The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are guilds and friends account wide? Sometimes i need alone time.

Recent
Recent
✭✭✭✭✭
I joke about being anti-social sometimes but I'm usually one of the chattiest people in a guild both on discord and guild chat. My issue is I need alone time too sometimes and I can't get it on eso.

Ideally I would like to have my pvp character in a pvp guild, another in a fishing guild and one in a trade guild and maybe one in a role playing guild and then have characters that I solo quietly on. So on my bad days when i struggle with depression and fatigue i dont have to explain to everyone that whispers me why im quiet. Then on my upbeat days i can join the world again. Having all my characters in one guild frustrates me. Sometimes i like a few guildies and then one will add me as a friend and i dont want to be rude and say no so i add them but they kinda stalk me...they are just being friendly or maybe they are very lonely idk but i find myself having to tell people i cant talk and the more people i meet the harder it gets.

I know many of you dont have these issues, perhaps you are more mentally stable but im not a nasty or mean person quite the opposite yet i struggle to have the mental space or emotional space i need in this game. Sometimes i just want to play eso all alone no questions asked...not wanting to have to give 50 ppl reasons why im so quiet.

If there was a way there your friends list and even guild roster could say you were offline even but i dont think that would he doable idk. It's like society is forced to be available to everyone every second of every day. I dont like it so i need to be a loner? Why does it have to be all or nothing?
Edited by Recent on October 10, 2019 8:45AM
  • Nightingale707
    Nightingale707
    ✭✭✭
    If you go to your friendlist/guild window in the upper left corner you find a small green icon next to your name... if you click there you can set yourself: green - online, yellow - idle, red - away, grey - offline
    When you are set to grey - offline you do not show up on any lists and you cannot recieve whispers.

If you also do not want to recieve any guild/zone chat you can make chattabs for that and select what you want to be displayed there.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go to your friendlist/guild window in the upper left corner you find a small green icon next to your name... if you click there you can set yourself: green - online, yellow - idle, red - away, grey - offline
    When you are set to grey - offline you do not show up on any lists and you cannot recieve whispers.

If you also do not want to recieve any guild/zone chat you can make chattabs for that and select what you want to be displayed there.

Oh i will try it out thank you.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also choose whether you want your gamertag or character name to show up for other players to see. If you choose your character name, only those familiar with that character name will recognize you. So if your fishing guild members know you as "john-fishing," for example, and you sign in with your housing guild character "john- housing," the members of your fishing guild wouldn't recognize you unless you had told them who your housing guild character was. I hope this makes sense.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the best way and how I have often played when I am burned out from people and just need a little time to relax and zone out on my own playing.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

This is the best way and how I have often played when I am burned out from people and just need a little time to relax and zone out on my own playing.

Don't feel bad, I am in the same boat as you. I have my own issues to deal with in real life, and hate to be rude to fellow guildies and other players, but sometimes need to just chill and play in offline mode. I know a lot of players do it, and no one thinks any less of anyone for it. It's nice to have a world to escape from reality, and Tamriel offers that luxury- for a little while at least. Indulge yourself.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also choose whether you want your gamertag or character name to show up for other players to see. If you choose your character name, only those familiar with that character name will recognize you. So if your fishing guild members know you as "john-fishing," for example, and you sign in with your housing guild character "john- housing," the members of your fishing guild wouldn't recognize you unless you had told them who your housing guild character was. I hope this makes sense.

Oh i had no idea about this. Thank you so much @LadySinflower . This will change my play experience for the better.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beadabow wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

Don't feel bad, I am in the same boat as you. I have my own issues to deal with in real life, and hate to be rude to fellow guildies and other players, but sometimes need to just chill and play in offline mode. I know a lot of players do it, and no one thinks any less of anyone for it. It's nice to have a world to escape from reality, and Tamriel offers that luxury- for a little while at least. Indulge yourself.

Thank you for your support. I was starting to worry about my mental health as i found myself craving a bit of my own space but didnt want to lose my friends.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your reply much appreciated and very helpful
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you are set to Offline, you cannot receive whispers? I thought that just made it so you appeared to be offline to others.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Identifying you by account name SHOULD be account-wide.
    SWTOR does NOT have this and it's a lot harder to block all the RMT bots and toxic people.

As others have said the fake-Offline option does exist. Just remember to turn it off before your guild purges inactives.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 14, 2019 1:19AM