The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stam NB nerfed again! Not Fair!

Brander12
Brander12
✭✭
Guys, why did you cut NBs in Stam Spec to the very bottom?
I'm playing just stam NB in pvp, sneak became almost useless. But sneak isn't question, I want to run NB without stealth. So "Dark Cloak" is totally useless skill. Armor buff with 2 heavy pieces is 8(!) seconds, while other classes have up to 40 seconds. Every class have Brutality buff from own skill lines. BUFF (!) No this rubish skill which requires to hit enemy in melee combat. Most of classes have ranged snares, but not NB. Give us a choice ;\
If you're talking about role play - why do sorcs can be so tanky, templars as healers are killing everybody with Scalebraker???
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They killed stamblade because its been the go to for pvp for so long and was the OLD teams baby reason their gutting it so bad trying to show their not part of that team lol its sad that even ZOS came to HATE stamblades :(
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there some recent nerfs that I dont know about or this topic refers to some old nb overall nerfs ? And if this is about "new" nerfs then erm... can you link source ?
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there some recent nerfs that I dont know about or this topic refers to some old nb overall nerfs ? And if this is about "new" nerfs then erm... can you link source ?

Same ol same ol just stamblades trying to get some love
  • Brander12
    Brander12
    ✭✭
    Major Fracture - cutted out from surprise attack, no more stun from Incap. _old ecxamples.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/pts-patch-notes-v5-2-0#latest new nerfs.

That's not about love. Character became totally rubish in PVP.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brander12 wrote: »
    Major Fracture - cutted out from surprise attack, no more stun from Incap. _old ecxamples.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/pts-patch-notes-v5-2-0#latest new nerfs.

That's not about love. Character became totally rubish in PVP.

Oh i know my 16x emp is now just an crafter :(
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to run NB without cloak, run a DK instead. Its better at it:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade without Cloak... Templar without cleanse... Sorcorer without streak...

Its possible, but really worth to leave a class most iconic abilities?
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a Sorc all i can say is "ner ner na ner ner" and i mean that with all sincerity :D
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    I think NBs are in a pretty good place now. Yeah there may be another class or two to get easier kills on, but finally NB feels rewarding to play. It was so easy before. They could use a little love maybe. I don’t think in the form of damage or survival though. Maybe something utility based. I think they are fine though so I don’t even have a good suggestion.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did u know that every class got nerfs?
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Sorc all i can say is "ner ner na ner ner" and i mean that with all sincerity :D

That's because you're so high up on the tier list you can't hear Nightblades crying at the bottom.

Use to be on a similar level until NB got gutted.

I genuinely like MagNB but mobility is an issue, so many counters to cloak. StamNB has a better time but has lost all of its buffs damage buffs. Just a squishy foam hammer now.

Edit: I will add that we've received only one nerf so far this patch which was shade, and is ***. Finally got the skill working after 2 years, nerf it next patch. But can be worked around.
    Edited by ThePedge on September 30, 2019 3:38PM
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    StamBlade is still strong. Especially gank builds.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darsaga wrote: »
    I think NBs are in a pretty good place now. Yeah there may be another class or two to get easier kills on, but finally NB feels rewarding to play. It was so easy before. They could use a little love maybe. I don’t think in the form of damage or survival though. Maybe something utility based. I think they are fine though so I don’t even have a good suggestion.

Watch out, NBs, this is exactly what the forums said about Sorcs after we were nerfed to Oblivion: "Sorcs are fine...etc"
    Edited by Emma_Overload on September 30, 2019 3:53PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Watch out, NBs, this is exactly what the forums said about Sorcs after we were nerfed to Oblivion: "Sorcs are fine...etc"

When was that? Sorcs are still top of the food chain.
    Edited by ThePedge on September 30, 2019 3:56PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    If you want to run NB without cloak, run a DK instead. Its better at it:)

if you want to run a crafter, run a DK instead. it'll be perfect next patch.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Somnilux
    Somnilux
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure to laugh or cry at the OP, as a stamplar that lacks both major fracture in entirety and can only get major brutality from potions, forward momentum or flying blade, or that bad heavy set from fungal grotto

Every class has its issues but this list comes off as clearly ignorant to the realities.

I'll also note the major fortitude/ward on Templars only lasts a little over 20s and requires a gcd and skill slot (thankfully it's not a wasted slot as we also get our major form of stamina regeneration from that ability as well as some other nice little bonuses.)

I mean personally as my other main is my nightblade healer, that frequently uses cloak and refreshing path I find that the passive granting ward/fortitude is up way more often when I need it than my stamplar and my fully light armored nightblade in base 9k resistances is significantly less squishy than my stamplar is, despite having no personal targeted heals and using healthy offering a lot. ;)

Nightblades are the only class with a source of major evasion, they have a unique source of damage reduction with grim focus, and best of all cloak drops tab targeting which makes it really hard to be focused in a crowd or group.

Stamplars are one of only two stamina classes with a cheap self purge, have a strongish heal/snare now that ritual of retribution scales with highest stat, our primary spammable does splash damage and we have minor protection built into our rotation, so it's not all bad.

I suggest playing more classes so you understand the nuance before you start trying to provide constructive feedback on nerfs and tuning.

ZoS makes plenty of mistakes and is frequently hamfisted in it's changes but posts like this sort of ruin any chance of you getting through just due to flat out factual errors.

Luxe Khanna - AD, Rank 49 Argonian Magblade Healer
    Crystala Khanna - AD, Rank 40 Khajiit Stamplar
    Guilds: Fantasia, Dominant Dominion.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They killed stamblade because its been the go to for pvp for so long and was the OLD teams baby reason their gutting it so bad trying to show their not part of that team lol its sad that even ZOS came to HATE stamblades :(

Top for What? Tank? Healer? Aoe? Group support?

This belief gets spread so much it's amusing. Stamblades were good at 1 thing. Single target damage.

It's cool if DK is the BIS tank since beta. Perfectly fine if templar is the BIS healer since beta. But if nightblades excel at single target damage, "the devs are bias," "nightblade is their baby." lol

Never mind the fact they destroyed every aspect of the class. Sap Tank? Heals from damage? Nope, it's bias until they nerf single target. Now, they excel at nothing, Its balanced. :D
    Edited by Royalthought on September 30, 2019 4:13PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

When you say they’re in a good place, do you mean a good place for other people to play or a good place and you’re going to main one.

I don’t know anyone who’s planning on sticking with NB in pvp unless they don’t have an alt.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 30, 2019 4:16PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Taktak
    Taktak
    ✭✭✭

Stam NB still Over Performing so it's need some nerfs to make it more balance .
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

When you say they’re in a good place, do you mean a good place for other people to play or a good place and you’re going to main one.

I don’t know anyone who’s planning on sticking with NB in pvp unless they don’t have an alt.

I don’t technically main any class. How ever NB and Templar Stam/Mag have my highest play time. Between PC and Console I have 28 max toons, and over 2k CP not counting the ones that were deleted and re leveled. My forum name does not match my in game name. I was once a content creator and was known as probably one of the most reasonable and non biased players. I have always played each class and recognize their strengths and weaknesses.

All I really care about is performance to be happy. I try to stay in the loop because I want to be able to enjoy the game e again-some day if performance is made tolerable. The forums are helping me kill time recently though and I am trying to put in a little of my own feedback just like everyone else.

• zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades and Sorcs had the better offensive skill setups compared to most classes. Instead of fixing other classes to bring their utility to the same level, Zos nerfed the nightblade and sorcs utility. While I didn't prefer the changes happening this way, it had to be done in either direction. Take for example wings, that skill got fundamentally changed because it’s main purpose was to prevent the user from being stunned or spammed by a range user. Cloak on the other hand only received a couple nerfs but still maintains it identity of avoiding enemy targeting.
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    This thread so salty. I love it.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

When was that? Sorcs are still top of the food chain.

If your "food chain" consists of french fries, tater tots, potato chips, mashed potatoes, potatoes au gratin and every other kind of potatoes... then yeah, Sorcs are on top of the food chain.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »

Nightblades and Sorcs had the better offensive skill setups compared to most classes. Instead of fixing other classes to bring their utility to the same level, Zos nerfed the nightblade and sorcs utility. While I didn't prefer the changes happening this way, it had to be done in either direction. Take for example wings, that skill got fundamentally changed because it’s main purpose was to prevent the user from being stunned or spammed by a range user. Cloak on the other hand only received a couple nerfs but still maintains it identity of avoiding enemy targeting.

You’ve got to be kidding. Over the last year they brought sorc and NB damage down and everyone else’s damage up. They didn’t downgrade NB utility, they killed it. I don’t think there’s a single utility skill NBs have that hasn’t been nerfed in some way, with the only debatable one being fear because they increased it to hit 6 people but removed minor maim.

Changing one skill - wings - on a class that’s still overloaded with buffs and utility isn’t even comparable.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »

You’ve got to be kidding. Over the last year they brought sorc and NB damage down and everyone else’s damage up. They didn’t downgrade NB utility, they killed it. I don’t think there’s a single utility skill NBs have that hasn’t been nerfed in some way, with the only debatable one being fear because they increased it to hit 6 people but removed minor maim.

Changing one skill - wings - on a class that’s still overloaded with buffs and utility isn’t even comparable.

Stamblade has lost:

Minor Berserk - but it being PASSIVE on Birds of Prey is fine?
    Major Fracture - We get 5% instead, which can stack but Mark Target, really? Also StamDK gets this on an AoE DoT, ours was single target.
    Minor Maim - But new stamina fear gets Minor Endurance and Minor Protection?
    Major Defile - Again, get a 20% damage taken on the enemy but why?
    Stun on ult - DBoS does competitive damage plus DoT, and is AoE. But this was too OP single-target?

Notice a pattern, all offensive. Did we get defensive buffs? I think Minor Protection of Dark Cloak is newish, but the heal got nerfed iirc. Also not useful on an assassin, why would I stack health.
    0-10% mitigation which is tied to being in combat and stacks, which are lost if we want to use burst damage. Quite good I'll admit.

5 nerfs, 1 buff. And im probably missing more, that's this year alone.

Edited by ThePedge on September 30, 2019 10:58PM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But have you really tried a Fury/Spriggans/troll king Stamblade. Have you. Really. That's how to get tanky. Build for it. This class has literally had everything since the beginning of the game.

And they are still weak to you? Really? Maybe, just maybe, now hear me out. This is a hard concept to wrap the noggin around, but, could it, maybe, possibly might could be....you?

Admittedly some other classes have I win buttons that stun-off balance-gap close (thinly veiled JAB btw) and need to be tuned.
  • Nomadic_Mind
    Nomadic_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    I only came here because your title looked like a crybaby Trump tweet.

Sad!