Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sentinel of Rkugamz: did anyone ask for the change?

Zippy81
Zippy81
✭✭✭
Sentinel of Rkugamz: Reduced the amount of Stamina restored from this set to 115 per second, down from 500. This set now also returns Magicka per tick.

I don't like this change AT ALL. There already is a similar monster set that returns both magicka and stamina, why copy that? This specific set supports a group consisting of stamina damage dealers and the tank, at least that's how I see it. The dwemer bug placed neatly where the group is in melee range. Better add magicka return to the Bogdan set.

Many people rage about changes they don't like, so did I. Can someone explain the reason for the change, please?
Zippy
Kind regards,
Zippy
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone ask for Daedric Prey to be nefed by 50%?

Did anyone ask for any of the changes in Dragonhold, really?

This patch is laughably bad. Anyone hoping for some improvements in 5.2.4 just got a swift kick in the nuts.
  • sindalstar
    sindalstar
    ✭✭✭
    Zippy81 wrote: »
    Sentinel of Rkugamz: Reduced the amount of Stamina restored from this set to 115 per second, down from 500. This set now also returns Magicka per tick.

I don't like this change AT ALL. There already is a similar monster set that returns both magicka and stamina, why copy that? This specific set supports a group consisting of stamina damage dealers and the tank, at least that's how I see it. The dwemer bug placed neatly where the group is in melee range. Better add magicka return to the Bogdan set.

Many people rage about changes they don't like, so did I. Can someone explain the reason for the change, please?
    Zippy

Which monster set was that? I honeslty don't know
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is a niche set tbh. With this change they should increase proc chance from 10% to at least 25%, and reduce the cool-down.

(2 items) When you heal yourself or an ally, you have a 10% chance to summon a dwemer spider that heals for 1000 Health and restores 500 115 Stamina & Magicka to you and your allies within 5 meters every 1 second for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

So umm...yeah, it is kinda trash set now. At least make the range bigger.... 5 meters lol
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We asked for it, alright. People were getting utility out of a set, everyone knows that kind of behavior is just asking for it.
    Edited by Erraln on October 15, 2019 6:59PM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for some reason the current iteration of the combat team seems to love to waste resources on changing (and often destroying in the process) abilities no one asked for...

why? no one knows... they seem to desperately want people to stop playing their game for some reason...
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a lot of things I didn't ask for. This change can get in line behind all the others.
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭
    People asked for better resource management since the drain was huge.
    So they did the opposite.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone got bored and ran the power budget calculator on it.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a lot of things I didn't ask for. This change can get in line behind all the others.

Do you mean that line that circles the block so many times we need crowd control rails?
  • kithsana
    kithsana
    Soul Shriven
    Some beginner builds on the internet called for this set, so it had to go?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »

Do you mean that line that circles the block so many times we need crowd control rails?

That's the one.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zalathorm wrote: »
    People asked for better resource management since the drain was huge.
    So they did the opposite.

DING DING DING

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made it into replacement for Master Resto. I see that, but it negates the whole point and uniqueness of the set. Increase the range or made it follow the player it proc on and it can be okayish, but the 115 per tick is useless.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spawn of Mephala may very well now be the best sustain monster set for StamDKs, how about that
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are we even still playing this game, honestly?
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, Sentinel of Rkugamz drew the short straw in the "Random Set Change" lottery.

Sometimes I wonder if there is a "Wheel of Fortune" or slot machine in the ZOS office that they spin to implement changes. Sure feels like it.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Someone got bored and ran the power budget calculator on it.

Okay I admit I had a good laugh form that. It’s like they’re reading a map for balancing things and the map is upside down
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nobody asked for anything this patch except for dots to be "tuned down" which ZOS interpreted as nerfing and buffing by 100s of % in one PTS cycle.

It was a good monster set for stam comps, but now it's pretty much useless. Since sustain is so toilet on PTS though it may just be needed anyway.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat team has a quota of unrelated, unnecessary changes that they have to fill every update. This is part of that quota :D
  • Myconos
    Myconos
    ✭✭
    Let's compare Sentinel to the strength of other monster sets as the devs have supposedly tried to balance it against:

The heal of Sentinel is about 1/3 the strength per second of the healing of Nightflame with same radius and proc chance. Assuming the resource restore part should be 2/3 the strength of Symphony of Blades, then ~4.2 people on average would need to be in the 5m AOE for the entire duration. This assumes everyone needs both magicka and stamina equally, can stay in the AOE the entire time, and Sentinel procs on cooldown. I doubt any of those generous assumptions hold, and Sentinel still wanders to weird locations when it spawns instead of staying next to the healer or the tank all the time. Assuming instead no one besides the tank needs off-stat resource sustain, 8 people would need to sit in there the entire 8 seconds and have it proccing on cooldown with Sentinel spawning at a good location to have a set-value on par with other monster helms. How many fights are that static where 8 or more people can stack and burn in one spot? Sentinel will be weak in any non-trial setting and weak in any fight that isn't incredibly static. I don't think any group could maintain good enough up-time per person on Sentinel to justify it now.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, but 115 regen/sec for a monster set is waaaaaaaay too low.
    500 was not over performing, and adding mag won't either.

though, tbh, this being a direct upgrade to symphony outside of 4 mans does seem a little ehhhh
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another useful set gone down the crapper.
    With the sustain also having gone down the crapper, what we need is MORE options for sustain, not LESS. :#

Thanks @ZOS, this saves me farming time, since now I no longer need to try to farm SoR pieces in the right weights. /s
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a stamblade that got it's stun and major defile removed from incap, minor berserk, minor endurance, major fracture removed. All combined with a sweet ult cast delay from last patch at once.... How does it feel to be nerfed? I could care less anymore about others getting nerfed because nobody cared when the nightblade was getting murdered. But now everyone is up and arms lol pathetic.
    Edited by Kalante on October 15, 2019 11:02PM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kalante

So you're saying nerf 5.2.4 Sentinel
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry guys, everyone who used sentinel will instead use symphony because they both do the same thing but one does it better!
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JimmyJuJu wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Sentinel of Rkugamz drew the short straw in the "Random Set Change" lottery.

Sometimes I wonder if there is a "Wheel of Fortune" or slot machine in the ZOS office that they spin to implement changes. Sure feels like it.

Nah the play dart
    They have one board with all set and ability and one with all kind of nerf and some buff and they shoot 1 dart at each

Each employee must shoot at leat 1 time per patch cycle
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least they got to it this update, we almost had to go another few months with the Sentinel meta.
    Sadly, Undo will have to wait, but the Sentinel meta is over.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a firm believer changes are made so that new DLC sets, classes, skills, etc. become more desirable and furthermore more profitable.

Glad my money isn't going to this game anymore.
    Edited by brandonv516 on October 16, 2019 3:49AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for some reason the current iteration of the combat team seems to love to waste resources on changing (and often destroying in the process) abilities no one asked for...

why? no one knows... they seem to desperately want people to stop playing their game for some reason...

Maybe TES VI release is closer than we thought and Bethesda has instructed ZOS to kill ESO to build up a hunger for new TES content.
  • Centurionax
    Centurionax
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Did anyone ask for Daedric Prey to be nefed by 50%?

Did anyone ask for any of the changes in Dragonhold, really?

This patch is laughably bad. Anyone hoping for some improvements in 5.2.4 just got a swift kick in the nuts.

I thought it was 20% not 50?