The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zanil Theron-style merchant who sells dungeon/trial/arena gear once a week?

CoronHR
CoronHR
✭✭✭✭✭
and let's say he/she has a special currency, some token, and you can only get 1 per week, given when you complete a dungeon, trial or arena. and let's say gear costs between 2-5 tokens, or more. maybe 10 tokens, and rings 15. that can be determined later. and, whatever you buy is bound on purchase.

i suggest this because it's soul-destroying (not that we have one) to farm a dungeon/trial/arena soooo many times just to get one specific item. i want to enjoy these activities, not have them be like chores.

with this special 'merchant', it would still take you some time to get pieces, but if you just need one piece, then it would allow you to avoid grinding the living hell out of yourself.

this idea has probably been proposed before, although what i've seen is someone suggesting that dungeon/trial/arena gear be unbound and sellable, which i DO NOT agree with.

PC - EU - Steam client
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then he sells Wise Mage and Celerity for the next 78 weeks in a row.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree with the idea.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this. But just not perfected gear you get through vet trials and trial hard modes (like vAS and vCR). Farming a certain weapon can be a huge pain. All I need to mention is the Burning Spellweave Fire Staff.
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on October 16, 2019 12:12PM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have been asking ZOS for some Sort of Token system for years. Specially after vMA launch. The only progress made towards this was loot sharing and Transmutation, which did reduce the pain a lot but not completely.

Honestly, I think it's Ok as the system as it is, but i won't mind if some new system comes as a QoL improvement to make Gear Grind easier.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this. But just not perfected gear you get through vet trials and trial hard modes (like vAS and vCR). Farming a certain weapon can be a huge pain. All I need to mention is the Burning Spellweave Fire Staff.

Did someone mention, "This Dungeon can hurt us in other ways?"

e8kPEyO.jpg
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Got the BSW inferno staff only yesterday, after 40+ runs, in an intermediate chest in vet CoA1. But I ve heard about other people who have done CoA 100+ times and never got it. So I think that a vendor who sells dungeon and trial gear is necessary because farming a specific set, is sometimes a nightmare and may take weeks. Let the more skilled people be awarded with the perfected versions.

I seriously dont know whats wrong with this company, maybe they think that people should be 24/7 over their pc, farming gear in ESO.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Got the BSW inferno staff only yesterday, after 40+ runs, in an intermediate chest in vet CoA1. But I ve heard about other people who have done CoA 100+ times and never got it. So I think that a vendor who sells dungeon and trial gear is necessary because farming a specific set, is sometimes a nightmare and may take weeks. Let the more skilled people be awarded with the perfected versions.

I seriously dont know whats wrong with this company, maybe they think that people should be 24/7 over their pc, farming gear in ESO.

Otherside of this is, (ignoring balance changes), ESO's gear doesn't obsolete. If you had good gear in 2016, and took a break for three years, came back, you still have good, endgame gear. (Again, assuming it wasn't something that got seriously changed, so your Sunderflame/NMG loadout is trashed, but if you were running something like VO/TBS, you should be fine.)
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they could even have roaming merchants in every zone that sells that zone's dungeon/trial/arena gear, and you have to go hunt them down. i get that the devs want to make you work for things, so fine. but yeah, i think we're all in agreement that grinding has some really negative drawbacks when you farm a dungeon 100 times and you don't get a single instance of an item you want.

also, i agree...not perfected sets. i envision this type of merchant selling green level gear only, and perhaps not every type will be there every week. so, with this idea, a player might decide that grinding is better, if they don't want to wait for this merchant to come round
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have already reduced the "grind" of the game by a factor of 8 when they introduced transmutation to the game. Now you just have to hunt for the item, not the item in the correct trait.

I think they found a happy medium between the grind needed, and accommodating players with that system.

It is, after all, an MMO, and you are going to have to run some content a few times to get the gear.

The problem I have with a "token" system, is you'd have to make a unique token for each individual trial/dungeon/etc... so somebody can't earn tokens in FG1 to be able to buy gear from Sunspire. (I'm already not a fan of the golden offering monster helms/shoulders for this reason)

Edit: Spelling... it's always spelling :disappointed:
    Edited by tmbrinks on October 16, 2019 1:07PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destiny had something similar like this, and I suppose ESO has the Golden Vendor even though it doesn't have trial gear. But the thought of another currency is not pleasing.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    Destiny had something similar like this, and I suppose ESO has the Golden Vendor even though it doesn't have trial gear. But the thought of another currency is not pleasing.

Xur is very different. He sells exotics, not Raid Gear. Exotics can drop anywhere. You're also restricted to only equipping two exotics at a time (one armor, one weapon.)

It's a very different system, for a very different game, and still not analogous to this.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would make trials even more empty.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what the point of this is...

Most top end trials gear is specifically designed to work in trials and dungeons, its benefits don’t extend to other areas. Additionally, this gear is almost all acquired through paid chapter content (eg Relequen is a Summerset gear set). So I can’t see the benefit to the game (or ZOS) in implementing this.

If trial gear is really the best for PvP, then that suggests that PvP gearsets need to be seriously looked at and their ‘against other players’ benefits revised.

• Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP is not saying trials or dungeon gear should be available at the vendor to any bozo who wants it, but rather, players need to run the content in order to get the credit to buy specific gear from the trial or dungeon.

I am in favor of a system with no tokens, but the gear players have collected from a specific trial or dungeon being traded against a desired piece. So as an example, trading in X number of weapons from City of Ash to the vendor would allow the player to acquire a specific weapon from that dungeon.
    Edited by Gundug on October 16, 2019 4:45PM
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    They have already reduced the "grind" of the game by a factor of 8 when they introduced transmutation to the game. Now you just have to hunt for the item, not the item in the correct trait.

I think they found a happy medium between the grind needed, and accommodating players with that system.

It is, after all, an MMO, and you are going to have to run some content a few times to get the gear.

The problem I have with a "token" system, is you'd have to make a unique token for each individual trial/dungeon/etc... so somebody can't earn tokens in FG1 to be able to buy gear from Sunspire. (I'm already not a fan of the golden offering monster helms/shoulders for this reason)

Edit: Spelling... it's always spelling :disappointed:

i see what you mean with transmuting and how that helps. that is a good point, and actually, i think that system helps with doing trials because you can get 5 crystals by doing any trial once a week, so it encourages doing lots of different trials and with different characters. i like trials, so i like that. but, i can't do a bunch of different trials at the moment because i have to do this one trial over and over again.

i thought about the 'token' system too. let's say you can't buy sunspire gear unless you have that sunspire achievement that says you've done sunspire. (like with the achievement vendors)

anyway, i'm just suggesting something that might be a bit fun. the likelihood of it happening is way way WAY less likely than finding the burning spellweave flame staff (which i have found btw!)
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    The OP is not saying trials or dungeon gear should be available at the vendor to any bozo who wants it, but rather, players need to run the content in order to get the credit to buy specific gear from the trial or dungeon.

I am in favor of a system with no tokens, but the gear players have collected from a specific trial or dungeon being traded against a desired piece. So as an example, trading in X number of weapons from City of Ash to the vendor would allow the player to acquire a specific weapon from that dungeon.

yeah i like that, trade a certain number of weapons for 1 weapons. but a high number of weapons. i wouldn't want what i'm suggesting to replace trials completely, i would want it just to give players an opportunity to get that one last piece of gear without having to grind 1 piece of content 40 times (unless they want to). so, i would suggest these 'special merchants' (one per zone i imagine, with only zone-specific gear on offer) be 'rare' (appear once a week) and maybe not always carry what you want, but it wouldn't hurt to try
    PC - EU - Steam client