The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Boneyard visuals Yae/Nae?

trenchfeeder_ESO
trenchfeeder_ESO
✭✭✭
So I started my necro, was super excited to get the boneyard skill because it allowed me to use the same hotkeys and tactics as my templar, since the spells are similar in execution.

Unfortunately I was a bit disappointed when I used it the first time and the headstones popped out of the ground. This is 100% a nitpick, don't get me wrong, but I think they look silly/out of place and I feel like there's much better. That they could be replaced with. Nice blue fire, or like skeleton arms coming out of the ground or just anything really.

Am I the only one who feels this way

Boneyard visuals Yae/Nae? 33 votes

No, they look like cheap Walmart holloween decorations.
39% 13 votes
Don't care.
12% 4 votes
No, they look awesome.
12% 4 votes
Still don't really care but agree they could be changed.
27% 9 votes
Stop right there criminal scum. Necromancy is illegal and I'm ginna go tell on you.
9% 3 votes
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    What bugs me more - that it's bugged as almost all of necro animations. If I do boneyard and quickly swap bars - headstones doesn't really appear and it's just teal smoke. I don't really care thematically, but I agree that it could be changed.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO just delete the tombstones. The effect that only your teammates see (cyan ring with teal smoke) looks nicer.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those tombstones are so... whats the english word... kitschy?
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtWizGk.jpg

I do like the animation, especially the casting animation with your hands.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Noisivid
    Noisivid
    ✭✭✭✭
    the tombstones look too cartoony,
    Vogon Poet Laureate
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omg I hate that animation. I'm absolutely amazed that ZOS pushed that garbage to live.
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Its a good skill, but I don't remember my necromancer learning how to make tombstones....

Maybe that's the reason why there aren't more undead tempo summons, the playable necromancer is secretly a stone mason.
    Despair for the Living...
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The tombstones look cartoony, and like nothing an NPC necromancer would use. Emphasizing the frosty element of the skill, or the "bone" element would look better - add ice crystals to it, or bone limbs sticking out of the ground, or lumps of ice and bone all together. Instead of the tombstones. Frozen blood would also be very thematic, and make sense with the power fantasy

Warden visuals use TES elements like cliff racers and shalks - tombstones feel more generic, and don't look like they deal damage

The animation and ground effect are cool, though.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yae, nae?

What has this world come to...?
    Edited by Zacuel on October 11, 2019 5:19AM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tombstones look cartoony, and like nothing an NPC necromancer would use. Emphasizing the frosty element of the skill, or the "bone" element would look better - add ice crystals to it, or bone limbs sticking out of the ground, or lumps of ice and bone all together. Instead of the tombstones. Frozen blood would also be very thematic, and make sense with the power fantasy

Warden visuals use TES elements like cliff racers and shalks - tombstones feel more generic, and don't look like they deal damage

I can understand that, I look at them more as summoning a Spectral Graveyard of souls that you have siphoned. I agree they could emphasise the frost aspect of it more tho. But also when it consumes a corpse the effect is great too.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

I can understand that, I look at them more as summoning a Spectral Graveyard of souls that you have siphoned. I agree they could emphasise the frost aspect of it more tho. But also when it consumes a corpse the effect is great too.

eh i think they should emphasise the necromancer aspect of it more. but have the frosty wind remain
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX