Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PvP] StamDK and MagDK PTS testers: What's your build plan if PTS goes live as is?

Davadin
Davadin
✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious. Now that "DoT is nerfed but DK not nerfed so bad so its actually a buff", 20% Deadly Strike set, and "Dizzing Swing R.I.P.", the whole sky is falling expectation here in the forum.... what's your plan next?

PS: 5th option (I don't know what to say) means I don't know to put DoT or DD in the Light Armor poll option. It doesn't mean YOU (the voter) don't know what to do. Anyway. Sorry, eh?
Edited by Davadin on October 11, 2019 4:51PM
August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber

[PvP] StamDK and MagDK PTS testers: What's your build plan if PTS goes live as is? 43 votes

DoT build. Medium armor.
6%
Pr0SkygonBrentBlemishGrandesdar 3 votes
DoT build. Heavy armor.
2%
vesselwiththepestle 1 vote
Direct Damage burst. Medium armor.
9%
Fur_like_snowEl_Pelucajuhislihis19LoneStar2911 4 votes
Direct Damage burst. Heavy armor.
23%
DavadinxAlucardx92J18696Ragnarock41MartiniDanielsZacuelXologamerdarkblue5xBananaFishFlowOne 10 votes
(I don't know what to say). Light armor.
30%
RecktrithiusOediphitryCalboySomewhereVildebillLokey0024SuryoyoNelothhelios777WildRaptorXjcm2606Iskiabburty61SipofMaim 13 votes
Something else.
27%
Akinossfpiesb14_ESOJodynnXvorgArcVelarianGeorgeBlackAlucuOlupajmibananSilverPawsmacsmoothOzbyMizoreReyes 12 votes
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else.
    I assume you are meaning PvP because otherwise this wouldn't make sense

Light armor, Bright-Throat x Crafty Alfiq probably, Will be a build that uses DoT and DD as always... not much has changed everything just hurts a lot less.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Light armor, Bright-Throat x Crafty Alfiq probably, Will be a build that uses DoT and DD as always... not much has changed everything just hurts a lot less.

yes. it's on the title. says [PvP] at the beginning of it.

thank you for voting!
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

btw... there's a Light Armor option there. why u pick "Something else"? lol

Curious though, why u said it wouldn't make sense if it's PvE?

Are the BiS for PvE doesn't change? Med build with Relequen, full-on DoT?
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else.
    Davadin wrote: »

Because I know what to say :smile: , the option applies I don't know what to say

And because if you are mag you use light armor and if you are stam you use medium armor, dps doesn't use heavy armor in PvE, also the reliance of DoTs on PTS is completely underwhelming with the amount of weak damage they are using, so it's a cross between DoT and DD with a favor of DD over time ( aka mag sorc )
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

Because I know what to say :smile: , the option applies I don't know what to say

lol my bad... i was implying *I* don't know what to put in that option because i don't use Light Armor.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift/BTB/Skoria infused SD Double bloody Mara or Witches Brew Destroy/Resto

I will die alot. Alot
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor is for the weak.

• Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Full damage on two 5 pieces with blood spawn as before.
    EU PC
  • Suryoyo
    Suryoyo
    ✭✭✭
    Shackle + Acuity + BS 5H / 1l / 1m, dunmer.
    Will occasionally switch to light armor, switch acuity with bsw, switch BS with domi + kena or domi + chudan...
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will probably stick with shackle, amber, 1 piece pirate and 1 piece chuddan. If they do nothing else with combustion I'll swap my Tri food for clockwork... I think... We just need to play it I guess...
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else.
    PVE
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • sfpiesb14_ESO
    sfpiesb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Something else.
    I’ll probably stick with what I’m doing now at first. Bsw/sun or shackle. If I feel I’m not as successful I’ll try different things until I’m happy.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I don't know where my pvp dk is going anymore than where my actual life is going.

The struggle is real.
    Edited by Zacuel on October 12, 2019 1:45AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MagDK - shalks, jorvlund and bloodspawn in either 1H-6L or 1H-1M-5 light. Resto or an Ice Staff and DW BRP DW on my back bar. MagDK healer.

I’m also considering some funky setups with willpower and 7L. I’ll need to play test some stuff to figure it out:

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=178745

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=178641
    Edited by Iskiab on October 12, 2019 10:52AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something else.
    Dot build with Valkyn Skoria to have some built-in burst. Light armor, might seem strange but that's because inexperienced players do not know how good Buffer of the Swift is.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I will play but just in case I have a few builds in mind:

I think the most optimal way to play would be heavy armor dps sets(fury-truth?probably bis for all stamina?) with a combination of dizzying swing and stonefist.

Instead of spending the off-balance for sustain and stun, keeping it for damage increase and getting your stun from, well... Poop fist.

At least thats what seems like the best in slot in my opinion. I don't think stonefist is weak as a spammable however its definitely one that I dislike a lot.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I will play but just in case I have a few builds in mind:

I think the most optimal way to play would be heavy armor dps sets(fury-truth?probably bis for all stamina?) with a combination of dizzying swing and stonefist.

Instead of spending the off-balance for sustain and stun, keeping it for damage increase and getting your stun from, well... Poop fist.

At least thats what seems like the best in slot in my opinion. I don't think stonefist is weak as a spammable however its definitely one that I dislike a lot.

I'm liking my 7th still since i always put on Volatile armor so it's more consistent than Fury.

but maybe I'll farm Truth too though.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something else.
    I'm planning to close shut the marble jaws of Oblivion.

Efficient levelling is even less tedious than trying DK right now.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else.
    SipofMaim wrote: »
    Heavy armor is for the weak.

Yeah for stamina builds it is. For magicka it's called playing hard mode, imo.

I voted something else, because I frequently swap between heavy and light on all my magicka characters.
    Edited by Akinos on October 13, 2019 5:31PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something else.
    Im planning to stack on "logged X days ago" and see how high I can get that number with the ZOS buff
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m running DAMAGE as usual!
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Direct Damage burst. Medium armor.
    I think I put on the new New Moon Acolyte and pair it with Bone Pirate/Essence Thief or Shackle or even Pariah.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I put on the new New Moon Acolyte and pair it with Bone Pirate/Essence Thief or Shackle or even Pariah.

NMA overall seems to be a very good set for medium armor builds.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh i might actually try out new moon as well. probably doin heavy tied with my 7th legion.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seducer, spinners, bloodspawn

Same as now :)
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still not sure this new moon is worth it... Sustain is already gonna be a bit of nightmare 😫 I'll definitely theory build once it is on build editor... I'm not sure it will tempt me away from amber plasm, and shacklebreaker. As I can build so much damage around these sets and not worry about sustain(pre dragonhold).