduced the damage per tick of the Damage over Time portion of the ability by approximately 47%.

> Daedric Prey (morph): Reduced the bonus damage for pets to 20%, down from 40%.

> Lightning Splash: Reduced the damage per tick by approximately 20%.

> Spear Shards: Reduced the damage per tick of these abilities by approximately 30%.

> Unstable Core: Reduced the initial and secondary damage dealt of this ability by approximately 44%, and the final hit by 25%.

> Dive: Reduced the damage of these abilities by 10%, and increased their base cost to 2700 from 2430.

> Permafrost: Reduced the damage done of this morph by 50%.

> Carve (morph): Reduced the damage per tick of this morph by approximately 40%.

> Stampede (morph): Reduced the damage per tick by approximately 20%.

> Uppercut: Reduced the damage dealt by this ability and its morphs by approximately 16%.

> Flurry: Reduced the damage dealt by this ability and its morphs by approximately 8%.

> Blade Cloak: Reduced the damage per tick by approximately 18%.

> Wall of Elements: Increased the base cost to 4950, up from 3024. Reduced the damage per tick by approximately 18%.

> Soul Trap: Reduced the damage per tick of this ability and its morphs by 40%.

> Trap Beast: Reduced the damage per tick of this ability and its morphs by approximately 50%.

> Sentinel of Rkugamz: Reduced the amount of Stamina restored from this set to 115 per second, down from 500. This set now also returns Magicka per tick.

> Grand Rejuvenation: This item set will no longer grant 740 Stamina to allies hit by the initial heal of Grand Healing or its morphs. Instead, the initial heal of Grand Healing will restore 100 Magicka and Stamina to allies every second for 4 seconds.
    Edited by LiquidPony on October 21, 2019 9:45PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new wing of the Lunar Champion House? :lol: I'm with you OP, there's a lot of nerfs, and not a lot of exciting things in the new patch, if you're not into questing. For me a silver lining is that I might play more with my stamblade again, but other than that, pretty meh.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best patch ever!!!?
    For whales, QQnoobs, Ranters and Nerf loud mouths. They really know how to make a patch this GOOD!
    I just hope they continue to deliver patches of this quality and make threads that they are " Listening" to the feedback from their "special"
    payers by implementing what they feel is worthy to their mighty vision that others are not able to see. GG!