Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK Stone Giant - Stagger mechanic question

Olupajmibanan
Olupajmibanan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Stone Giant (moprh): This morph no longer grants Minor Resolve after casting, but instead enhances the “Stagger” mechanic where enemies affected take 25 extra damage from any attack, per stack.

I've been able to partialy test this mechanic. It increases damage of all attacks, including dot ticks, by a flat amount.

My question is, as I don't have time to test it, does this work as a classic vulnerability debuff, thus increasing damage of all party members attacking the debuffed enemy? Or is it only for the casting Dragonknight?

Thanks for answers.
Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 28, 2019 3:21PM
  • Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭
    Afaik it is a debuff, which means every person attacking the target will deal more damage.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Germakochi wrote: »
    Afaik it is a debuff, which means every person attacking the target will deal more damage.

yup
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is only worth it in Trials, right? Where there are 10 DPS doing damage. In PVP, this is quite useless mechanic, unless you surf a 20-man zerg.
  • Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭
    We still don't know how this exactly works. The effect is removed after 5 stacks when the opponent gets stunned but the bosses are immune to stun so I don't know if you can keep 5 stacks on the boss. It might be hard for the tanks to sustain it because it costs stamina but a Stamina-DK would be able to apply it in a raid or dungeon. I find this skill not very useful in PvP if you don't use it as a spammable because otherwise the uptime of the stacks will be so low, that the difference won't be noticable at all.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 stacks and reckon will blow for pvp…...
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. the stagger will do jack *** in pvp.

however, the initial damage and the minor brut proc from it is pretty good.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber