The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to Balance Uppercut

Vig0rz
Vig0rz
✭✭
As someone who has used dizzying swing/ wrecking blow for the past four years I see why people see the skill as over-preforming at the moment. I do not think the right way to change the skill is to gut it entirely which will lead to ZERO people using it next update. Dizzying swing is meant to be a skill with high risk and high reward. "You want to cast a channeled damage skill and drop all your defenses to land a skill? Well lets make it highly offensive then". It can be rolled, cloaked, streaked, simply walked through, cc'd while casting it, or simply blocked which doesn't seem much like a "I win" skill when it has so many counters. Taking away the cc and reducing the damage by 16% is not the solution and goes against the idea behind this skill. Make it high risk and high reward again.

Increase the cast time of dizzying swing back up to 1 second
Reduce the damage by roughly 4-6%
Keep the cc mechanic.

What could also be done is changing wrecking blow to current live dizzying swing(no empower, but has the cc) and make that morph have a 1 second cast time with slightly higher damage. Wrecking blow could be a higher burst damage skill while its counterpart(d-swing) could be a higher average dps skill.

I also think it ruins the power-fantasy aspect behind the skill of slamming an enemy up in the air. The skill is super fun to use and changing it would just simply suck.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I hate the dizzy nerf , I think it will be okay.

I completely agree that it ruined the feeling of the skill though.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 8, 2019 1:11AM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah 1 second cast time was fine. The only legitimate gripe with the current version is that it's just fast enough to land a second one AND an execute before the victim can even break free. That's understandable. Just put it back to 1 second and leave the damage alone.
    Edited by Solariken on October 8, 2019 1:21AM
  • DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad all the crutches are going
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vig0rz wrote: »
    or simply blocked
    For what it's worth, this is going away next update -- block my Dizzy Swing and you'll still be set Off Balance. And unless you're a good-for-nothing permablock build, good luck blocking (or even seeing) my dual wield medium attack sometime in the next 7 seconds. And then enjoy eating a Dizzy + Executioner just like on live, except with 10% more damage on everything.

I think Dizzy is going to be just fine next patch.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    or simply blocked
    For what it's worth, this is going away next update -- block my Dizzy Swing and you'll still be set Off Balance. And unless you're a good-for-nothing permablock build, good luck blocking (or even seeing) my dual wield medium attack sometime in the next 7 seconds. And then enjoy eating a Dizzy + Executioner just like on live, except with 10% more damage on everything.

You have no idea how wrong you are. The damage is so bad there is no point use it for burst or pressure. It doesnt do either one. It will be useless.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sly007 wrote: »
    or simply blocked

You have no idea how wrong you are. The damage is so bad there is no point use it for burst or pressure. It doesnt do either one. It will be useless.
    My tooltip on PTS is over 18k, as opposed to about 20k on live with the same build. Why wouldn't I slot an 18k damage skill that grants me 10% extra damage and grants me a non-telegraphed stun on opponents?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or simply blocked

My tooltip on PTS is over 18k, as opposed to about 20k on live with the same build. Why wouldn't I slot an 18k damage skill that grants me 10% extra damage and grants me a non-telegraphed stun on opponents?

Maybe ZOS will surprise you and actually give class abilities that are worth slotting instead :wink:
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    75yo81rk7nku.jpg
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone that has been subject to Benny Hill esque Dizzying Swing and Execute spam by multiple enemies at the same time, I do wish we could find a way to keep the knockback if only because I remember how satisfying it is to fling enemies in the air. Personally I think a longer cast time of 1.5s (to drive home the power aspect and actually give it an element of 'risk') and a 20% damage increase on top of knockback would be an interesting combination.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or simply blocked

In CP PvP, all enemies are almost always off-balance in 1vX by Tactician passive, at least on medium armor builds. For medium armor builds, you are literally gaining nothing with the change.
    In BGs, some one else(even enemies) can steal my CC chance.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree
  • Weisstag
    Weisstag
    ✭✭✭
    My problem with dizzy is combination with onslaught since you can be a 40k resist tank and onslaught will carry you pretty much...I have a build like it on my Stamdk/stamden (works on both) for bg lolz and it's really strong...so ye dizzy is not the issue after all imo... onslaught with its pen bonus is... I think old onslaught with ulti regain on kill was better
    Iam an EU player...so Iam pretty used to suffering
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone that has been subject to Benny Hill esque Dizzying Swing and Execute spam by multiple enemies at the same time, I do wish we could find a way to keep the knockback if only because I remember how satisfying it is to fling enemies in the air. Personally I think a longer cast time of 1.5s (to drive home the power aspect and actually give it an element of 'risk') and a 20% damage increase on top of knockback would be an interesting combination.

Sorry but 1.5s cast time won't land on anyone except maybe few ads..
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    or simply blocked

Maybe ZOS will surprise you and actually give class abilities that are worth slotting instead :wink:
    Yeah, I’be got no clue why they want sorc to now be the only class in the game without a class spammable. Honestly just doing my best to look on the bright side with Dizzy just because there’s hardly another choice.
    Edited by casparian on October 8, 2019 8:32AM
  • coradaelu
    coradaelu
    ✭✭✭
    75yo81rk7nku.jpg

Lol, no stamina player cried when Destructive Touch was gutted but i know that feeling, there is always stamina pvpers talking on magicka nerf threads and they never played magicka specs, 1.2s cast time same damage and leave the stun, Onslaught nerf makes sense, on live is just too easy this combo.
    Edited by coradaelu on October 8, 2019 8:35AM
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weisstag wrote: »
    My problem with dizzy is combination with onslaught since you can be a 40k resist tank and onslaught will carry you pretty much...I have a build like it on my Stamdk/stamden (works on both) for bg lolz and it's really strong...so ye dizzy is not the issue after all imo... onslaught with its pen bonus is... I think old onslaught with ulti regain on kill was better

the issue is the knockback and the strong delayed break free sometimes. i dont care about onslaught, i run around with an medium armor build and usually avoid the dmg, but if the enemy lands a dizzy swing u are dead because of buggy knockback.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What OP said.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How many non-ult CCs do massive amount of damage on PTS?

I could have sworn the number was zero. Better kept that way.
  • Weisstag
    Weisstag
    ✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    the issue is the knockback and the strong delayed break free sometimes. i dont care about onslaught, i run around with an medium armor build and usually avoid the dmg, but if the enemy lands a dizzy swing u are dead because of buggy knockback.

Well then they should fix break free right?

Personally, I hate dizzy, iam okay with the nerf and i will be happy once it goes atleast partially away, will save me a lot of swearing... but then again thats my selfish opinion and I know it's not the right way to fix the issue.
    Iam an EU player...so Iam pretty used to suffering
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or simply blocked

Don't you bring your logic here, just accept like everyone else on the forum that the skill is dead and the world is ending.

Because apparently people can't read and medium weaving is too advanced.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

How many non ult CCs have a cast time and require your radical to stay on the target and can be blocked, dodged, and walked away from?
    I could have sworn the number was one. Better kept that way. Too many learn to play problems being masked as OP.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The game was better before Wrobel's ideas became ESO canon.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delete the skill and replace with a new spammable that doesn't mirror anything old skill did because zos seems to hate the skill so intensively
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    In a way, it will be a relief to not feel like I have to use dizzy anymore. On the other hand, nothing really compares to the damage you get with a dizzy... when you manage to land it.

P.S. if you're getting wrecked by dizzy all the time, you need to learn to play. I wish ZoS would stop hand holding so much. First it was, "everything needs counter play" (unless you're a sorc) and now we hear "it's just too powerful" or some "i-win button" BS. If there's counterplay, it's not an i-win button. Period. Just. Stop. FFS.

Last I heard, off balance can be broken free of. Not to mentioned it's consumed if the target is stunned with the heavy attack, so there goes your 10% damage boost. So, I fail to see how the new function is better for PvP.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How many non ult CCs have a cast time and require your radical to stay on the target and can be blocked, dodged, and walked away from?
    I could have sworn the number was one. Better kept that way. Too many learn to play problems being masked as OP.

I agree, starting with those complaining about a single skill change.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Take away cloak from nightblades and see how that argument still stands.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Now I will make a mag NB and refuse to slot cloak. Sounds like a fun idea. Thanks :D
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was a really cool ability that was strong and became a meta defining requirement for every stamina main bar.

at .8 seconds, it needed a change. is this the right change? not sure - but it needed something.

high-risk high reward is 1+ seconds cast time for devastating effect. where it stands today, it is a borderline spammable doing insane damage with cc on top.
    Edited by mursie on October 8, 2019 9:16PM
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    It cannot have the cc anymore. ZoS is separating spammable/burst skills from cc. I'd rather see it not take the damage nerf.