The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Instead of dot nerfs buff snakeblood

Dr_Ganknstein
Dr_Ganknstein
✭✭✭✭✭
Instead of nerfing dots why not buff the snakeblood passive in the alchemist skill line? It's been useless since release. What do you guys think?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of how anyone might feel about dots, snakeblood is long overdue for a buff. That much I think most people can agree on.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah like give snakeblood a buff against dots or something. Right now its useless. This will give players something else to accomplish and provide a resistance of some kind toward dots. I dunno, just thought of it while walking my dogs lol.

Also I'm pretty hammered.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on October 12, 2019 10:03PM
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    Instead of nerfing dots why not buff the snakeblood passive in the alchemist skill line? It's been useless since release. What do you guys think?

Well I didn't like this dot meta but if I got even more resistance to dots on my necromancer, together with her purges then I could laugh at zerglings even more while they try to kill me.
  • SHANKS_63
    SHANKS_63
    ✭✭
    Dang good idea.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I didn't like this dot meta but if I got even more resistance to dots on my necromancer, together with her purges then I could laugh at zerglings even more while they try to kill me.

I think it would be better to have to invest points into snakeblood then sit back and wait for zos to nerf everything that kills us. This would let the players choose to invest the points or not just like crit resist.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it reduced dot damage recieved by say 50% as well as reduce the negative effects in potions
    Edited by BattleAxe on October 13, 2019 12:42PM
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really think it's a good idea to tie combat performance to a crafting skill line. Medicinal Use is already bad enough, and adding another similar skill (especially to Alchemy) isn't something I would want.

Crafting skills should be optional, just like housing.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on October 13, 2019 2:39PM
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would prefer they removed all combat related passives from he crafting line, not add more. You shouldnt have to level a non crafter to 50 in alchemy to get the most out of it in combat. Its not a combat skill line, there shouldnt be combat related passives in it. Just have potions by default last the same time as the passive allows now.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I would prefer they removed all combat related passives from he crafting line, not add more. You shouldnt have to level a non crafter to 50 in alchemy to get the most out of it in combat. Its not a combat skill line, there shouldnt be combat related passives in it. Just have potions by default last the same time as the passive allows now.

It takes literally 5 minutes to level Alchemy.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really think it's a good idea to tie combat performance to a crafting skill line. Medicinal Use is already bad enough, and adding another similar skill (especially to Alchemy) isn't something I would want.

Everything is optional. You don't have to make your character better if you don't want to.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing i see wrong with it that zenimax will start selling crafting skill levels and then everything would become more pay to play then it already has become just my point of view but i will agree they should do something with snakeblood as its never used nor is there any good potential of it being because theres no good pots that you can make
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 13, 2019 9:05PM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wut about increasing duration on potions aka weapon power pots
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

That shouldn't be in a crafting skill line either. There are also similar skills in Provisioning, but food and drink last so long that they only really provide convenience, not combat performance.

In my opinion, all of these skills should either be:
    1) Removed
    2) Moved into other, combat-related, skill lines
    Or
    3) Modified so they affect the duration of crafted potions/food/drink, instead of consumed potions/food/drink. (This would require adding duration tiers to crafted consumables, in addition to the existing power tiers, and it would have the added benefit of making points spent in crafting trees actually improve crafted products.)
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That shouldn't be in a crafting skill line either. There are also similar skills in Provisioning, but food and drink last so long that they only really provide convenience, not combat performance.

In my opinion, all of these skills should either be:
    1) Removed
    2) Moved into other, combat-related, skill lines
    Or
    3) Modified so they affect the duration of crafted potions/food/drink, instead of consumed potions/food/drink. (This would require adding duration tiers to crafted consumables, in addition to the existing power tiers, and it would have the added benefit of making points spent in crafting trees actually improve crafted products.)

3 is the only option as removing these will cause an uproar for the player base that knows about them. There is no skill line you could really move them to class skill line would make one class superior more so than others. Racials aren’t an option to move to either as this will make these races inherently better than other options. Guilds doesn’t really fit without some retconning.

Only problem with 3 is then players won’t invest in alchemy as they can just give crafters the materials to make them the best even if it costs some gold
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great idea. An easy way to make DoTs less effective against other players without making them weak in PVE. And they could even sell the Alchemy skill line in the crown store ;)
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great idea. An easy way to make DoTs less effective against other players without making them weak in PVE. And they could even sell the Alchemy skill line in the crown store ;)

THEY ADD ONE CRAFT THEY WILL ADD ALL AND HAVE TO. Making this game nothing but pay to play no ty
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the outcome would remain the same...
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »

Not in pve....
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    First off, not pay to play for the umpteenth time.

The way I see it, they could very well have made potions default time 45+ seconds from the jump and that practically is already the case since, as Liquid Pony stated, it takes no time at all to level it up. Maybe they didn't foresee it being so easy or maybe they did. Doesn't matter either way.

Also thematically, resistance against dots doesnt even make sense outside of like Poison and Disease Damage. Even then, even direct damage of those two types should be lowered then as well. But Snakeblood does need a change forreal though.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »

The way I see it, they could very well have made potions default time 45+ seconds from the jump and that practically is already the case since, as Liquid Pony stated, it takes no time at all to level it up. Maybe they didn't foresee it being so easy or maybe they did. Doesn't matter either way.

Also thematically, resistance against dots doesnt even make sense outside of like Poison and Disease Damage. Even then, even direct damage of those two types should be lowered then as well. But Snakeblood does need a change forreal though.

Dude anytime you pay money to advance something others had to work for its pay to play easy as that and yes for eso theres already an lot skill lines , skyshards, xp Scrolls , crafting timer reduction, eso+, character slots (due to extra bag space) some are more mild than others but all fall under this standard.
    One of them eso+ was around in beginning and you didn't get bag space at start it too was added because LOTS stop getting it regularly because it stoped being useful
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 14, 2019 11:23AM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

THEY ADD ONE CRAFT THEY WILL ADD ALL AND HAVE TO. Making this game nothing but pay to play no ty

The game is Pay to Play as far as I remember. In fact it was a subscription based game when it was good (5 years ago).

maybe you wanted to say "Pay to win"?
    Edited by Xvorg on October 14, 2019 1:11PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »

Dude anytime you pay money to advance something others had to work for its pay to play easy as that and yes for eso theres already an lot skill lines , skyshards, xp Scrolls , crafting timer reduction, eso+, character slots (due to extra bag space) some are more mild than others but all fall under this standard.
    One of them eso+ was around in beginning and you didn't get bag space at start it too was added because LOTS stop getting it regularly because it stoped being useful

Ok. No.

It would have been a problem when you had to grind all your way through VR (in time it was around 6 month playing constantly just to get to VR14), but the game has become less grindy since then. You can get a max character in less than a month and a full developed character in 3 months.

Paying for skill lines doesn't mean you get good overnight, and in most cases and considering the (awful) dynamism on how this game changes each path, maybe you could buy lines you will not use anymore.

In fact, the only line I'd consider to buy on a recently created char is Undaunted. The rest is easily leveled

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Upon drinking potion gain a 20% resistance to dots for 15 secs cool down is when potion can be used again
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Upon drinking potion gain a 20% resistance to dots for 15 secs cool down is when potion can be used again

Sounds good and encourages speed pots glyphs
    Edited by Xvorg on October 14, 2019 1:19PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

not if you dont have a ton of mats to throw at it
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People say "no you cant do it because blablabla" then talk about how to fix it.

In skyrim, alchemy was an combat skill. You could only level alchemy and kill stuff. ESO is MMO. Craftimg skills should be for crafting only.

Solutions:
    1) make it baseline, an already unlocked passive
    2) make it level 1 or 5 passive for alchemy. You brew a pot and done. You got it.
    Only problem with 3 is then players won’t invest in alchemy as they can just give crafters the materials to make them the best even if it costs some gold
    Do you max your crafting on every chracter to use crafted armor?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The wink was because Alchemy can be leveled 1-50 in minutes. Buying it in the Crown Store would be as wasteful as buying a Vampirism Cure or Crown Soul Gems.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

not if you dont have a ton of mats to throw at it

Then go get the mats. That, also, takes literally 5 minutes.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People say "no you cant do it because blablabla" then talk about how to fix it.

In skyrim, alchemy was an combat skill. You could only level alchemy and kill stuff. ESO is MMO. Craftimg skills should be for crafting only.

Solutions:
    1) make it baseline, an already unlocked passive
    2) make it level 1 or 5 passive for alchemy. You brew a pot and done. You got it.
    Do you max your crafting on every chracter to use crafted armor?

If that was tied to some buff in the crafting skill lines than yes it’s called min maxing reality is leveling crafting is really easy only difficultly with crafting is research as this is time based.

Also very few of my 18 characters use crafted gear
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »

Not in pve....

Sorry, tend to forget that theres a tamriel outside of cyrodiil.