Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ring of Mara and ESO+

Zephard
Zephard
✭✭✭
So my search-fu hasn't come up with anything to answer my question. So my question, if you both are ESO+ does the Ring of Mara xp boost work?
My wife and I play almost always in couples (not real RP, but she likes that RP idea), so to level up from 1 to 50 quickly, we had Scroll of Mara, so we used it.
But when I take the ring off and she has it on, we both are still getting the same experience.

If it doesn't stack with the ESO+ then I have us replace it with a different ring.

Does the ring xp boost show up in your character profile?
  • Zephard
    Zephard
    ✭✭✭
    So tomorrow starts the 100% xp boost, so is there anyone that might have an answer for this question?
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zephard wrote: »
    So my search-fu hasn't come up with anything to answer my question. So my question, if you both are ESO+ does the Ring of Mara xp boost work?
    My wife and I play almost always in couples (not real RP, but she likes that RP idea), so to level up from 1 to 50 quickly, we had Scroll of Mara, so we used it.
    But when I take the ring off and she has it on, we both are still getting the same experience.

If it doesn't stack with the ESO+ then I have us replace it with a different ring.

Does the ring xp boost show up in your character profile?

I believe you both must wear the ring simultaneously and it only works if you are then grouped. If one removes the ring, neither gets the bonus. Was I peed off when I discovered I had to break my 5/5/2 set bonuses to wear it. Stupid :(
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on October 23, 2019 9:01PM
  • Zephard
    Zephard
    ✭✭✭
    Short answer: It works with ESO plus.

So, I am sorry about the asking. It was more about me not thinking to ask my partner do run test.
    We did the test. Yes, you both have to be wearing the rings, and be grouped, and within proximity.
    The effect does not show it is active. So that was what was confusing me. There is no indication that it is "on".

• Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Mara works with ESO+.

If you have ESO+, certainly once you get to max lvl50, I would strongly advise dropping Mara because you would be better off with actual rings from sets to complete the 5 piece bonuses etc.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    The Ring of Mara is explained here at the UESP site on the Ritual of Mara.

It doesn't say that the rings are character bound, they are sort of, as in that although another character on your account can wear the ring, they won't get the XP bonus.

The rings apparently are not reusable, that page says that "A character can perform the Ritual of Mara with up to eight other characters." but you'll need a new Pledge of Mara for each ring pairing. I had one Pledge from the Imperial edition bundle and used it with my partner on our main characters until we got past leveling gear. Got another pledge somewhere along the way and we used that on another pair of characters that are lower level.

More pledges are available in the crown store for the rather high price of 1,000 Crowns. Although if you split that with your partner it's only 500 crowns each.

Like Grianasteri, I would only use the rings for leveling, especially during events like this. You get a group bonus of 10% so if you group with your Ring of Mara partner you should get a boost of 20% or 30% total with ESO+. Add in an XP scroll and the event XP boost from the memento and the XP can be quite high. Add in training trait gear and you'll advance quite a bit faster.

The only other thing I'd mention is to watch which ring you replace, in my case I have some random rings and depending on which ring I replaced with the Ring of Mara, I'd lose either magicka or stamina and one loss was much larger then the other.
  • Zephard
    Zephard
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your responses.

It is funny about it, in that my wife and I were already CP 780 when we decided to get serious about making some alts lvled up to 50.

We are only using them to get the extra 10% for those. And we already had the scrolls.
    But we seen it advised on couple of different sites. But one site said it didn't work with ESO+.
    So I was asking confirmation before using them.

Decided to try one without knowing the truth, now I know the truth.

It works with ESO+.