The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please nerf Snipe, Cloak, Bosmer and Khajiit.

• Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep snipe as it is, but bring the old DK wings back. high-risk, high return.

make the spammers think twice when they try to perch on a cliff and think they can just snipe their way to victory.

Fewer things were more satisfying than running my DK, hitting wings, and watching some sniper on a cliff tumble dead off his perch.

Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh snipe is literally that thing that made me uninstall the game.
    Like midweek, 11am, cyro, ping 70.
    Got 3 snipes in 1 second from same person.
    Snipe cause desync and its acknowledged for 4+ years. Enough.
    Don't nerf it. FIX IT
  • Frooke
    Frooke
    ✭✭✭
    Ppl shouldn't compare cloak to streak or shields, it is a defensive/ofensive ability too, but it's has too many ways to counter, and if you having trouble with it, you should to consider slot a counter ability, and not ask for a nerf, I will give you guys a help, don't get me wrong but I think you need it

Usual PvP Counter skills for nb cloak:

Sorc = Streak, Hurricane, Boudless Storm, Curse, Overload HA
    Dk = Engulfing Flames/Noxious, Volatile Armor, Petrify (some times)
    Temp = Jabs/Puncture, Radial Sweep, Backlash, Ritual of Retribution
    Nb = Fear, Sap Essence or just ignore your enemy and use cloak too
    Necro = Death Scythe, Boneyard and Bone Totem
    Everyone: any AOE damage ability, Bombard, Whirlwind, Dawnbreaker, Blade Cloak, camouflaged hunter, Mage's Light, Detect Potion

I will give you a comparison with streak

Counter skills for streak:
    Gap close abilities (if you not get stunned, and it is not very effective in most of times)

You guys can't be serious asking for a nerf on cloak, just delete Nb from the game instead, it is already nerfed to the ground
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    keep snipe as it is, but bring the old DK wings back. high-risk, high return.

make the spammers think twice when they try to perch on a cliff and think they can just snipe their way to victory.

Fewer things were more satisfying than running my DK, hitting wings, and watching some sniper on a cliff tumble dead off his perch.

I actually agree with this. DK is one of my least played classes but some identities kept other things in check. Of course, one way for ranged toons to deal was to LA 4 times, but now even LAs can hurt like hell coming back at you.

Point is though; these changes to things have consequences indirectly. Just a chain reaction of nerfs.
  • SenpaiNFT
    SenpaiNFT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frooke wrote: »
    Ppl shouldn't compare cloak to streak or shields, it is a defensive/ofensive ability too, but it's has too many ways to counter, and if you having trouble with it, you should to consider slot a counter ability, and not ask for a nerf, I will give you guys a help, don't get me wrong but I think you need it

Everyone: any AOE damage ability, Bombard, Whirlwind, Dawnbreaker, Blade Cloak, camouflaged hunter, Mage's Light, Detect Potion

Gap close abilities (if you not get stunned, and it is not very effective in most of times)

You guys can't be serious asking for a nerf on cloak, just delete Nb from the game instead, it is already nerfed to the ground

Deleting NB works for me if that’s what you’d rather do?
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just nerf snipe, the rest can stay.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit can’t outpreform other races. Its critical strikes don’t even compete with a Dunmer’s. A Dunmer is a more ideal choice if you’re picky about damage and it’s also a better choice if you decide to use vampirism.

Bosmers are fine.

Cloak doesn’t really need a nerf. You can’t use it as much on a StamBlade than a MagBlade, but MagBlade already has its own sustain issues with its other skills. They already increased the cost on Shade even more.

If I remember correctly, Snipe was actually buffed for Scalebreaker alongside Dizzying Swing. It makes sense that they take away the damage buff they gave to it.
  • kitty79
    kitty79
    ✭✭✭✭
    snipe is love <3:*

and snipe have a cast time so it make more damage.

khajiit are to cute to be nerf :*
    snipe forever ^_^
    -maîtresse de pêche
    -héroïne de Tamriel
    -sauveuse de Nirn
    -grande maîtresse artisane
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmers actually deserve to have set penetration bonus, not these roll shenanigans.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alidel wrote: »
    Bosmers actually deserve to have set penetration bonus, not these roll shenanigans.

Most of “hunters eye” is useless and should not even have been put on a white board much less make it to live.

Hunters eye needs to be torn down and rebuilt from scratch. With someone who knows how to balance both PvE and PvP behind the wheel.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SenpaiNFT wrote: »

Deleting all of PvP also works!
  • SenpaiNFT
    SenpaiNFT
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Sounds good to me!
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭

Finally, a sound idea!
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alidel wrote: »

Finally, a sound idea!

Do it! Do it nooow!
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title.

you bring up wonderful points in your discussion on why you want your title to happen!

A M A Z I N G!
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • SenpaiNFT
    SenpaiNFT
    ✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    Title.

you bring up wonderful points in your discussion on why you want your title to happen!

A M A Z I N G!

Thanks!
  • AzurasDaddy
    AzurasDaddy
    ✭✭✭
    Also snipe should be BUFFED
    But that’s just my opinion
    Don’t get salty

Yes because instantly losing 24.4k health while in mist form from 4 snipes that hit me at some undetermined point in time before mist form is too weak
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mostly get irritated by cloak by witnessing it being recast over and over by the same player in battlegrounds. It SHOULD have a fatigue, hell, if every other class needs to run a skill or potion specifically to counter ONE skill that only ONE class has, doesnt it seem overtuned?
    So sure take away the only useful spell, I love playing a generic classless dps with nothing special or unique about it. /also sarcasm

He didn't say anything about removing/ deleting the ability. He suggested to add a fatigue to punish the spamming of it.

Vlad9425 wrote: »
    I mostly get irritated by cloak by witnessing it being recast over and over by the same player in battlegrounds. It SHOULD have a fatigue, hell, if every other class needs to run a skill or potion specifically to counter ONE skill that only ONE class has, doesnt it seem overtuned?

How is a 3 second invisibility that has so many counters “overtuned”.

This ironical question has already been answered a few times within this thread. You are just refusing to acknowledge any arguments that go against your playstyle.

Also I hate to tell you that decent nightblades do not spam Cloak because that’s how you run out of Magicka and die. Wish people would actually play NB and realise how you need to have good timing and reactions to succeed with the class instead of asking for ridiculous nerfs 🤔

If decent Nightblades do not spam Cloak, then a fatigue penalty being added to cloak to punish its spam abuse, wouldn't affect the decent nightblades in any way. So, what exactly is your argument against a fatigue?
    Vizikul wrote: »

You have a nice signature, it's quite ironical considering you are keep trying to degrade my opinion as worthless.
    You say x and y are the same but they are not. It's a fallacy, stop it you've already lost.

Just because you demand to be in the right doesn't make you be in the right. And no, I didn't "lose". Especially not, just because you say so.

You have a nice signature, it's quite ironical considering you are keep trying to degrade my opinion as worthless.
    Snipe is a gimmick and more the easily counterable, and more than that a valid playstyle; whining about it is silly when it has a cast time and does neglible damage compared to other forms.

Cloak is easily counterable not just opinion wise but factual, there are several ways.

Bosmer and khajiit are statistically and objectively weaker than other races, I mean bosmer is a meme.

I didn't raise any concerns against Snipe, Bosmer and Khajit.

Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    So sure take away the only useful spell, I love playing a generic classless dps with nothing special or unique about it. /also sarcasm

He didn't say anything about removing/ deleting the ability. He suggested to add a fatigue to punish the spamming of it.

This ironical question has already been answered a few times within this thread. You are just refusing to acknowledge any arguments that go against your playstyle.

Also I hate to tell you that decent nightblades do not spam Cloak because that’s how you run out of Magicka and die. Wish people would actually play NB and realise how you need to have good timing and reactions to succeed with the class instead of asking for ridiculous nerfs 🤔

If decent Nightblades do not spam Cloak, then a fatigue penalty being added to cloak to punish its spam abuse, wouldn't affect the decent nightblades in any way. So, what exactly is your argument against a fatigue?

You say x and y are the same but they are not. It's a fallacy, stop it you've already lost.

Just because you demand to be in the right doesn't make you be in the right. And no, I didn't "lose". Especially not, just because you say so.

Snipe is a gimmick and more the easily counterable, and more than that a valid playstyle; whining about it is silly when it has a cast time and does neglible damage compared to other forms.

Cloak is easily counterable not just opinion wise but factual, there are several ways.

Bosmer and khajiit are statistically and objectively weaker than other races, I mean bosmer is a meme.

Cloak fatigue?
    What other skills have fatigue?
    Ah yes.
    Bolt escape. No counter
    If a fatigue was added then aoe shouldn't bring u out of cloak. along with skills like magelight and camo hunter.
    And detect pots.
    A skill with so many counters MUST NOT have a fatigue.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one likes being a khajiit. One day a stamsorc... Then when this khajiit feels like it respec to the magsorc. One day a stamblade... Then be a magblade the next day.. Only to play as a healer 2h later.. The khajiit passives suit this one's tendency for changing builds like other people change their socks very well :wink:
    Don't worry I do change my armor sets lol
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • SenpaiNFT
    SenpaiNFT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delete all counters to cloak (except AOEs) and give it the mist form treatment (No healing, no magicka regen). Done deal. Mist Form is still countered by things like oblivion damage and cloak making you immune to AOEs would break PvE so it’s a fair trade off.
    Edited by SenpaiNFT on October 8, 2019 6:13AM
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delete all counters to cloak (except AOEs) and give it the mist form treatment (No healing, no magicka regen). Done deal. Mist Form is still countered by things like oblivion damage and cloak making you immune to AOEs would break PvE so it’s a fair trade off.
    The issue is that people can just spam flame breath or jabs and pull u out
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭

Cloak fatigue?
    What other skills have fatigue?
    Ah yes.
    Bolt escape. No counter
    If a fatigue was added then aoe shouldn't bring u out of cloak. along with skills like magelight and camo hunter.
    And detect pots.
    A skill with so many counters MUST NOT have a fatigue.

If bolt escape is used as an escape ability, its counter is any other gap closing ability (resulting in a match of "catch me if you can"). Or do you mean the unblockable stun? CC immunity is your counter.

Dodge roll also has a fatigue to prevent the spam abuse, while almost every AoE ability is undodgeable.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.

• Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue is that people can just spam flame breath or jabs and pull u out

So? As far as I know Cyrodill is a battlefield. It serves to fight and not to play hide and seek..

• Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak actually does need a nerf, it's way overloaded.
    Overloaded what??? I will have half of what you are drinking sir 😂😭😂
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    Im still glad, devs not paying attention for whining like this. Cloak has counters, can be beated easily, but when a nightblade can avoid to being killed, cuz someone not skilled enough to deal with cloak, we get a topic like this.
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • Marcus_Thracius
    Marcus_Thracius
    ✭✭✭✭
    sure why not - lower dmg of snipe by 99% - cloak duration to 0.0005 sec - bosmer and khajiit gain new passives that give bonus to rp

L2P mate
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want something done, then explain why it should be done first. Screaming NERF THIS SKILL THAT I DISLIKE, or NERF THIS WHOLE RACE THAT I DISLIKE will not do anything. In fact, it proves that your input is extremely invalid and should be ignored from this point onward.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could reduce the cost of Hunter and widen the radius now that it's more widely used for the Savagery and Berserk.

Why does Cloak supress DOTs? That doesn't really make any sense. I feel like most people who had a problem with overperforming stamBlades, had a problem with Cloak. However, ZOS went on and nerfed/tweaked almost every other NB skill but Cloak, lol. At the moment StamBlades are probably the least used class in PVP in my experience so they shouldn't be nerfed any longer.

Yesterday I found a NB hiding at Winters Peak. He was hiding right next to those pillars upstairs, close to the edge. I used Hunter, exposed him and tried to Dizzy him over the edge. The first hit missed him and yet the combat text didn't state 'Missed' like it does when roll dodging an attack. So immediately I Dizzyid him again, and a third time. They all missed without the missed icon. Note that the whole time he was crouching still and didn't move at all. Then I Breathed him and it hit, and he dropped down willingly.

Was that a bug/lag or does Dizzy/single target 'miss' Cloaking enemies even when you're detecting them? I don't think I've seen that happen before.
    Edited by juhislihis19 on October 8, 2019 10:12AM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok add fatigue but remove reveal potions and mage light.