The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

at least we only need 2 necros now!

Grandma
Grandma
✭✭✭✭✭
ghosted the forums and game for a while once i saw the first wave of patch notes figuring i'd save myself a headache and drop ESO for a while. it was fun but i'm looking to coming back soon and hey; look at that, you only need about 2 necromancer DPS to have good uptime on major vuln thanks to the [finally] nerf! I'm quite surprised they didn't wait until next years chapter to nerf it, but at least you won't see that stupid 8 necro bs anymore.
GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, people don't "need" 8 necros but from what I heard stamcro still pull the most dps so they will still "want" 8 necros.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, people don't "need" 8 necros but from what I heard stamcro still pull the most dps so they will still "want" 8 necros.

if you want max major vuln you do. now there's less reason to run em.

and sure you could still "want" 8 necros, but when you consider unique class buffs and such you have a lot more wiggle room- needing a nb dps, magdk with zens, sorc, etc. to the point that, i hope anyway, class diversity is a thing again. Even when NB was best dps back a year or two ago, whenever that was, you still wanted other class for their tools. I'm hoping next patch will be similar.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »

if you want max major vuln you do. now there's less reason to run em.

and sure you could still "want" 8 necros, but when you consider unique class buffs and such you have a lot more wiggle room- needing a nb dps, magdk with zens, sorc, etc. to the point that, i hope anyway, class diversity is a thing again. Even when NB was best dps back a year or two ago, whenever that was, you still wanted other class for their tools. I'm hoping next patch will be similar.

You're going to need 3-4 for max Major Vulnerability uptime on long boss fights.

And you'll want more than that if you want to rotate Major Vuln for trash pulls (like in vSS).

And stamnecros still hit harder than anything else even if they're using Ballista or Dawnbreaker and don't have Major Vuln.

Don't need a magDK for Z'en and don't need a Nightblade DPS when support can handle that.

For stam comps it's probably ... 1 Warden healer, 1 Templar healer, 1 NB tank, 1 DK tank, 1 stamDK (if Stagger is strong enough to make up for their terrible DPS), 4 stamnecros, 3 stamsorcs. Or something like that.

Stamdens will be really nice for content where they have to be on their own (portals in vCR or vSS), because they bring Minor Berserk, Minor Vuln, and Off-Balance in their class kit ... but ... their DPS doesn't look great so it may not be worth it.

Would love nothing more than more varied group comp but most builds just don't have great DPS right now it seems.
    Edited by LiquidPony on October 12, 2019 5:29AM