The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Who's excited for the Patch Notes?!

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I aint all i can thank about is what popped out the hat this time and where the dart hit because something is getting changed and we know how its done
  • bulcke10
    bulcke10
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    im refreshing this page every hour since about 3 hours ago.

coz i'd like to know sooner than later if i'm going to need a new game starting next month, or sticking to ESO.

new job, new baby, and xmas is coming!

Same here... If patch notes are not good enough today I'm leaving eso this patch.... And maybe come back next dlc. Chapter
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope they don't cave to the crying. I'm looking forward to the high skill threshold action based pvp that will return once dots, proc sets and spammable CC damage moves get worked out of the game.

You are totally clueless about pvp when you say such bs :tired_face:
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about being excited but it will be rather intersting to see what they came up with this time.
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverPaws wrote: »
    Hope they don't cave to the crying. I'm looking forward to the high skill threshold action based pvp that will return once dots, proc sets and spammable CC damage moves get worked out of the game.

Dont pick on the free AP let them keep dreaming
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly believe it will be disappointing so I am not looking forward to these patch notes at all
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qakbcgl8q1fw.gif
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This patch will make or break ESO. Most changes happen in PTS week 3 if there are any. And if there aren't, well, sayonara.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭

Everything he said was on point. I am actually kinda bored from 1vX s, where each opponent just cast 4 dots and spam dizzying swing until one of them stuns you with 7k dmg and stacked 5k per second dots just do the rest until you can break free. It is not even challenging anymore, it is simply not possible. Simply because no one has enough sustain to heal/purge all the dots for prolonged times, they are draining all the resources. Anyone say otherwise, i will ask if they ever did 1vX with a class other than magsorc or nightblade. I am clueless about PvE but for PvP; dots, high dmg-cc and proc sets used as zerging material or "skill-gap-closer". You cant kill a person with 10 people, and also get killed in the meanwhile and then call it "tank meta". Now that 10 people need extra materials to kill that 1 person.
    Edited by albertberku on September 30, 2019 1:04PM
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They wont change main view about the game combat 1 week.
    So expect to see the same.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭

so true.
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    Just built a PC, so this patch determines if I switch to ESO on PC or if I just play WoW Classic instead. Very interested to see the adjustments today!
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything he said was on point. I am actually kinda bored from 1vX s, where each opponent just cast 4 dots and spam dizzying swing until one of them stuns you with 7k dmg and stacked 5k per second dots just do the rest until you can break free. It is not even challenging anymore, it is simply not possible. Simply because no one has enough sustain to heal/purge all the dots for prolonged times, they are draining all the resources. Anyone say otherwise, i will ask if they ever did 1vX with a class other than magsorc or nightblade. I am clueless about PvE but for PvP; dots, high dmg-cc and proc sets used as zerging material or "skill-gap-closer". You cant kill a person with 10 people, and also get killed in the meanwhile and then call it "tank meta". Now that 10 people need extra materials to kill that 1 person.

Then just revert dots to update 22 ???? No one wanted dots to be overbuffed so much. My god these forums.
    Also dots are pretty dead on pts so maybe do your research before commenting.
    Edited by SilverPaws on September 30, 2019 1:10PM
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you ask for DoTs in pvp? in what way do they actually contribute to the skillful gameplay? The only players benefit from DoTs at the moment are the ones that play in groups against 1 person and duel builds that have 5 DoTs because otherwise they get outplayed easily.
    Edited by albertberku on September 30, 2019 1:17PM
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you ask for DoTs in pvp? in what way do they actually contribute to the skillful gameplay?

Because for example there is class that rely on dots ? Maybe go play more classes than just magsorc.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would you ask for DoTs in pvp? in what way do they actually contribute to the skillful gameplay?

Perhaps because there are classes that rely on dots for pressure since they dont have as many burst Tools as other classes? Also how is Pressing 1 key for a direct Damage instant cast more skillfull than Pressing 1 key for a dot?
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there are classes that rely on dots, but that doesnt mean you should do 30k damage with a DoT that has 2k cost. Then cast 5 different DoTs. A heal costs 3k-4k with 12k tooltip. A shield costs 3,5k with 12k tooltip. This is why they are lowering DoT damage. They are lowering it to a point, where it is actually fair. They are doing it by calculating, by measuring.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayshuba wrote: »
    Who cares. We know based on past patch history very little is going to change except for maybe a few numbers in a minor sense. The recent article made it crystal clear they feel players are in the wrong and that they know better about what is needed.

Unfortunately for them... you kind of need the players to keep the salaries going.......

ESO is doing well enough thanks to the Millions of new players, who do not know nor care about combat changes. They do not even notice, how desolate this game has become. They see the shiny new content and fashion and all is good.

Zenimax has made it very clear, that we veterans are not wanted or needed anymore. We have supported and payed for their game in the early years and now we are of no use anymore. We are a mere nuisance that disrupts their propaganda plan of picturing this game as the second coming of Auri-El.

We are like seniors. We built it up for the new generation and everyone is kind of grateful for that, but now we can please die so that we are a burden no more.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is doing well enough thanks to the Millions of new players, who do not know nor care about combat changes. They do not even notice, how desolate this game has become. They see the shiny new content and fashion and all is good.

Zenimax has made it very clear, that we veterans are not wanted or needed anymore. We have supported and payed for their game in the early years and now we are of no use anymore. We are a mere nuisance that disrupts their propaganda plan of picturing this game as the second coming of Auri-El.

We are like seniors. We built it up for the new generation and everyone is kind of grateful for that, but now we can please die so that we are a burden no more.

]

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, there are classes that rely on dots, but that doesnt mean you should do 30k damage with a DoT that has 2k cost. Then cast 5 different DoTs. A heal costs 3k-4k with 12k tooltip. A shield costs 3,5k with 12k tooltip. This is why they are lowering DoT damage. They are lowering it to a point, where it is actually fair. They are doing it by calculating, by measuring.

No they are not, you have very biased point of view which shows your lack of experience on more classes. Dots were not problem in update 22 and should be reverted to that point.
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    somethings wroooong I can feel it
    Just a feeling I've got, like somethings about to happen, but I don't know hwhat
    if that means what I think it means we're in trouble, big trouble
    Edited by NoodleESO on September 30, 2019 1:34PM
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    NoodleESO wrote: »
    Just a feeling I've got, like somethings about to happen, but I don't know hwhat

Gilliam be like

"I'm beginning to feel like a nerf god, nerf god"
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I'm not having any kind of expectations as long as PVP people is in charge of balancing combat.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gilliam be like

nah, GIlliam is just the scapegoat

if things don't turn out well next patch, ppl will blame him and will get fired, as simple as that
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭

Gilliam be like

if things don't turn out well next patch, ppl will blame him and will get fired, as simple as that

Well, my post was mostly satirical and I dont claim to know whoever is making the decisions, but the ones who put their faces on stream were Gilliam and Wheeler, and they are certainly being paid to design the combat in ESO, so...

Also they have way better scapegoats they dont even pay for, class reps anyone? ;)
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gilliam be like

Well, my post was mostly satirical and I dont claim to know whoever is making the decisions, but the ones who put their faces on stream were Gilliam and Wheeler, and they are certainly being paid to design the combat in ESO, so...

Also they have way better scapegoats they dont even pay for, class reps anyone? ;)

class reps are not even being heard and everyone knows that, Gilliam on the other hand is at the top of the wave

ZoS is a very big company and will guzzle Gilliam. They know what they're doing in order to make money but that's all so if they have to dispose an employee, well you know. My opinion is they need a visible face for the upcoming disaster.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have my finger on the "check out" button on my amazon cart for a new game. Can't wait!
  • Wheresthetea11
    Wheresthetea11
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have my finger on the "check out" button on my amazon cart for a new game. Can't wait!
    I had already bought one but then my Xbox broke and won’t allow me to save progress... Someone, somewhere, doesn’t want me to leave eso
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ivan04 wrote: »

we need more Gilliam in the natch potes memes at this point

2ucPYNI.jpg

Eyes down (or up!) for Natch Potes.

AeLvsQ5.gif

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe less measuring, more actually playing the game?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber