The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to Balance Uppercut

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    sly007 wrote: »
    How many non-ult CCs do massive amount of damage on PTS?

I could have sworn the number was zero. Better kept that way.

How many non ult CCs have a cast time and require your radical to stay on the target and can be blocked, dodged, and walked away from?
    I could have sworn the number was one. Better kept that way. Too many learn to play problems being masked as OP.

I agree, starting with those complaining about a single skill change.

Take away cloak from nightblades and see how that argument still stands.

You know thats nowhere close to an weapon skill its one of the main aspects of an NIGHTBLADE so yes rightfully *** would hit the fan fast if they remove cloak from nightblade so move on bro because bs like this just really makes you look bad here
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How many non ult CCs have a cast time and require your radical to stay on the target and can be blocked, dodged, and walked away from?
    I could have sworn the number was one. Better kept that way. Too many learn to play problems being masked as OP.

You know thats nowhere close to an weapon skill its one of the main aspects of an NIGHTBLADE so yes rightfully *** would hit the fan fast if they remove cloak from nightblade so move on bro because bs like this just really makes you look bad here

Right. It was more about that "hurr durr, if one sole skill change ruins your build you suck" approach.
    And yes, I can handle the changes, it's simply annoying to get nerfed again. However...

There's a lot of skills this comes true. Gut Curse from MagSorcs, Beetles from Wardens or DK's Whip and they would all run into issues.
    On some classes you don't have the luxury of an burst skill, spam or even good ulti from your own lines. (stamdk, esp. stamsorc). So they of course seek to fill this gap with weapon skills. Up until this PTS e.g. stamsorcs didn't even had a class skill to combo any burst or spam with.
    With the latest developement of weapon skills being looked down upon and as "must be" inferior to class skills, it doesn't change the fact that they are pivotal to some. Simple as that. It just makes it harder for those with no class options.

It's exhausting having to explain that again and again because some people rather revert to hyperboles. Anyway, like I said I will still use Dizzy on my sorc and look forward to the next nerf demands by the forum.
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    If people want this skill cuz its knockback, why do not make it utility skill instead of spamable? Increase cost drastically, reduce the damage and cast time more (0.4-0.5s), and ta-da utility skill....

Seriously guys, do not does this skill too much for a spamable with huge dmg and this powerful cc? I used it also... do not say this cast time too much risk, cuz its not. Even the 1sec... its a non-class spamable, used or even designed for heavy armored, massive people. Nerf is fine. Everyone used this with good reason, now people deffend their easy kill skill on the forums. Calm down and adapt.
    Edited by Szende on October 12, 2019 9:50AM
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right. It was more about that "hurr durr, if one sole skill change ruins your build you suck" approach.
    And yes, I can handle the changes, it's simply annoying to get nerfed again. However...

There's a lot of skills this comes true. Gut Curse from MagSorcs, Beetles from Wardens or DK's Whip and they would all run into issues.
    On some classes you don't have the luxury of an burst skill, spam or even good ulti from your own lines. (stamdk, esp. stamsorc). So they of course seek to fill this gap with weapon skills. Up until this PTS e.g. stamsorcs didn't even had a class skill to combo any burst or spam with.
    With the latest developement of weapon skills being looked down upon and as "must be" inferior to class skills, it doesn't change the fact that they are pivotal to some. Simple as that. It just makes it harder for those with no class options.

It's exhausting having to explain that again and again because some people rather revert to hyperboles. Anyway, like I said I will still use Dizzy on my sorc and look forward to the next nerf demands by the forum.

But you do know their not do yet they even said that CLASS SKILLS STILL HAVE CHANGE COMING SO AT THIS POINT ITS ALL UP IN THE AIR SO STOP LOOKING AT WHAT WAS AND START HELPING BUILD WHATS NEXT BE BETTER THAT WAY FOR YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE JS
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 12, 2019 10:09AM
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    just make it only stun when the user is casting something
    but keep off balance ofc
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point they could just turn it into insta spammable, balance it around that and be done with it.
    Multiple stam classes would benefit from solid insta spammable.
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    At this point they could just turn it into insta spammable, balance it around that and be done with it.

except the reason everyone used it because the skill tree had a stun and an execute

every class has a spammable bud
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭

except the reason everyone used it because the skill tree had a stun and an execute

Stamden*
    Stamdk
    StamSorc

*Cliff Racer is garbage because of the delay.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off-balance is a buff.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Vig0rz wrote: »
    or simply blocked
    For what it's worth, this is going away next update -- block my Dizzy Swing and you'll still be set Off Balance. And unless you're a good-for-nothing permablock build, good luck blocking (or even seeing) my dual wield medium attack sometime in the next 7 seconds. And then enjoy eating a Dizzy + Executioner just like on live, except with 10% more damage on everything.

I think Dizzy is going to be just fine next patch.

They can roll doge the medium attack all they like, I'll fear rune them if needed. Honestly in duels I'd rather have on demand stun with offbalance anyhow
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change the cast time and make us think they finally buffed Dizzy, then take the stun off, sounds like Zos
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What spammable does stamsorc have? What actually good spammables do stamDK and stamcro have? (Poop Fist is, well, Poop Fist, and the scythe costs way too much to be used as a spammable.) The only stam classes that have in-class spammables are stamblade, stamplar, and now maybe stamden with the buffed bird.

What out-of-class spammables can these classes use? Reverse Slice needs some serious damage behind it, as it's an execute -- none of these classes have enough damage for Reverse Slice to be a solid spammable. Crushing Weapon is pretty clunky in PvP, FG crossbow has a clunky animation and is pretty expensive (2700 base cost with no cost reduction passive, where all other spammables except stamden's scythe have a cost of 2295, either at base or with a cost reduction passive -- this is the same problem the scythe has).

Everybody used Dizzy because it was the only good option available to at least half of the stamina classes in the game. Aside from what I mentioned above, Flurry is a *** spammable as its a targeted channel with most of its damage pushed into the last hit, so if it gets cancelled, most of the damage vanishes. Steel Tornado, similar to Reverse Slice, needs some serious damage behind it, as it's an execute. Sword and board keeps getting nerfed, as people don't want a defensive/utility weapon to be used offensively.

With the recent changes, Dizzy was very strong, sure. But the response to that shouldn't be gutting the skill, it should be slightly reducing the power of the skill (either by slightly reducing damage or increasing the cast time back up to 1 second), and either buffing the alternatives so players aren't pigeonholed into 2H/Dizzy if they want an actually good spammable, or introducing actually good in-class spammables for the 3 classes that lack one.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

What spammable does stamsorc have? What actually good spammables do stamDK and stamcro have? (Poop Fist is, well, Poop Fist, and the scythe costs way too much to be used as a spammable.) The only stam classes that have in-class spammables are stamblade, stamplar, and now maybe stamden with the buffed bird.

What out-of-class spammables can these classes use? Reverse Slice needs some serious damage behind it, as it's an execute -- none of these classes have enough damage for Reverse Slice to be a solid spammable. Crushing Weapon is pretty clunky in PvP, FG crossbow has a clunky animation and is pretty expensive (2700 base cost with no cost reduction passive, where all other spammables except stamden's scythe have a cost of 2295, either at base or with a cost reduction passive -- this is the same problem the scythe has).

Everybody used Dizzy because it was the only good option available to at least half of the stamina classes in the game. Aside from what I mentioned above, Flurry is a *** spammable as its a targeted channel with most of its damage pushed into the last hit, so if it gets cancelled, most of the damage vanishes. Steel Tornado, similar to Reverse Slice, needs some serious damage behind it, as it's an execute. Sword and board keeps getting nerfed, as people don't want a defensive/utility weapon to be used offensively.

With the recent changes, Dizzy was very strong, sure. But the response to that shouldn't be gutting the skill, it should be slightly reducing the power of the skill (either by slightly reducing damage or increasing the cast time back up to 1 second), and either buffing the alternatives so players aren't pigeonholed into 2H/Dizzy if they want an actually good spammable, or introducing actually good in-class spammables for the 3 classes that lack one.

Theres multiple spamables, ele wep, silver shards etc.. all do the same standard of single target dmg.

People use dizzy because its much stronger and easier to have super high dmg and a cc in one skill. Why weave or do anything when you can dmg, cc and execute all in 1 skill.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Theres multiple spamables, ele wep, silver shards etc.. all do the same standard of single target dmg.

People use dizzy because its much stronger and easier to have super high dmg and a cc in one skill. Why weave or do anything when you can dmg, cc and execute all in 1 skill.

Do you use Ele weapon and Shards on any class with an own class spam? If so, why? And if not, why?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on October 13, 2019 9:28AM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ele Weapon is just as clunky as old Dizzy or Flurry if you try to use it in a burst build, in my experience.

Silver Shards has a higher cost than the standard, and so requires more sustain to actually use as a spammable without running your stam pool dry. (Base cost of 2700, without a cost reduction passive, where other weapon spammables have a base cost of 2700 with a cost reduction passive, pulling the actual cost down to 2295.)

Again, people use Dizzy because it's the only actually good spammable remaining. Buff the alternatives (rework Flurry into an instant cast spammable, put some offensive power back into sword and board and stop with the nerfs to its damage), and you'd probably see some players move over to the alternatives, because of the downsides of Dizzy (super easy to counter, even sometimes having the game counter it for you thanks to targeting shenanigans, which makes it quite clunky to use in an actual fight, especially with high ping).
    Edited by jcm2606 on October 13, 2019 10:44AM
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭

Neither of those skills look cool to me or fun to use. It not about how strong ds, it never was and if you don't believe me check threads on topic a year or two ago, it was always about the 2h cool gameplay style. At least for me.

I was twice more effective using SnB but i still preferred 2h for its gameplay. Otherwise why even bother playing?
    Edited by Demra on October 13, 2019 4:07PM
  • SentinelRose
    Dizzying swing without the stun is really gonna hurt pvp and some pve for pvp toons. First off, lots of fun is gonna be taken away from it. People would just use it for the buff(momentum) crit rush, and execute. Cleave is too situational to put it on your bar. When there are adds in pve brawler is great, unless your using titanic cleave in pvp it's a big waste of time. Please ZOS, I've played your game since launch on console to 810 cp, and switched to pc for a better experience. Dont mess with dizzying swing. You've tunned it just right in my opinion right now.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've tunned it just right in my opinion right now.

lol.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict a massive decline of 1vX videos after this nerf.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on October 13, 2019 6:29PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you use Ele weapon and Shards on any class with an own class spam? If so, why? And if not, why?

Because class ones fit a playstyle and work around the passives most of the time. Doesn't mean they're bad skills though.

Though saying that I use dizzy over surprise attack on a nb. Because its simply better.
    PS4 EU DC

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ele Weapon is just as clunky as old Dizzy or Flurry if you try to use it in a burst build, in my experience.

Silver Shards has a higher cost than the standard, and so requires more sustain to actually use as a spammable without running your stam pool dry. (Base cost of 2700, without a cost reduction passive, where other weapon spammables have a base cost of 2700 with a cost reduction passive, pulling the actual cost down to 2295.)

Again, people use Dizzy because it's the only actually good spammable remaining. Buff the alternatives (rework Flurry into an instant cast spammable, put some offensive power back into sword and board and stop with the nerfs to its damage), and you'd probably see some players move over to the alternatives, because of the downsides of Dizzy (super easy to counter, even sometimes having the game counter it for you thanks to targeting shenanigans, which makes it quite clunky to use in an actual fight, especially with high ping).

But next patch its still going to be a good spamable?

In fact its actually stronger next patch. You control the stun (medium weave is basically instant) and gain 10% dmg on all dmg as well as the ability to heavy attack for double resources on a off balance target.
    PS4 EU DC

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the reasons in the 🌎 aint going to change the fact that scrubs have been getting carried by DS for way to long time to get good or give up eazy as that zerglings go home where done here
  • Azramel
    Azramel
    ✭✭✭
    Dizzy was fine a couple patches ago with the 1 second cast. Not nearly as many people used it until they dropped the cast to .8 sec.

You need to take into account not only the lack of a stun now, but also the lack of a snare within the weapon line. It literally has no lock down mechanics. Those are required on an easy to see comin, easy to avoid attack. If they ever raise the cast time they need to reintroduce those back to the weapon line.

As it is now, they should at least give 2h the snare back. Presently, its the only offensive weapon line with no option for a snare.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azramel wrote: »
    Dizzy was fine a couple patches ago with the 1 second cast. Not nearly as many people used it until they dropped the cast to .8 sec.

You need to take into account not only the lack of a stun now, but also the lack of a snare within the weapon line. It literally has no lock down mechanics. Those are required on an easy to see comin, easy to avoid attack. If they ever raise the cast time they need to reintroduce those back to the weapon line.

As it is now, they should at least give 2h the snare back. Presently, its the only offensive weapon line with no option for a snare.

Just hit him with a medium weave or even a heavy attack and you got your stun back are is it to skill full
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Azramel wrote: »

Just hit him with a medium weave or even a heavy attack and you got your stun back are is it to skill full

No, but if the enemey has trouble avoiding ds they are either lagging badly or new. Meanwhile the ds player is left open during the cast and the slow medium attack without option to block or dodge on a stamina class. and for what? Damage isnt that great anymore just barely to compensate if you keep hitting with the skill which chances you're not (i am talking about fighting competent players) and Off balance in no cp is meh. What are the benefits of this skill. That nobody will call you scrub no more? Won't happend as you can see there are players here with very short memory of no more than 2 patches.
    Edited by Demra on October 14, 2019 12:09AM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrecking blow is currently the same as when crystal frag had a cc, the idea was no damage ability should have such great utility tied to it, realistically the ability should be brought in to line with other spammables. It should be be instant cast have a massive damage reduction have no other buffs or debuffs attached
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Never said it wasn't, just said the reason why Dizzy is seemingly used everywhere by everybody is because the alternatives are hot, wet garbage. Everybody is saying that Dizzy is so ubiquitous because of its power, when the actual reason is it's the only actually good spammable for at least half the stam classes in the game.
    You control the stun (medium weave is basically instant)

1. What do you suppose will happen when this becomes common, and people still get stunned immediately following a Dizzy? ZOS will change off balance to require a full heavy attack to stun. This is ZOS we're talking about, always assume the worst.

2. Good luck landing a medium weave in an actual fight with actual performance, and especially with 300+ ping, as per what Oceanic users have to deal with.
    gain 10% dmg on all dmg

Only in CP, I almost exclusively play non-CP, so this wouldn't apply to me.
    as well as the ability to heavy attack for double resources on a off balance target

This is pretty good on a build running dual wield on back for access to a fast heavy attack, but isn't really that good for 2H, because of how slow the 2H heavy attack is, combined with lag.
    Edited by jcm2606 on October 14, 2019 3:35AM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Never said it wasn't, just said the reason why Dizzy is seemingly used everywhere by everybody is because the alternatives are hot, wet garbage. Everybody is saying that Dizzy is so ubiquitous because of its power, when the actual reason is it's the only actually good spammable for at least half the stam classes in the game.
    You control the stun (medium weave is basically instant)

1. What do you suppose will happen when this becomes common, and people still get stunned immediately following a Dizzy? ZOS will change off balance to require a full heavy attack to stun. This is ZOS we're talking about, always assume the worst.

2. Good luck landing a medium weave in an actual fight with actual performance, and especially with 300+ ping, as per what Oceanic users have to deal with.
    gain 10% dmg on all dmg

Only in CP, I almost exclusively play non-CP, so this wouldn't apply to me.
    as well as the ability to heavy attack for double resources on a off balance target

This is pretty good on a build running dual wield on back for access to a fast heavy attack, but isn't really that good for 2H, because of how slow the 2H heavy attack is, combined with lag.

I agree with the lag issue you speak of but no player controls that without cheating that is but yes zenimax needs to fix their issues so we can stop having issues with EVERYTHING not working that EVEN gos for snipe or any othet skill that gets an bad rap due to it
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭

But Fighters Guild does have a cost reduction passive doesn't it?
    The first passive "Intimidating Presence" gives 15% stamina cost reduction as an extra effect to the intimidation part.
    So Silver Shards will end up as the same 2295 cost.
    Edited by ExistingRug61 on October 14, 2019 4:27AM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But Fighters Guild does have a cost reduction passive doesn't it?
    The first passive "Intimidating Presence" gives 15% stamina cost reduction as an extra effect to the intimidation part.
    So Silver Shards will end up as the same 2295 cost.

And yes your 100% right on saying it does