The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

High Latency and Crash-outs

Vandellia
Vandellia
✭✭✭
Game has been horrible the last couple of weeks Intermittent latency spikes that do not show up on in game meter yet things like skills mounting/dismounting npc access etc appear to be not responding to mouse/keyboard commands then after a delay where occasionally you may or not see a red latency number the skill /key command will suddenly trigger indicating latency this unseen latency (or what ever it is ) can result in a crash to log in screen. when you do crash to log in screen one of two things will occur, you will either be able to log into game and get to character select screen and select character and get back into game after a longer then normal load screen time or, Two, which happens to me most often, after logging into game and selecting character I end up in an endless load screen. bring up task manager shows zero cpu usage and high memory usage and no hard drive activity. closing or killing the load screen and re attempting log in and character screen results in returning back to the endless load screen post character selection. The only way to get back into the game at that point is to kill the select screen and the loader screen and then restart the launcher... Paying close attention to my characters position prior to crash-out reveals that there is a discrepency in character position before lockup/crash and where i am physically at when i log back in so that is indicative to me of some sort of "soft" disconnect from server not indicated by any sort of "lag"
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    Well the crash outs continue to worsen crashes during changing of characters crashing during entering/leaving housing are getting annoying .. It is to be noted that there is a constant high amount of memory usage in the game right now i can not say the amount is static but during the "forever load" screen scenerio the observed memory in the task manager is flat out static and there is no visible hard drive activity.