The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

got to love magsorcs

mursie
mursie
✭✭✭✭✭
if only pirate skeleton, steadfast hero, veiled heritance, or any other ZOS gut job was somehow tied to the magsorc.

then we could all move confidently forward, knowing all proposed nerfs will actually, inevitably, be reverted buffs. that one patch without twilights everywhere was a breath of fresh air - oh well
twitch.tv/mursieftw
twitter: @mursieftw
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What’s your issue this time? That pets aren’t gutted while they buffed most other dots back up as well?
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sorc uses no pets and no shields and I still get hate whispers. Can I get a list of class abilities I’m allowed to use so my enemies can feel okay about losing?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They took the stun off Ball of Lightning... that isn't a big enough nerf for you?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They took the stun off Ball of Lightning... that isn't a big enough nerf for you?

Imagine being so insufferably disingenuous that you called the BoL changes a big nerf.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unless ZOS deletes the class there's always gonna be some cheese with mag sorc that people will complain about
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    120i4c.jpg
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be hard to call the next Fotm class. Could be sorcs, templars, wardens or DKs, only thing for sure is NBs will suck.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    <3 magsorc
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I accept your application. After close review I can say that you are fully eligible to be our member.

WELCOME TO THE TROLL CLAN!!! I am always glad to see new recruits.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    if only pirate skeleton, steadfast hero, veiled heritance, or any other ZOS gut job was somehow tied to the magsorc.

then we could all move confidently forward, knowing all proposed nerfs will actually, inevitably, be reverted buffs. that one patch without twilights everywhere was a breath of fresh air - oh well

Fun fact for you. In no cp the bird heal right now outperforms healing from rapid regen, entropy and crit surge.

Excited to bring back my zoo so that I can be relevant in bgs again
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s your issue this time? That pets aren’t gutted while they buffed most other dots back up as well?

Pretty sure he means the fact that pets are a better heal than breath of life.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t find Sorcerers as truly OP, but they are pretty good at stealing kills.
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    They nerfed sorc SO much last patch, yet they keep on making people angry... I dunno what's causing this endless fury....
  • SoixanteNeuf
    SoixanteNeuf
    ✭✭✭
    It's a curse that's haunting the class. It's more than a big deal.. it's almost dark in nature.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a curse that's haunting the class. It's more than a big deal.. it's almost dark in nature.

Whatever it is, it's resulted in a shockingly long streak.
  • DarkGottbeard
    DarkGottbeard
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerers have suffered a boundless storm of "nerf sorc" threads since launch. Here in week 4 of the pts, it is not really surprising to see a critical surge of "nerf sorc" propoganda pop up. These scamps won't stop until they have negated everything even moderately useful about the class.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers have suffered a boundless storm of "nerf sorc" threads since launch. Here in week 4 of the pts, it is not really surprising to see a critical surge of "nerf sorc" propoganda pop up. These scamps won't stop until they have negated everything even moderately useful about the class.

While I appreciate the puns, you could replace Sorc with nearly everything that is somewhat useful and fun.

Look at Nightblades: "Nerf SA, nerf incap, nerf cloak"
    DW: "rending too OP, Steel Tornado is omnipresent, it shall be nerfed"
    SnB: "How can you dare to have a good spam in that skill line?!"
    Two Hander: "hurr durr, Stampede is OP, Execute is too strong, nerf dizzy, gut Onslaught"
    Up until the Onslaught buff: "nerf DB, everyone uses it"

This is the general forum mentality. If it can be read on your death recap, it needs to be destroyed. If everyone uses it, no matter if there are viable alternatives, it needs to be nerfed. If it's on any other class than my main, it is bound to be OP.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Petsorc doesn't look dangerous at all on PTS tbh (when I fought against them on Nb at least). What's far more broken are magdks and templars, who have burst combos which are unanvoidable and therefore hardcounter everyone who doesn't play a tanky build (meanwhile the actual burst classes aren't allowed to hit their burst combos...).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Petsorc doesn't look dangerous at all on PTS tbh (when I fought against them on Nb at least). What's far more broken are magdks and templars, who have burst combos which are unanvoidable and therefore hardcounter everyone who doesn't play a tanky build (meanwhile the actual burst classes aren't allowed to hit their burst combos...).

Totally agree temps and DKs are close to being broken at the moment. But I guess ZOS is having a hard time trying to balance PVP vs PVE.

On the other hand I bet OP is a temp and DK player himself and that's why he's trying to troll us with margsorcs
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree temps and DKs are close to being broken at the moment. But I guess ZOS is having a hard time trying to balance PVP vs PVE.

On the other hand I bet OP is a temp and DK player himself and that's why he's trying to troll us with margsorcs

No he plays an assortment of classes, that’s sort of his thing. Though he prefers melee classes and I don’t think I’ve seen him on a ranged sorc, templar or warden. For mag I’ve seen him on a DK and NB, but rarely NB.

He plays a ton of BGs on PC-NA, it’s hard to miss him.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 8, 2019 11:55AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think mag sorcs are in a fine spot in general. But that pet is heal is messed up strong. Which is a real shame. It’s gonna bring huge calls for more sorc nerfs and who knows what will get caught in that cross fire.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what are they buffing on mDK's that is causing you burst combo issues?
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i play magsorc. usually 1 handed. and laugh as I snap crackle pop everything. Until this patch, i wouldn't touch it because it was so blatantly over-performing that it felt dirty to use.

with this patch, using no pets, it feels great and still performs at the top tier of classes. and now - with the latest patch notes - it is basically having all prior nerfs reverted into buffs along with the buffs it already received (ie - streak now undodgeable/unblockable, buff to frag dmg, buff to twilight heal, and now buff to twilight dmg - you know, the things it was supposedly nerfed on before).

btw - i also play a ton of stamina and yet fully endorse and agree with the nerf to dizzy despite it being on all 6 of my stamina main's bars. it was ALSO way over-performing. that's called perspective.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on October 8, 2019 6:58PM
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I think mag sorcs are in a fine spot in general. But that pet is heal is messed up strong. Which is a real shame. It’s gonna bring huge calls for more sorc nerfs and who knows what will get caught in that cross fire.

I'll concede that the Twilight heal is now bigger (on paper) than anything else. On paper. But when you actually try to depend on it with a "normal" Mag Sorc build, it is woefully lacking. Breath-of-Life (or whatever Temps use now) may have a smaller tooltip, but real Templars are getting way bigger heals in practice. Clearly they are building around maximizing the final heal, because they can go from execute range to 100% health in one button press. No Mag Sorc can do that with any build I've used or even seen.

Do you think people will call for nerfs to the Matriarch heals based on tooltips alone? I guess I shouldn't be surprised if they did, because everybody hates Sorcs for some reason. I'll be really amazed, though, if real Sorcs give up shield builds and optimize for heals instead. I'll eat my wizard hat if that happens :)

Edited by Emma_Overload on October 8, 2019 4:36PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

They don't need a reason to call for sorc nerfs. They just call.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for baiting and flaming, content which is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every update I say this at least once. Every update, it remains true:

ZOS could update Sorc so that rolling one immediately kills the player, and people would still say it was OP and call for more nerfs.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its like someone made a dark deal to get mag sorcs nerfed
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be really amazed, though, if real Sorcs give up shield builds and optimize for heals instead. I'll eat my wizard hat if that happens :)

What's the difference between the two, other than the bar space involved in equipping both kinds of skill?
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »

i play magsorc. usually 1 handed. and laugh as I snap crackle pop everything. Until this patch, i wouldn't touch it because it was so blatantly over-performing that it felt dirty to use.

[Edit to remove bait]

So your idea of balance is to play mag sorc when its garbage ?