The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So... Julianos/Hunding's Rage and New Moon Acolyte

CaptainVenom
CaptainVenom
✭✭✭✭✭
Will this New Moon Acolyte be an upgraded, hybrid Law of Julianos/Hunding's Rage set? It looks interesting.
🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw:

1. 833 Weapon and Spell Critical
    2. 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    3. 1487 Physical and Spell Penetration
    4. Adds 481 Weapon and Spell Damage. Increase the cost of your active abilities by 5%.
    Edited by CaptainVenom on October 1, 2019 1:03PM
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear its pretty good thus far on PTS...one can but hope.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it goes live the way it is, I plan on using it with the Ancient Dragonguard set on a ton of PVP builds.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It actually pairs really, really well with Julianos and Hundings. I don't consider it a hybrid so much as I do a nice companion set to them... I'd say it's more like a better Mechanical Acuity without a proc condition.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it goes live I will actually try an hybrid build but with nb only play nb 😎
    Edited by Deathlord92 on October 1, 2019 2:19PM
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as this set goes live I'm making a set of rings/neck and weapons.. golding them out because they will work good for my Argonian who switches between mag and stam plar for PVP.. then I can just switch between armor and monster sets to pair with them.

I dont even see this as a hybrid set
    Edited by IronWooshu on October 1, 2019 9:45PM
  • Bullseyebudx
    Bullseyebudx
    ✭✭✭
    Btw:

4. Adds 481 Weapon and Spell Damage. Increase the cost of your active abilities by 5%.

Is it supposed to say; Increase the cost of your activated abilities by 5%?
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Intriguing. From a stamina perspective, wonder if this outperforms Spriggans. You get more crit, but Spriggans gives more penetration and a larger stamina pool. Having a hard time deciding whether 481 weapon damage is worth a 5% spike in ability cost. Kind of an anti-VO buff.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pair it with false god or vicious ophidian for that sweet 8% cost reduction. PROFIT!
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it'll pair great with Stormfist 😁
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it supposed to say; Increase the cost of your activated abilities by 5%?
    Yes it makes abilities more expensive to use.

The way it's typed up on the test server crafting station, it almost looks like it is a set characteristic rather than tied to the 5th piece. However, when I craft and put just two pieces on, it does not apply the 5% added cost. So it must be tied to using all 5 pieces and the text is simply formatted oddly on the PTS.

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It actually pairs really, really well with Julianos and Hundings. I don't consider it a hybrid so much as I do a nice companion set to them... I'd say it's more like a better Mechanical Acuity without a proc condition.

It is no where similar to Acuity nor is it "a better Mechanical Acuity". As far as raw damage goes, Acuity is worlds above it.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw:

Its certainly welcome to have another set to add to the very few which lend themselves to hybrid mag/stam builds.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Moon Acolyte + Ancient Dragonguard (other new Dragonhold set) + Molag Kena + lover mundus = A viable hybrid build ? ?

Skill cost could be high, so my idea was to try it on Argonian (potion passive) and use heavy armour. And if I run out of stamina, swap bars and use magicka pool. If sustain wil be an issue I can swap Molag Kena with Grundwulf.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on October 2, 2019 10:09AM
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    If it goes live the way it is, I plan on using it with the Ancient Dragonguard set on a ton of PVP builds.

Expect it to be nerfed soon after release. lol.

I wouldn't be making builds based on it, imo.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »

Yeah, but at least for console I'll have a solid 3 months with it lol. And they are both crafted so it's barely a drop in the bucket when it comes to resources for it.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but at least for console I'll have a solid 3 months with it lol. And they are both crafted so it's barely a drop in the bucket when it comes to resources for it.

Jewelry?
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Jewelry?

just dont get it loool 4head.

What i want to ask is; increase the cost of active abilities? Dodge, sprint and block counts?
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »

Jewelry?

What i want to ask is; increase the cost of active abilities? Dodge, sprint and block counts?

You said it's not a drop in the bucket but crafting gold jewelry is expensive!

If it is only active abilities then no, just those on your bar, including ultimates.

Hopefully someone else can confirm else I will test tonight.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is only active abilities then no, just those on your bar, including ultimates.

As far as my test last night it did not increase roll dodge cost so I doubt it will increase block or non “barred” skills.

The set is going to be pretty crazy. Currently I use spriggans but this set will be better, especially because all the modifiers for weapon damage, it’s not simply 610 weapon damage. Especially when in medium armor. My planned setup I’m using on PTS is utterly rediculous. They wanted to nerf DoTs, okay, going full burst.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jewelry?

I said drop in the bucket because crafting Gold jewelry is not necessary. The stat increase between Purple and Gold is too small to matter. The Gold weapons are the only things that are truly needed. If you really want, you can craft blue jewelry and still be fine.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

It is no where similar to Acuity nor is it "a better Mechanical Acuity". As far as raw damage goes, Acuity is worlds above it.

Nope, not in the PTS at least. NMA is much stronger.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jewelry?

I said drop in the bucket because crafting Gold jewelry is not necessary. The stat increase between Purple and Gold is too small to matter. The Gold weapons are the only things that are truly needed. If you really want, you can craft blue jewelry and still be fine.

Gold Infused Jewels >

Iwill be using Acrobat + NMA instead of Spriggans. Change Warrior Mundus to Serpent and I should be dandy. Far more damage its crazy.

Only front-barring with Cloak and Shade on backbar.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be using Acrobat + NMA instead of Spriggans. Change Warrior Mundus to Serpent and I should be dandy. Far more damage its crazy.

Using NMA in my setup now, with full damage buffs up and continuous attack I’m at 7288 weapon damage (note: while cloaked). 52% crit, 31k stamina, 2505 stamina recovery (with minor endurance from rally), and 23k HP (in cyro).

Onslaught tool tip sits at 28k, spectral bow at 30k, surprise attack a bit above 16k. I do believe in CP enabled my crit damage modifier is at 105% so when I use one of the skills above and it crits.....It’s absolutely brutal.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Bdawwg
    Bdawwg
    ✭✭✭

I will be using Acrobat + NMA instead of Spriggans. Change Warrior Mundus to Serpent and I should be dandy. Far more damage its crazy.

Using NMA in my setup now, with full damage buffs up and continuous attack I’m at 7288 weapon damage (note: while cloaked). 52% crit, 31k stamina, 2505 stamina recovery (with minor endurance from rally), and 23k HP (in cyro).

Onslaught tool tip sits at 28k, spectral bow at 30k, surprise attack a bit above 16k. I do believe in CP enabled my crit damage modifier is at 105% so when I use one of the skills above and it crits.....It’s absolutely brutal.

How are you getting 7000 weapon damage!
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Really, youv tested this?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been using it since day 1 when DH is live on PC. same as in PTS.

this set ROCKS.

5% cost increase is nothing for PvP.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bdawwg wrote: »

How are you getting 7000 weapon damage!

stamDK heavy armor here. pairing NMA with 7th legion. when major minor brut is on, 7th is proc, and my weapon enchant proc, I can hit 6k wep damage.

that's with heavy armor AND STEED MUNDUS.

medium gets 15% more. warrior mundus help too.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested New Moon Acolyte on the PTS.

Wearing nothing but NMA gear, with an NMA sharpened 2 hand maul, I spammed one attack over and over on a target dummy until I ran out of stamina. Wrote down the average hit (without Crit).

Wearing nothing but Spriggans gear, with a spriggans sharpened 2 hand maul, I spammed the same attack over and over on a target dummy until I ran out of stamina.

Even if I was counting the crits, the base Spriggans single hit did more damage than the base single hit from NMA.

Tested the same with nirnhoned NMA vs. nirnhoned Spriggans. Then I tested nirnhoned NMA vs sharpened Spriggans, and vice versa.

Lastly, I tested with my full gear set up, just switching out the five piece NMA and Spriggans.

Spriggans did more damage.

Have fun with that 5 percent increase to your abilities.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on November 6, 2019 2:50PM
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not just abilities, its anti alteration / imperial passives

block cost, sprint cost, ult cost, all increase by 5%
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick