The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Don't be fooled but the 20% DoT buffs, its still over a 50% nerf from Live

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
i decided to calculate it for my twin slashes, they did around 23k damage over 10 secs, nerf that by 63% it drops to 8500, buff that by 33% (correction twin slashes get more than 20%) is around 11k.

So as you can see its more than 50% nerf from live. Poor people got so excited when they saw a 20% buff but its a trick dont be fooled
Edited by Bigevilpeter on October 8, 2019 12:50PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [removed baiting comment] they are adjusting DoTs from 1.25 spammable standards (first PTS week) to 1.5 (now). And since current live DoTs are somewhere between 2.5-2.7 its obviously nerf.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on October 10, 2019 12:44PM
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    [removed baiting comment] they are adjusting DoTs from 1.25 spammable standards (first PTS week) to 1.5 (now). And since current live DoTs are somewhere between 2.5-2.7 its obviously nerf.

Everyone knows its a nerf but how much of a nerf is it? according to ZOS it should be a 33% nerf from live which is still huge, however it turned out to be a 56% nerf which is almost as dumb as 63%
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on October 10, 2019 12:44PM
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcR643FTiElnvr0vWGSfcIv-R3b9nAEWd0CymUH5_6u2GoSlyc2H
    PC|EU
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i decided to calculate it for my twin slashes, they did around 23k damage over 10 secs, nerf that by 63% it drops to 8500, buff that by 20% is around 10k.

So as you can see its more than 50% nerf from live. Poor people got so excited when they saw a 20% buff but its a trick dont be fooled

ZOS percentages are always funky. You'll need to look at actual tooltips on PTS to calculate what the change actually is.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [removed quote]

No worries 8500 plus 33% is 11k so still more than 50% nerf
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on October 10, 2019 12:45PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [removed quote]

Its actually ~40% nerf which you can figure out easily by comparing 2.5 spammable standard to new 1.5 spammable standard.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [removed quote]

Its actually ~40% nerf which you can figure out easily by comparing 2.5 spammable standard to new 1.5 spammable standard. [/quote]

Thats what they said, but that not the actual numbers
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [removed quote]

No worries 8500 plus 33% is 11k so still more than 50% nerf[/quote]

Is that 11k via Patch Notes Analysis or actual in-game testing on PTS?
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on October 10, 2019 12:46PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [removed quote]

No just using the percentages they stated, just basic math, should be off by a very small margin unless they gave completely wrong percentages
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [removed quote]

DoT damage portion of Twin Slashes is being reduced by around 51%, Direct damage portion of Twin Slashes is being unaffected. Total damage of ability is being reduced by 40%.

Those are the facts unfortunately. Direct part of DoTs is part of ability budget. There is no way going around it and pretend like it isnt for sake of making tinfoil hat revelations. If you dont like the DoT part being nerfed this much, I guess you can make another nonsense request thread and ask them to nerf the DoT little less and take the damage out of the direct portion. You would be the only one wanting it, but well, you do you ;)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [removed quote]

Just looking for clarification. Out of the sources of data, patch notes are the least reliable. Not saying they are wrong, but they are the least reliable. What happens in actual in-game combat, including when there are bugged skills, is what we actually get, and that is most reliable.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on October 10, 2019 12:47PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    [removed quote]
    33% would be perfect, not less!
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

They could have make it so easier by saying the actual standard instead of this 20% buff relative to the other X% nerf they did on 5.2.0.

"Hey, the new standard is now 1.5 spammable, we are buffing the skills to match this standard."

It seems like they think its cool to speak in riddles lol.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee thanks OP I didn't know
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [removed quote]

Its not riddle lol, its math. Obviously they could, but so could anyone pay attention in 4th grade or something :D
    Obviously they could have said it better, but they literally said that already so its a bit of stretch to think they are fooling anyone or speaking in riddles:
    we have increased the standards of our Damage over Time abilities by 20% compared to the original pass in PTS v5.2.0

Old - 1.25x spammable
    New: 20% more than that.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on October 10, 2019 12:49PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, stamDK dots will probably be ok empowered by stamfist stacks and buffed deadly strikes.. other specs, only for utility.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI the copies were from a slightly older version of your toon than what they were when PTS came online. Are you absolutely sure that some stats, CP, setup isn’t a bit different?
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    FYI the copies were from a slightly older version of your toon than what they were when PTS came online. Are you absolutely sure that some stats, CP, setup isn’t a bit different?

if anything difference would be even bigger nerf since its multiplicative
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dots should be nerfed 20-35% from live but cerainly not >50...
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dots should be nerfed 20-35% from live but cerainly not >50...

What he said ^^
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tested the same setup on the latest PTS as a previous test from the live server to find out what happened to DOTs. Below are the total damage dealt per cast of the DOT portion of each skill I used. This doesn't include the direct damage part, and it was tested on the Atro dummy.

Stam DK, Bosmer, Relequen, Deadly Strikes, VMA dual wield front bar, Master dual wield back bar daggers

Yes I know that's a weird combination, but I've been trying to milk the combustion passive by adding poison glyph procs from a dagger on the back bar.

Live DOT damage per cast / PTS DOT damage per cast / % change

Standard of Might
    208.4k / 248k / +19% change

Deadly Cloak
    45.7k / 47.8k / +4.6% change

Noxious Breath
    34.1k / 31.3k / -8.2% change

Barbed Trap
    123.2k / 67.8k / -45% change

Consuming Trap
    80.9k / 51.5k / -36% change

Venemous Claw
    81.2k / 51.9k / -36% change

Rending Slashes
    94.8k / 63.8k / -33% change

Rending Slashes DOT might be skewed in this test since it's also buffed by master daggers, but I'm really not seeing anything like a 50% drop in anything besides barbed trap. Deadly Strikes was buffed, DK passive was buffed, so some of it was offset.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on October 8, 2019 3:13PM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same with poison inject. It tooltipped for around 50% less then live. I wish they never buffed them to begin with. I hate how they say dots shouldn't be your primary damage... why not? Why cant I spec for doing dot damage? They literally have a set that increases dot damage.
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Magar DPS parse on live was 75k in trial setup (i.e. no parsing cheese) , 1st week if dragonhold pts it was 60k, now it's 65k. So I still lost 10K dps as compared to live.
    Interestingly enough I get consistent 65k with all dots, 6 dots+spmable, 5dot +spammable, 4dots +spammable. Swapping dots around also doesn't change the outcome much.
    Only I get worse sustain more dots I add to the rotation.
    Edited by SeaUnicorn on October 8, 2019 3:12PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not seeing any issues?
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Live: 18.8k rending slashes, PTS: 10.7k
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus christ just log on the freaking PTS, equip the same build as on live and check for tooltip values. Caluclating based on percetages in patch notes has never been valid as the math is off big time with this company.

Unless you show evidence from PTS and live clients your points are nothing but meaningless
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But remember they buffed them in Elsweyr or scalebreaker so they’re probably the same as they were during wrathstone
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    I'm not seeing any issues?

Well loss of dps by about 13% is an issue. Especially that majority of the loss is related to AOE damage. Makes AOE heavy fight harder.
    And AOE heavy fights are harder to sustain now.
    Edited by SeaUnicorn on October 8, 2019 3:58PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well of course it’s still a nerf, but weren’t DoTs over-buffed this last patch, at least on some skills? It sounds like more of a balance has been found through testing and feedback on the PTS. There are probably still things that could be better and almost certainly much disagreement in on what those things are, etc., but that is the nature of things.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Well of course it’s still a nerf, but weren’t DoTs over-buffed this last patch, at least on some skills? It sounds like more of a balance has been found through testing and feedback on the PTS. There are probably still things that could be better and almost certainly much disagreement in on what those things are, etc., but that is the nature of things.

They definitely needed a nerf and I believe at least the majority of people are on board with -33% as declared 5.2.2

I think most are unhappy with the reality of it.
    I feel -40-50% is too much and it seems i'm not alone.

I wasn't upset with the damage of DOT's on live. From a PVP perspective I didn't like that they could be stacked on me from multiple sources. One on one they were fine.

I also didn't like that you felt you had to run them to be competitive.