The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is 10 days enough time to do everything for the Witch's Festival?

PizzaCat82
PizzaCat82
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
For someone who hasn't done anything during the event (not me, but new players), trying to do all the achievements in 10 days seems impossible.

1. Learning all hollowjack,
2. Learning all Dremora style
3. Kill 100 skeles
4. Get a unique plunderskull for each type (requires arena, trial, delve, dungeon, world boss, etc)
5. Consume 10 Marionette parts
6. Complete wichmother's quest
7. Earn 100 Plunderskulls (farm for at least a day)
8. Eat (and learn recipes) for each food during wiches festva (8 recipes)
9. Complete 28 Withes festival writs
10. Eat 3 more foods (more recipes)

Plus all the quests and "Use cauldron 10 times" but those are easier.

Didn't we used to get more time to do these? I feel rushed, even with only the new ones. God forbid I want to try getting an alt through some of these.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only real barrier is whether or not said new player can run trials and nMA. Possibly writs, I havent looked at what's needed for writs.

All the rest of it will be for sale on guild stores so they can buy the parts they don't have if needed. If they wait towards the end of the event, most rewards will be dirt cheap.

Skeletons are simple - go farm them in Skyreach or a public dungeon with skele mobs. Note that there were credit issues last year - you are better off doing it in an instance like Skyreach, ungrouped.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Year of the dragon...
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like another mind-numbing grind event. I just want my tickets.
    And there's always next year to complete the achievements? Except maybe the festival writs. If the writ drop rate is like New Life last year, getting 28 in 10 days (versus 20 days of New Life last year) is gonna be a huge grind.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 16, 2019 6:23PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can already find Hollowjack and Dremora for dirt cheap. And people will be dumping them off once the event starts.

10 days is a very reasonable amount of time to complete all of these, or even to buy some of the recipes if they don't drop for a player.

100 Skeles is 10 per day. Or hitting a skeleton infested delve like twice. A quick 30 minute farm of the Public Dungeon in Deshan is more than enough to net 10-15 plunder skulls, 100+ skeletons, and some gear that can be sold as well.

Do the dailies from a few zones like Elyswere, Murkmire, and Summerset. Just from those alone, you are looking at a potential of 12 Plunder skulls per day, if you kill the Delve boss for the Delve dailies. Plus you have the chance to get motifs and gear you can use or sell.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Witch's Festival time?

I wasn't aware it had begun...
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Jabber
    Jabber
    ✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    It's Witch's Festival time?

I wasn't aware it had begun...

Something tells me you are unaware of many things
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    You can already find Hollowjack and Dremora for dirt cheap.

So it's the same ol' motif from last year? I was confused on if it was a new Dremora style or if it was the old one
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when does it start? 24th?
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's 240 total hours. A 3rd of that time will be you sleeping, so remove 80 hours. That leaves 160 hours, which we can remove about 40 hours for your day job, which leaves 120 hours. Let's remove another 20 hours for good measure (shower time, bathroom break, eating, checking your twitter feed, petting your cat, etc.).

Is 100 hours not enough time?
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's 240 total hours. A 3rd of that time will be you sleeping, so remove 80 hours. That leaves 160 hours, which we can remove about 40 hours for your day job, which leaves 120 hours. Let's remove another 20 hours for good measure (shower time, bathroom break, eating, checking your twitter feed, petting your cat, etc.).

Not for 18 characters, no.
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »

I'm not sure why you'd expect to collect the achievements and everything on all of your characters though? It's a bit unnecessary.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Plenty of time for one character.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

Man, I wish I had that much free time to play ESO. Rather than deduct expected non-game time it would be easier for me to add up expected free time to play based on the calendar for the event. I get about 2h on Mon-Thur and maybe 3h on Fridays, so about 16h weekdays. There are 2 Saturdays in that event where, if I'm lucky will total 14h and one Sunday where I might just be able to manage 10h.

Which comes to a total of 40h. I haven't yet decided which of my characters will participate so it's not obvious yet if 40 hours will be enough. Since I have a large number of under level 50 characters I might just try to use the XP boost to get more of them to that level.

Truth be told I have no desire to have all of my characters learn every motif or get every achievement. I kind of feel the OP is trying too hard to get everything done on all characters in one event, maybe they should save some for next year.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are a couple of dungeons in Cryodiil that you can grind out a 100 skeletons in under 30 mins, (if even that long.) (note, this suggestion is for PvPers.)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The chests and I think maybe the legs are pretty pricey. The rest are cheap-o.

• PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We still dont' know how bad these writs will be to obtain. IF its anything like New life, it will be bad.

It just doesn't make sense. Nothing is going on right now. Nothing is going on next week. Why start it so late and give us so little time?
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It just doesn't make sense. Nothing is going on right now. Nothing is going on next week. Why start it so late and give us so little time?

Various reasons I think:
    • They are running out of time to spread out 4 berries. Weren't they basically late with Q3 events? Now they're compressing to make up for it and still stay on schedule to close the year with New Life?
    • Also, the break in between is important for people who are already pressured to log in every day for a splotchy tattoo or some other collectible. Remember the five-week marathon?
    • They also need to patch in the data, which probably means coding in-between events to get it ready for activation.
    • New Life last year was 20 days and a few hours after reset, for 21 tickets. Maybe people felt that was too much so they compressed berry tickets into 2 per day and fewer event days?
    • There might be ticket cap issues if an event gave out too many tickets. Some people might have to spend them on garbage to not waste it, then end up short the next event if they can't do it fully.

Would you prefer 1 fewer event but more days, or the full event lineup but fewer days for each?
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    The chests and I think maybe the legs are pretty pricey. The rest are cheap-o.

Is this a drop rate issue or popularity issue? Sort of like how Minotaur Chests seem to drop far less often than other motif pages?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 16, 2019 9:33PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are a couple of dungeons in Cryodiil that you can grind out a 100 skeletons in under 30 mins, (if even that long.) (note, this suggestion is for PvPers.)

Varanis's idea is safer then, doing Skyreach. But Craglorn mobs are toughed, so maybe do normal Volenfell and hang around at the end.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering this even repeats every year and considering some of the items will be sold on guild traders a week is long enough.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have a ton of Hollowjack and other items to sell from the last couple years. Time to clear out some bank space!
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The normal Plunder Skulls drop about every five minutes, and the Hallowjack chapters can all be earned on one character and the dupes spread around as necessary. Ditto for the recipes dropped, and you can have the first character(s) to learn them make the goodies for the rest if necessary. Witchmother's quest only takes about 5 minutes per character. Find a delve with skeletons in it for your grinding and you should be good for skellies too. IIRC you can complete (but DON'T TURN IN) the Maelstrom Arena quest the day before to get the skull when you turn it in the next day, so depending on your characters, skill, and schedule you can do the time consuming part of that in advance. Completing everything on one character will be completely doable barring bugs. (Eighteen characters maybe not. :P)

That's IF you want to do it all yourself of course. As others have pointed out, the chapters and recipes from last year are still floating around; I think the most I've sold Hallowjack chapters for was 2k, and most of them were less than that, so you can start on that now if you don't mind going shopping.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For someone who hasn't done anything during the event (not me, but new players), trying to do all the achievements in 10 days seems impossible.

3. Kill 100 skeles
    4. Get a unique plunderskull for each type (requires arena, trial, delve, dungeon, world boss, etc)

Didn't we used to get more time to do these? I feel rushed, even with only the new ones. God forbid I want to try getting an alt through some of these.

I've not seen this one mentioned yet but there's only 1 quest for the event and it genuinely takes about 20 minutes at most to complete.

Other than that it's just farming enemies and collecting items, many of which players will be literally giving away during the festival. Doing it on one character would be reasonable for the majority of players, even those who don't have much time to play. Doing it on more than one is possible, but of course it depends on how much time you have.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

Varanis's idea is safer then, doing Skyreach. But Craglorn mobs are toughed, so maybe do normal Volenfell and hang around at the end.

Volenfell works, that's a great suggestion!
    Vile Manse, Forgotten Crypt, Crypt of Hearts 1, and Coldharbor by the skeleton ship in the north are other good farming spots.

The problem I remember from last year was you had to get the killing blow on the skeletons. So going somewhere like Skyreach where you weren't sharing kills with a group was essential to quick farming, especially on a tank or healer.

Volenfell would work well for that, since you could trade off killing with group members.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to take a long view. I'm not sure Nirn will implode if an achievement hunter takes two or three festivals to complete all the achievements for a particular type of festival. They are all pretty much annual events. But of course the only achievements I get generally surprise me and only come from doing things I enjoy.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

For PvErs the Deshaan delve may count? Forgot the name. Forgotten Tombs?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

I believe you're thinking of the public dungeon in Deshaan, Forgotten Crypts. All my characters farm there for the '100 skellie' achievement. The skellies respawn fairly quickly.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Forgotten Crypts is the public dungeon WNW of Mournhold which has both skeletons and bosses. The Corpse Garden is a delve NE of Mournhold that has skeletons and a delve boss (this is the one used in the Undaunted rotation).
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any new stuff that will be dropping?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learning all hollowjack,

Easy: Hollowjack has a generous drop rate.
    Learning all Dremora style

Moderately Difficult: This will require, at a minimum, two days of heavy play. It is doable, but, you could get unlucky, particularly with the Arena drops. The least painful way to get the Arena skulls is running nMA.
    Kill 100 skeles

Easy: Takes a little time.
    Get a unique plunderskull for each type (requires arena, trial, delve, dungeon, world boss, etc)

Moderately Difficult: Easier than the Dremora Style, and, irronically, will be completed while you're chasing that one.
    Consume 10 Marionette parts

???: Don't know the drop rate or source.
    Complete wichmother's quest

Easy: This one takes about five minutes.
    Earn 100 Plunderskulls (farm for at least a day)

Easy but Time Consuming: This one just requires you find someplace you enjoy killing bosses, and rack up a few kills. It goes surprisingly fast. Content like Dungeons or Arenas may be slightly more efficient chasing this one. My significant other complete this in one night during the first Witches's Festival.
    Eat (and learn recipes) for each food during wiches festva (8 recipes)

Relatively Easy: The only wrinkle is, there are a few new foods this year.
    Complete 28 Withes festival writs

???: Droprate and source unknown. Judging by the New Life Writs, this will probably be pretty painless. Also, this one may be open post event. The writs will need to drop during the event, but you could complete it in July (potentially), however, I haven't looked at the achievement to verify this.
    Eat 3 more foods (more recipes)

Easy: You can just chow down... unless it's bringing the recipe count to 11, in which case, probably Moderately Easy.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3. Kill 100 skeles

you can try next year, so there's no rush.
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU