The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

suggestions for the most resent article related to class identity and its build

QuinnTheWolf
QuinnTheWolf
✭✭✭
Lets be honest, the next update changes alot and instead of whining and being sad for the nerfs

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57025
i foudn changes like bound armaments and growing swarm quite enjoyable! so lets stamina-ify some other skills shall we?

here is a list of changes to specefic skills that might sound good or are good ideas

dragonknight:
morph:
hardened armor, it provides a damage shield, changing this to a stamina ability realy represents the "hardened" part of the ability, make the description for example:
Release your inner dragon to gain Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280 for 20 seconds. You gain a damage shield that absorbs 30% hp on self, up to 5000, you gain minor protection for x seconds, why replace the low shield whit a 30% and cap and the dmg redistribution whit minor protection? becouse the templar has a pasive giving 3/6 seconds of that buff upon activating a aedric spear skill (if the correct passives are filled whit skillpoints)

sorcerer:
morphs:
restraining prison, this is a morph used for tanks to pin npcs to the ground (immobilization), it grants major vitality and immobilization this duration is increased up to 6 for enemys affected, making this stamina would be "showing the resolve of a warrrior protecting his group walking for ward as enemys bash his face in"

daedric curse, haunting curse and daedric prey in my opinion should all scale based on your highest offencive stat

mages wrath: this is the most unused sorcerer skill i know of, since endless fury is way better, however it can easily be adjusted to a stamina skill, it will then be changed to a stamina costing ability, the vicuals could be changed but not neccecairy (i think), the description will start whit "channel your physical power in a destructive blast, dealing xxxx damage to the enemy affected, enemys under 20% get stuck by a blast of energy dealing xxxx damageand xxxx to enemys around the initial target and affecting enemys hit by the area-of-effect and the initial blast itself whit minor weakness (a buff i made up reducing stamina recovery by 8%)" why the selfmade buff? think about it, this would be a good ability for players that use a bow utilizing sorcerer

nightblade:
morph:
cripple, crippling gasp and debilitate should in my opinion have their damage done based on your highest offensive stat, change the minor magicka steal to minor sapping (yes another selfmade skill i came up whit, it heals for 150 magicka and stamina per second wile active on atleast 1 enemy, enemys affected wont increase this buff but instead if a different enemy dies/gets healed/time runs out then the effect stays active due to you having more then 1 enemy affected), should all enemys in the field that were affected die/get healed/time runs out, then the effect will presist for 3 seconds? i donot know if its a smart idea for a presisting effect but ideas are ideas

templar:
morph:
solar barage: should deal damage based on your highest offensive stat in my opinion, you empower your arms whit empowerment wile the overdose of sunlight spills out of your body

warden:
morph:
i dont like saying it becouse i love the skill but it makes sence thechnicaly
ice fortress: gain minor protection upon use? it makes me think about mountain climbers enduring the cold, the rest is yours to think about and realizing why it should cost stamina

necromancer:
morph:
boneyard, avid boneyard and unnerving boneyard should deal damage based on the highest offencive stat, either xxxx frost damage (magicka and spell damage) or xxxx disease damage ( stamina and weapon damage)
for the costs? i dont know what so ill keep it at magicka, the reason why i treat this skill as a soultrap split thingy we got in scalebreaker?, if youre frozen its ofcourse a mage using the cold air of a boneyard to spook the enemy, but when a stamina user uses this id think he woudl summon corpses that are decaying away or spreading diseases or something, and as some of you might know, a dead body that decays stinks alot and if handled whitoud care can get you sick

remote totem, becouse you create an idol of bones and then trow it away, since trowing away an idol/totem/statuette it will cost stamina, i am sure where this one comes from, but it realisticly makes sence

spirit mender: this ability should scale whit your highest offencive ability too in my opinion, you are sacrificing your own life force (magicka/stamina) to temporarily grant life to a being of undead origins wich makes sence becouse necromances dont just play whit dead beings, they also sacrifice parts of themselves and their ethernal souls

my conclusion? despite the many typos i might make and my previous insomnia improvised topic, instead of roasting the developers, lets look towards an eso where mistakes are minimum, and even then some of the changes arrent bad at all, infact theyre good, having more options for stamina players is an absolut must and it does me joy to see its being worked on so this is why i came up whit the ideas

yes i had a topic i NEED removed as soon as possible, and to make sure it stays as much in the past as possible, i wont provide a link and i hereby ask those that respond to it not to search it and/or post it here

i need to know if there should be anyt changes made to the ideas
and what better way to find out then to ask the comunity?

i used the following sources to write this:
eso (duh)
https://eso-skillbook.com/
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57025

the authors of eso skillbook deserve a praise for their handywork, wich litteraly is handy, i mean if i open up steams background browser i could just use it to browse to the skillbook and search the skills and read the available info should i be unable to see the frames (sometimes my gme bugs out and i am unsure what happens, but thats a topic already being woked on (i guess))

i hope my dyslectia didnt made it too hard to read
may you all have a good day
Edited by QuinnTheWolf on September 28, 2019 8:49PM
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    The public news article is a bold move by ESO. The contradictions were noted, please read the article carefully and you will foresee the deficiencies of the developer's project plan. These proposed concepts won't change enough to distinguish classes and won't impact how dependent characters will be on non-class skills to fulfill roles.
    To better achieve this ideal while also maintaining the unique fantasy flavor of each class, all class kits need to include the basic tools required to fulfill each role. To be clear, our goal is for every class to be viable, not necessarily optimal, in any role without heavily relying on non-class skill lines.
    This is a quote on power fantasy, and here is the contradiction.
    After all, if class abilities are the embodiment of power fantasy and class kits include all the basic tools required to fulfill a role, why would you bother with using abilities outside those kits? The team is still exploring this problem space, but our current thinking is that non-class lines should fulfill two primary purposes.
    The state these non-class skills should be "gap fillers," however they've already stated the class kits will not be enough to optimally fulfill the trinity roles (tank, healer, or dps). Their posted definition on "class identity" orbits around the special effect, a/k/a source of power, and pattern play.

You have to read past all their ambiguous paragraphs to reach their "vision statement" about class identity and plausibly why the public relations article to the player base. ESO is moving into the next development iteration to reworking skill trees. Yes, subscribers are paying for untested and unproven changes. Reminds me of the statement, "buyer beware," when you bought a defective merchandise from an business that doesn't offer returns or refunds. Okay, sorry for the sidetrack there.
    What we don’t want is to create scenarios where, to be effective, you feel obligated to fill a majority of your hotbar slots with non-class abilities. Forfeiting your class identity should be an option, but not a requirement to engage in PvE or PvP content.
    This the statement everyone should pay close attention on. All of their power fantasy and pattern play defined what their parameters for class identity; THIS statement however, forecasts that class, guild, weapon, world, and vampire/werewolf skills are slated for change. It also contradicts their previous statements in the article.

For example,
    Successful ability design demands a healthy relationship between the triggering method and effect behavior. The new design for Bound Armaments in Update 24 represents one of our recent attempts to achieve this within the Sorcerer’s kit for Stamina builds.
    This was their recent attempt. Other skill changes, such as the Spectral Bow, were also attempts for unique triggering methods and effect behaviors. This is discouraging when the terminology of the article lacks confidence. For example,
    These play patterns are critical to reinforcing class identity by differentiating the experience along three axis: playing the same role with different classes, playing different roles with the same class, and engaging in PvE vs. PvP activities. To temper expectations, it’s highly unlikely we’ll ever reach a point where every class, in every role, feels equally unique in both PvE and PvP. But it’s an ideal we can continue to strive toward as we revisit class kits and skill lines.
    That's the caveat and reinforces the developers do not want to have strong class identities using their definitions, and why this game will continue to have incomplete class kits and why non-class skills will dominate the action bars. The developers will continue to patch-fix-change skills using the following rational,
    The team’s immediate focus on this front is to look at some of the more significant outlier cases where classes are lacking unique play patterns and over-rely on abilities outside their kit.
    This is where we are at now except we're going through a damage stack crunch called combat mechanic standardization. This article offers nothing substantial. I read a lot of excuses and colorful text attempting to support and empower, "play as you want," without really addressing current problems in the game.
    Edited by Sahidom on September 29, 2019 5:24AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    See the thing with hardened armor is, good stamDks almost always prefer the other morph, volatile armor. Not because hardened armor is terrible, but because volatile armor is the most reliable way for stamDk to reveal nightblades out of cloak.

So really, hardened armor should have been a POISON copy of volatile armor, costing magicka but scaling from stamina, doing physical damage.

Why give DKs minor protection when DK is already the number one class at tanking? Every ability stamDK could use is either sacrificed for magDK, tank DK, or healer DK. Tank Dks already get to have igneous shields, green dragon blood, chains, talons, why do they need another free shield on top of all that? Its just unreasonable.

That would give magDks a way to proc poisoned, if they choose to run the other morph, and stamDKs also get to have their utility skill actually scale with their primary resource.

Its such a nobrainer , but I'm expecting emphaty and reasonable changes, how dare I...
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on September 29, 2019 6:31AM
  • QuinnTheWolf
    QuinnTheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    you are correct, it was just an idea, but turning the useless morph of scaled armor into a stam/poison version of volatile is a beter choise (for pvp atleast)

but pve content is also important, thats why balance (morph of equilibrium) is such a good gap filler, however they wana reduce this gap filling, so i guess the situation is quite hard to resolve

as for the 1st post (from sahidom) thats what i am trying to do, there are more mag skills then stam, wich makes it quite a dificult task to create proper ideas, afterall ideas are just ideas, and yes i red the entire post and well the reason i sprouted this topic was becouse im am kind of standing on my toes, i mean if they make 1 wrong move eso might ehm, id rather not talk about that hehe

thanks for the advice/ideas
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness you created a separate post for you chapter length review of ZoS’s article.

Otherwise I wouldn’t have read it.