The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

isnt it waaaaay past time for guild bank autostacking?

LizziAS
LizziAS
✭✭✭
I mean really! who wants to go into the guild bank and sort it every day. pain! tedious! not fun! burns up time on my exp scroll and food for this nonsense that should be done by the server automatically!
-Signature Removed-

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't do it with a character who has an XP buff running.

It'd be nice if the stack function applied to the guild bank. This was locked out early on to deal with a duping exploit, and never turned back on. But, here we are.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I agree, the way it is now was part of the solution to item duping bug. You'd have to have a system to manage simultaneous access by multiple people as well.

Edit: @starkerealm "jinx" lol.
    Edited by Siohwenoeht on October 15, 2019 3:51AM
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two words: Roomba.

... Oh, and Addon. Roomba addon. That's where I was going with this.
          In verity.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should have been in from day 1.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was in on Day 1. Was patched out around Day 15.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eiagra wrote: »

Roomba, Mr Worldwide

hqdefault.jpg
  • LizziAS
    LizziAS
    ✭✭✭
    TY ROOMBA IT IS THEN
    -Signature Removed-

• Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They started with the nerfs early, didn’t they?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They started with the nerfs early, didn’t they?

Yeah, ZOS has a bad habit of fixing exploits before you can get to them.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roomba is the love of my life.

Get it.

(Sorry consolers.)
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah but this functionality should be added to the game, we all need to benefit from it.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like many other proposed' guild quality of life improvements' its always put on the backburner.
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I agree, the way it is now was part of the solution to item duping bug. You'd have to have a system to manage simultaneous access by multiple people as well.

They can just put a timer between transactions, when it goes from one player to the next, therefore if it is the same person over and over they would not be affected by the timer or if x time passed the next person would not be affected it is not complicated. While a timer might be annoying, the ability to auto stack guild bank far outweighs this con.
    Edited by Malacthulhu on October 15, 2019 3:48PM
    Xbox One Na
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ooooh so that's why I can't auto-stack. Funny I always wondered why all these years considering I've been playing from day one but never knew. Also never bothered to research more into it.

Oh and "solution" is not the right word for it. Discarding a method to avoid an error is actually a "work-around". As an actual solution would allow for the auto-stack to continue working without the dupe occurring. Seeing that's what was done in order to "solve it" makes me wonder if ZO$'s devs are actually dedicated to polishing out the game or just to patch up the cracks with band-aids and bubblegum.

Every problem has a solution, work-arounds should be used as a way to avoid bugs while a true solution is being worked on. Devs must know this. Which just leaves Zo$ itself to blame, oh you big fat suits when will you ever stop.
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but this functionality should be added to the game, we all need to benefit from it.

The addon isn't actually a functionality afaik. It just pulls out the items then puts them back in for you so you don't have to.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree.gif

Players: People are duplicating items by glitching out auto-stacking in guild banks!
    ZOS: No problem, we'll just disable auto-stacking.
    headbang.gif

• SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love auto-stacking back. Although having to manually stack wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't "waiting for previous request" constantly.

Guild banks are just not good at the moment.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the waiting for previous request is horrible. Would like to see Guild Bank View also a rank toggle just as it is with take from guild bank.

Here's a thought, leave it to a Guild's Officers to decide how much they want show to what rank. Do just make a forced decision on all.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love auto-stacking back. Although having to manually stack wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't "waiting for previous request" constantly.

Guild banks are just not good at the moment.

Taking a wild guess here, but I would bet you'd be "waiting for previous request" a lot more if they added back auto stacking the way it should be done. I never actually saw the duplication bug, but with my working, if possibly somewhat outdated, knowledge of databases, one or more people would withdraw small stacks at the same time someone else was stacking them or depositing more (triggering the auto stack). So you'd not only have to wait for your own previous transaction to complete, but everyone else's.
    Edited by Number_51 on October 15, 2019 6:35PM
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice, wouldn't it! Even with Roomba, you are at the mercy of the server and internet. Oh well, at least we don't have to manually do it one by one. 👍
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    agree.gif

Players: People are duplicating items by glitching out auto-stacking in guild banks!
    ZOS: No problem, we'll just disable auto-stacking.
    headbang.gif

HDaEohz.jpg

:\