The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone care to speculate on dps thus far...

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Granted its only week 2 but have folks been testing/playing/dicking around with the changes and if so, hows it looking? I cant get the PTS to load which sucks but am keen what class mag wont suck eggs once the dust settles.
So yea, if you have done some/any testing or just wanna ponder a guess, pipe in!! ;)
  • IneedaDollar
    IneedaDollar
    ✭✭✭
    Would say 20 percent less dps from last patch + necromancer ultimate nerf which will impact group dps.
    Except DD playstyles getting weird this is a good thing since we hopefully will see less stamcros and maybe its enough to help with the skipping mechanics problem.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPS is lower, which puts pressure on sustain.

I have not had a lot of time on PTS this time. I solo'ed FG1 on my dual pet sorcerer with no problems, other than sustain. That was a quick and easy test for me. If I have more time, I will do more testing.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like waiting for week 3 would be a good idea since I have a feeling that they will go for a partial revert on dot nerfs.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried 3:
    Magden (my main): 43k 6 mil; 62k 21 mil
    Magblade: 38k 6 mil; haven't tried 21 mil
    Magplar: 38k 6 mil. I have no idea what I'm doing though, so I think people who know what they're doing could go much higher.

Bonus stam:
    Stamblade (was my main for the better part of a year): 37k on 6 mil. The class is dead.
    Stamden: 43k on 6 mil; 63k on 21 mil. By far the strongest of the five I've tried. Numbers-wise it's close to the magden, but the magden doesn't consistently pull 43k- that was my best parse. With stamden 42/63k are easy.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried 3:
    Magden (my main): 43k 6 mil; 62k 21 mil
    Magblade: 38k 6 mil; haven't tried 21 mil
    Magplar: 38k 6 mil. I have no idea what I'm doing though, so I think people who know what they're doing could go much higher.

Bonus stam:
    Stamblade (was my main for the better part of a year): 37k on 6 mil. The class is dead.
    Stamden: 43k on 6 mil; 63k on 21 mil. By far the strongest of the five I've tried. Numbers-wise it's close to the magden, but the magden doesn't consistently pull 43k- that was my best parse. With stamden 42/63k are easy.

Care to share what skills you are using/trying out for Stamden? Whats working? Magden as well?
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    Care to share what skills you are using/trying out for Stamden? Whats working? Magden as well?

Absolutely :)

Stamden
    Race: Bosmer
    CP: I don't have the exact setup right now since I'm not in-game, but it's allocated heavily in master-at-arms and physical weapons expert. Almost nothing in Thaumaturge.

Front bar: Subterranean Assault, Dive, new stam morph of Swarm, Bull Netch, Bird of Prey
    Back bar: Endless Hail, Barbed Trap, Bird of Prey. The other 2 slots aren't used so I've just been putting Animal Companions skills there for the weapon damage perk.
    Bear ulti

Armor: imperfect Relequen (since I don't have perfect on live), all Divines with stam enchants
    Monster: Stormfist, both Divines. I've been running both pieces in medium weight
    Weapons/jewelry: front bar daggers + jewels are New Moon Acolyte. Main hand is Precise with a poison enchant; off-hand is infused with an absorb stam enchant. Necklace is bloodthirsty; rings are infused. All have physical damage enchants.

vMA bow on back bar, infused with a weapon damage enchant.

Thief mundus.

Weapon power potions

Rotation: netch, then trap -> hail -> swap -> sub assault -> swarm -> dive -> sub assault
    Then it's just sub assault -> dive x2 until trap/swarm/hail/netch needs to be refreshed or the ulti is ready

As things stand on the PTS, I'm pulling the highest DPS numbers using sets that add weapon or spell power. There exist plenty of sets that increase weapon/spell damage by 400 or 450, but only when using certain weapons or certain abilities (War Maiden, Silks of the Sun, Sword Singer, Sword Dancer), and I’ve not found them to be super helpful. Magicka players have access to sets that increase spell damage across the board, like Siroria, Spell Strategist, Scathing Mage, but I cannot seem to find any stam sets that do this beyond Briarheart, and it's produced rather lackluster DPS. New Moon Acolyte gives a massive flat bonus to weapon damage that applies to *any* damage, not just dual wield/poison damage/whatever. It’s out-parsing every other set I’ve tried (Advancing Yokeda, Lokke [though I didn’t use the “no monster helm” setup], Briarheart, Twice-Fanged Serpent, Strength of the Automaton, etc) by miles. The netch helps a lot to make up for the sustain loss. Sustain in the 3 and 6 mil dummies can get a bit tenuous at times but still does fine; it’s a non-issue on the 21 mil. For stamden at least- my stamblade cannot sustain her rotation when wearing NMA.

I’ve tried the Warrior mundus; the Thief/Shadow do a bit better, but the difference isn’t huge

Daggers > swords. I know that swords give a raw damage increase, but the crit chance from the daggers seems to help more

Stormfist > Velidreth, though I need to test more monster sets since Stormfist doesn’t seem like it would be great in mobile fights.

At *least* one piece of jewelry needs to be Infused. Ideally two. Running all three as bloodthirsty resulted in a DPS loss for me.

Magden
    Race: Breton
    CP: Again, I don't have the exact setup right now since I'm not in-game, but it's allocated heavily in master-at-arms and staff expert. Almost nothing in Thaumaturge.

Front bar: Deep Fissure, Elemental Weapon, Fetcher Infection, Betty Netch, Bird of Prey
    Back bar: Unstable Wall, Barbed Trap, Elemental Drain (for the magickasteal on the 3/6 mil dummies), Bird of Prey, Betty netch to fill the extra unused slot
    Bear ulti

Armor: imperfect Siroria (since I don't have perfect on live), all Divines with mag enchants
    Monster: Zaan, both Divines with mag enchants
    Weapons/jewelry: Front bar inferno staff + jewels are Spell Strategist. Staff is Precise with a flame enchant; jewels are 1x bloodthirsty, 2x infused with spell damage enchants on all. Same rule holds as described above: at least one, and ideally two, jewelry pieces should be infused.

vMA inferno staff on back bar, infused with a weapon damage enchant.

Thief mundus.

Spell power potions

Rotation: activate netch, then ele drain -> trap -> unstable wall -> swap -> fissure -> swarm -> elemental weapon -> fissure
    Repeat fissure -> ele weap x2 til you need to refresh trap/wall/ele drain/netch or activate ulti. The rotation is nice because you should only ever have to cast two abilities on the back bar: unstable wall + trap or unstable wall + ele drain. I’ll refresh trap/drain a bit early to be able to keep the back bar rotation short to help with Spell Strat uptime.

Siroria + Zaan + Spell Strategist results in the highest DPS, but again, NMA is close. In actual fights where you have to move too much for Siroria to be useful, NMA is going to perform much better. I don’t think that all classes will be able to use NMA without significant sustain issues, but the netch helps Wardens a lot. Spell Strategist is a must- with the abbreviated rotation, I’m able to hit 97% uptime or so and it adds a ton of spell power

I hope that helps some! I’m not a mega DPS machine, but these setups seem to be working well for me and I’m getting decent DPS

• Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers for that!!!! Awesome!!
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope that helps some! I’m not a mega DPS machine, but these setups seem to be working well for me and I’m getting decent DPS

That actually a better view for me as its something I see as more obtainable!
    With Stam, how are you finding the new bugs doing? Worth having? On paper it feels like a fun and viable fit but not if they don't do anything, right?
    And thanks again!!! ;)

Also, no dots eh.....and no weapon skills? interesting....
    Edited by Joxer61 on September 30, 2019 6:44AM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

With Stam, how are you finding the new bugs doing? Worth having? On paper it feels like a fun and viable fit but not if they don't do anything, right?
    And thanks again!!! ;)

Absolutely obtainable :) What I'm finding is that it's easier to hit relatively high DPS numbers (I think that 30k will be much more doable for a lot more people) but a lot harder to hit significantly higher... I can hit 36k on every class I've tried, but getting above 40k is much more difficult. So there's only a 6k difference between what I can get with a pretty casual rotation and what I get when I do my full rotation.

I do think that the stamina version of Swarm is worth having! I'm using it and it feels good- and you can also load your entire front bar with Animal Companions skills, which helps weapon damage a lot. I've found that Wardens are able to retain quite a bit of class identity even with the nerfs, though I'm still sad that Winter's revenge has been nerfed into uselessness on my magden :(
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Average DPS loss after adjusting build is about 20-25% single target, much worse for AoE. Pet Sorc seems to be affected least with only about 15% decrease. Optimized group DPS lost at least another 5% from the Major Vuln nerf.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on September 30, 2019 11:17PM
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And thanks again!!! ;)

Absolutely obtainable :) What I'm finding is that it's easier to hit relatively high DPS numbers (I think that 30k will be much more doable for a lot more people) but a lot harder to hit significantly higher... I can hit 36k on every class I've tried, but getting above 40k is much more difficult. So there's only a 6k difference between what I can get with a pretty casual rotation and what I get when I do my full rotation.

I do think that the stamina version of Swarm is worth having! I'm using it and it feels good- and you can also load your entire front bar with Animal Companions skills, which helps weapon damage a lot. I've found that Wardens are able to retain quite a bit of class identity even with the nerfs, though I'm still sad that Winter's revenge has been nerfed into uselessness on my magden :(

Ok....awesome to hear!! Interested in testing StamDKs??? Or have you at all? Wondering how the whole rock chucking thing is panning out. Saw a few vids on it but some actual playing it would be cool to hear. And thanks again! You have been ahuge help and my eyes into the PTS of which I cant get to load!!!! grrr……. ;)