The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Un-nerf all dots, and buff purge

iCaliban
iCaliban
✭✭✭✭✭
Instead of gutting dots across the board and increasing costs, which absolutely nobody wants. How about you gives us actual counterplay to dots and make purge more worthwhile?

Suggestion: cost of efficient purge cut in half, and increase the number of effects purged slightly.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On top of this how about make purge a smart skill and prioritize dots
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what can DK use to purge?

i mean, we're talking about PvP, right?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

Add purge to cauterize or dragonsblood. There is the alliance support skill purge is primarily wut OP is referring to. Now for pve add utility to burst skills to try to make them as appealing as dots
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

... purge?
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alliance war skill, and yes, use magicka. Hence the "cut the cost of purge in half" part, so stamina can spec enough utility to use it if they choose.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »

Alliance war skill, and yes, use magicka. Hence the "cut the cost of purge in half" part, so stamina can spec enough utility to use it if they choose.

ah ok.

but in that case, make one of the purge morph purge ONLY to the caster, but it cost less and remove more DoT.

i mean, give it the Vigor treatment.
    BattleAxe wrote: »

Add purge to cauterize or dragonsblood. There is the alliance support skill purge is primarily wut OP is referring to. Now for pve add utility to burst skills to try to make them as appealing as dots

i like this.

maybe have a passive that DK remove 1 DoT every time they cast an earthen skill? :lol:
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

... purge?

Though I don't mind the damage of DOT's on live. I'm not sure this is the best idea., Though I don't think it would do any harm either.

I think perhaps the best suggestion logistically is to look at the damage dots did in elsweyr and aim for that👍
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

... purge?

funny just last night EP zerg was yelling "gawd, NONE of u sorc slots purge??!?!?!" so I thought it's a Sorc thing.

i mean, what stamina class slot the Purge skill?
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

... purge?

funny just last night EP zerg was yelling "gawd, NONE of u sorc slots purge??!?!?!" so I thought it's a Sorc thing.

Nobody slots purge right now except dedicated healers. The skill does far too little for how expensive it is.
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, dots are something what's giving some pressure, but building all of your dmg on it a bit... well dots doesnt need aim, cant be blocked or dodged, and needs to re-activate them in every 10 seconds maybe? I dont understand, why people want to make them superior to spamables, and any direct damage abilities, wich requies skill and resource just for one hit, what can be dodged or blocked, and keeps you busy, unlike dots in the most of times. I know, they can be purged or supressed but both way consumes more resources than tryin' to keeping up these dots.... Bahhhhh
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lower base cost of purge one morph effects user only removing more effects other morph even lower costs and large radius purge no player cap
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody? Girl, where have you been?
    The bulk of the player base has been saying that dots need a nerf. Especially in pvp.
    Only people that don't want the nerf are leaderboard chasers that want to be able to perma-sustain with las and deal 30 billion damage.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Szende wrote: »
    In my opinion, dots are something what's giving some pressure, but building all of your dmg on it a bit... well dots doesnt need aim, cant be blocked or dodged, and needs to re-activate them in every 10 seconds maybe? I dont understand, why people want to make them superior to spamables, and any direct damage abilities, wich requies skill and resource just for one hit, what can be dodged or blocked, and keeps you busy, unlike dots in the most of times. I know, they can be purged or supressed but both way consumes more resources than tryin' to keeping up these dots.... Bahhhhh

this. i love you, man.

and im a DoT class lol.

... purge?

Nobody slots purge right now except dedicated healers. The skill does far too little for how expensive it is.

exactly. so when nobody slot purge, its ok to nerf DoT.... its just nearly as effective.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use purge on magsorc and magblade, its very useful for soloing.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another suggestion would be to add an effect of reducing the potency or duration of all the negative effects not purged from yourself.
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Buff purge? Why then do we need templars or own purge necro.
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want the base cost of efficient purge to be 2700 magicka, which is cheaper than some dots, and then you want to increase the amount of effects it purges? Meaning at minimum, you'd want it to purge 4 effects. Honestly don't see how you can justify an ability that would cost 1 gcd and 2700 magicka being able to remove 4 gcds worth of abilities that would cost anywhere from 10k-12k magicka to apply.

Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, lets make magplars more broken than they are.
    Which planet do u live on mate?
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

One in which you need to learn to read. Purge is not a templar specific skill. I am speaking of the generic alliance war skill.

The bulk of the player base has been saying that dots need a nerf. Especially in pvp.
    Only people that don't want the nerf are leaderboard chasers that want to be able to perma-sustain with las and deal 30 billion damage.

Context error there, I meant no one asked for the costs of skills to go up. Dot nerf is valid since there is no counterplay. However, counterplay should be given rather than skills gutted.
    Edited by iCaliban on October 10, 2019 6:32PM
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A single target self purge for stamina would be nice in the current and soon ending dot meta. I’m not convinced that the existing purge needs any improvements as it’s crazilly strong in a group.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

One in which you need to learn to read. Purge is not a templar specific skill. I am speaking of the generic alliance war skill.

Context error there, I meant no one asked for the costs of skills to go up. Dot nerf is valid since there is no counterplay. However, counterplay should be given rather than skills gutted.

Counterplay is purge and heals but hey let’s nerf dots and go into a meta where you slot 2 offensive skills and 3 skills just for passive buffs basically a spammable and an execute.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

... purge?

I definitely would not say it does far too little. There are groups where almost half the members slot purge.

I also don’t think the cost should be reduced too much for how much it does. Purge is what makes sure groups aren’t too heavy stamina... well, I should say groups that are heavy stamina get eaten alive.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    My defense against dot, is cloak. People want to nerf it.... :D
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do I remember correctly or did Wardens' Netch get a purge gimmick?
  • holden_caulfield
    holden_caulfield
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of gutting dots across the board and increasing costs, which absolutely nobody wants. How about you gives us actual counterplay to dots and make purge more worthwhile?

Suggestion: cost of efficient purge cut in half, and increase the number of effects purged slightly.

This I like.
    Being an healer I like the idea to keep my teammates safe without going OOM in 12 seconda

+1
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Szende wrote: »
    My defense against dot, is cloak. People want to nerf it.... :D

This is one of the most ridiculous nerf requests I've ever come across😂

A knight blade without cloak... What would be the point? It's in every mmo an assassin who can turn invisible... But because people get killed by it surely we must out a stop to it!

Perhaps they thought they downloading a cuddling simulator when they downloaded the game 😂
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah just nerf dots
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Dot meta was bad. It was a failed experiment. Let it go. Let it slide into oblivion.
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    If dots do not do more damage than the spamable I do not get the point of a rotation because as some posts say with examples we will do more damage using the spamable, well there are some people that applies dots and do a lot of damage but everyone has at least one dot now that scales well with their stats but magicka characters are the ones that have more dots, the only thing I have to do now is be more aware that i keep taking damage over time and heal, in battlegrounds I usually win the fight anyway with people that uses dots (sometimes i have lost repitedly) and sometimes i lose with the characters that use dots.
    Dots were nerfed too much they should not listen to the people that makes angry rants because they lost a match and we all know its because they lost a match and they are not the majority, since I play eso I do not like that of the game, that it changes so much over the voice of a few that come to the forum to do angry rants and they call it feedback.
  • Nerhesi
    Nerhesi
    ✭✭✭✭
    No - you may as well give everyone an expensive buff that reduces non-dot damage by 50% for 5 seconds then.

You can't have DoTs being sub-par choices in the game. We have to accept the fact that there needs to be other options that are as good as just spammable DD.

Not "Give me dots but give access to something that totally clears them and make it affordable..." Sigh. You may as well not have dots