The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

This patch can’t go live. For the love of this game do not let this go live as is

BattleAxe
BattleAxe
✭✭✭✭✭
Reading briefly through several forums it appears as no player feedback is being truly considered with changes being implemented.

Dots over nerfed and buffed up but still missing the claimed target of 33% weaker than live.
Stone fist being pushed through despite numerous complaints to its cost its animation (slam dunk would have been a stam whip but no)
Now this 50% nerf to daedric prey yet where is the power fantasy then for a pet master
Sustain is awful and this alone is a large amount of the problem

Postpone dragonhold launch and add another 4 weeks of testing or don’t implement these changes at all to live with dragonhold.

Sincerely
A very concerned and adamant player
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to this further as it stands this patch may cost the game a large portion of its playerbase if it goes live as is.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with everything you said, 100%.

That being said, I have to say a big part of me wants it to go live. I don’t know how many patches we have to go through telling the devs to actually put some thought into what they are doing. (Will this be the third bad patch in a row?) At this point I am just wondering if the best thing to do is to let them burn their hand so they learn.

And another part of me just wants to see the bad reaction in game.

I am just exhausted by this combat team. I have no idea what I am going to do as a combat rotation, and I just have no energy anymore to figure it out.

And I have a feeling, from the scarcity of people putting up parses this PTS, a lot of other people feel the same way.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude this is one of the least controversial patches ever. Murkmire, 1t, homestead, morrowind, elsweyr, summerset are just the first one to come to my head when I think about a totally *** patch that went 100% against the players' will in terms of combat. Don't expect the dev team to consider a postponement of the patch, nor to make such fundamental changes in the last week for the better.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever everyone thinks of this and previous patches, do you seriously believe ZOS will even consider postponing Dragonhold launch for another four weeks?

Dream on.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurie wrote: »
    Whatever everyone thinks of this and previous patches, do you seriously believe ZOS will even consider postponing Dragonhold launch for another four weeks?

Dream on.

The smart safe move would be to postpone the combat changes and release the content this way combat changes can be tested longer and not risk losing a large amount of the playerbase.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude this is one of the least controversial patches ever. Murkmire, 1t, homestead, morrowind, elsweyr, summerset are just the first one to come to my head when I think about a totally *** patch that went 100% against the players' will in terms of combat. Don't expect the dev team to consider a postponement of the patch, nor to make such fundamental changes in the last week for the better.

About half of those previous patches was with the old combat team. This patch may not be as controversial but it’s at a pivotal point in the games life where this patch is putting eso at a very real risk of losing a large amount of the playerbase that still plays
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    To add to this further as it stands this patch may cost the game a large portion of its playerbase if it goes live as is.

There you have it folk, hyperbole at its finest!

Maybe the scoreboard chasers that loved the current (easy) dot meta rotation, but the bulk of the players don't care. -all they want is new fun content.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe the scoreboard chasers that loved the current (easy) dot meta rotation, but the bulk of the players don't care. -all they want is new fun content.

What is gonna be fun if you can’t cast all your front bar skills before running out of resources? What is fun about not being able to complete half the new fun content? Yes the dot rotation was easy but it helped new players quickly become competitive to eso vets allowing newer players to play the new fun content
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the scoreboard chasers slightly- except that the easy dot meta rotation also allowed newer groups to progress harder content, and next patch are going to be gutted when they realize they do 40%+ less dps and can't raid the stuff they were clearing easily before- but what "new fun content"? the quests in dragonhold? dragonhold is bringing literally nothing interesting to the table in terms of gameplay; no new system like transmutation, no new arena or trial, not even a solo trial, just a small zone with some quests that may utilize a grapple hook. That's about it.

It's cool, but it's nothing to write home about, and definitely not worth the balance changes that are coming with it imo.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

About half of those previous patches was with the old combat team. This patch may not be as controversial but it’s at a pivotal point in the games life where this patch is putting eso at a very real risk of losing a large amount of the playerbase that still plays

Dude, if they haven't left after the patches I mentioned (or even just last patch), they won't leave for this one. Guaranteed. It's just a sustain nerf, and it's WAAAAAAAY smaller than what happened in morrowind.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »

I agree with the scoreboard chasers slightly- except that the easy dot meta rotation also allowed newer groups to progress harder content, and next patch are going to be gutted when they realize they do 40%+ less dps and can't raid the stuff they were clearing easily before- but what "new fun content"? the quests in dragonhold? dragonhold is bringing literally nothing interesting to the table in terms of gameplay; no new system like transmutation, no new arena or trial, not even a solo trial, just a small zone with some quests that may utilize a grapple hook. That's about it.

It's cool, but it's nothing to write home about, and definitely not worth the balance changes that are coming with it imo.

I never said that DH was bringing any fun new content- just that that's what they tend to care about.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Garbage patch is going live regardless but honestly this isn't as bad as the Cast time Ults patch which destroyed the flow of combat imo.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, if they haven't left after the patches I mentioned (or even just last patch), they won't leave for this one. Guaranteed. It's just a sustain nerf, and it's WAAAAAAAY smaller than what happened in morrowind.

Just a sustain nerf? Daedric prey nerfed 50% stone fist/giant being pushed to live despite the complaints I’ve mentioned dots over nerfed but buffed back up and still missing the intended goal of being 33% weaker than live in other forums other players have shown the math and a lot of dots are weaker 40%+. Players did leave during patches you mentioned maybe not in large numbers but each subsequent patch this is showing an increasing number of people leaving. Up until some of scalebreaker changes I defended a lot of unpopular changes.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't think it's about these changes in particular but the fact that at this point, people who have been playing for a while are just tired. Tired of the extreme nerfs and buffs and an ever-changing meta where you may need entirely new gear and an entirely new rotation just to keep up. Those Lokke daggers that you farmed Sunspire over and over for? Drop them for the vMA dual wield setup. Now you get to farm vMA for the set. Oh, and you'll need the Master's bow, so vDSA it is. Except now DoTs are nerfed again, so your hard-earned vMA front bar is toast.To add insult to injury, the setup was useful for about three months. Stuff like THAT is driving people away and has been for some time, but I think people are just... tired. They're not leaving the game out of indignation or anger, they just simply don't care any longer. And I can't blame them in the slightest.
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's going to be fine. Sorcs have some new things to play with, stamblade got a little relief, and some sDKs will discover they like their new pet rock. It won't be the most fun meta for some of us, but not the worst, either. Not even close to the worst.

We'll adjust. And in three months we'll do it again.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SipofMaim wrote: »
    It's going to be fine. Sorcs have some new things to play with, stamblade got a little relief, and some sDKs will discover they like their new pet rock. It won't be the most fun meta for some of us, but not the worst, either. Not even close to the worst.

We'll adjust. And in three months we'll do it again.

Yes ppl that stay will adjust but the problem is every 3 months huge shifts in skills and sets is burning players out see the following

I don't think it's about these changes in particular but the fact that at this point, people who have been playing for a while are just tired. Tired of the extreme nerfs and buffs and an ever-changing meta where you may need entirely new gear and an entirely new rotation just to keep up. Those Lokke daggers that you farmed Sunspire over and over for? Drop them for the vMA dual wield setup. Now you get to farm vMA for the set. Oh, and you'll need the Master's bow, so vDSA it is. Except now DoTs are nerfed again, so your hard-earned vMA front bar is toast.To add insult to injury, the setup was useful for about three months. Stuff like THAT is driving people away and has been for some time, but I think people are just... tired. They're not leaving the game out of indignation or anger, they just simply don't care any longer. And I can't blame them in the slightest.

• MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and get a new lead combat designer while we're at it.
    Edited by MehrunesFlagon on October 15, 2019 10:59PM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and get a news lead combat designer while we're at it.

My only real issue is the combat lead was former pvp lead kind suggest one Sided changes no offense
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My only real issue is the combat lead was former pvp lead kind suggest one Sided changes no offense

Is he “former” or current? I thought he was doing both. (Which would explain a lot.)

Edit: He is both. During ESO live he was billed as “Lead Combat & PvP Designer”.
    Edited by BlueRaven on October 15, 2019 9:45PM
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, you're completely wrong. It's pushing away a much much larger portion of the playerbase than you assume. We are already seeing the effects right now. Entire 500 person guilds drying up and disbanding. PVE has drastically less participation than in the past. Steam player charts showing a slump in players.

But no, I'm sure it's only the score board chasers ;)
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, you're completely wrong. It's pushing away a much much larger portion of the playerbase than you assume. We are already seeing the effects right now. Entire 500 person guilds drying up and disbanding. PVE has drastically less participation than in the past. Steam player charts showing a slump in players.

Sure, bro.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only a few people in my PvE trials guild mess around on PTS, the rest just ask me what they should do and I'm having a hard time coming up with anything better than "play something else"

So far the answer is, build for a LOT more sustain. At the very least add another regen glyph, back bar absorb mag and clockwork citris, take half your skills off your bars and replace them with anything that gives you a passive dps buff and then still expect a 10k dps drop.

Our mid tier dps are going to be shattered. Absolutely demoralised by this update. The ones who have been putting in effort to try and get better are going to get hit hardest and are going to see all their dps nerfed back to where they were 6 months ago.

I will not be surprised at all if they stop turning up.

Last week we cleared vAS+2 for the first time. Normally we'd be bringing through some of the mid tier dps to get their skins and helping everyone improve before moving on to vCR. Forget that now, vAS+2 is out of reach again. Should we restart prog on it because of your nerfs @ZOS_BrianWheeler ?

Should I be telling my guild that because of this patch we're staying in vAS+2 for the rest of the year as we desperately try and claw back the dps we just lost?
    [removed inappropriate comment]
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on October 16, 2019 3:04PM
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common theme of every PTS since heal-breaker
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anything is better than this DoT meta tbh.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, bro.

Ignorance is bliss.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, bro.

Ignorance is bliss.

Sure, bro.
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how much did your dps change compared to live OP?
    also known as Overlich.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is the exact reason I oppose it.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Is he “former” or current? I thought he was doing both. (Which would explain a lot.)

Edit: He is both. During ESO live he was billed as “Lead Combat & PvP Designer”.

With that in mind balance is incredibly one sided.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not like they are making PVP'ers happy either.

Makes you wonder about those 4000 deep queues on AA-U this week.