The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Domihaus set not doing the damage as intended

Aragorn79
Aragorn79
✭✭✭
I have been using the Domihaus monster set for about a month now and wanted to test it in comparison to other monster sets like Grothdarr that also do damage over time. So when the set procs with the ring of fire, the enemies or monsters inside the ring do not take damage. It says on the skill that it will do damage (flame or physical) for 10 seconds. But I tested this with the proc active and the monsters inside the ring were not taking any damage at all. Compared with the Grothdarr set, where monsters take the damage from the proc and you can see them taking the damage, here nothing happens and the health of the monsters is not being diminished. So I ask ZOS to investigate what the problem with the damage of the proc of this set here is. Thanks.

Playing on PC EU. Set tested on a mag toon, so ring of fire and flame damage expected.
Just to clarify, set is being activated, ring of fire appears as intended after doing damage BUT, monsters inside the ring do not take the damage they otherwise should be taking from the set alone.
PC EU
DC D'aryn, Breton Magblade
DC T'agwyr, Redguard Stamblade
EP B'eryth, Nord Magsorc
EP K'ewan, Nord Magplar
AD L'adaryel, High Elf MagDK
AD S'eladiel, Wood Elf StamWarden
DC D'evyn Imperial StamDK
DC G'avyn Breton MagNecromancer
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been known since Horns of the Reach was on PTS that Domihaus doesn't/isn't supposed to do damage inside the ring, only on the edge. That's a big reason why it isn't really used much.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean, it is pretty clear that the ring is the only part that deals damage from the description
    When you deal damage, you have a 15% chance to create either a ring of fire or ring of molten earth around you for 10 seconds, which deals 11-1000 Flame damage or 11-1000 Physical damage every 1 second. Standing within the ring grants you 2-200 Spell Damage or 2-200 Weapon Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

compared to grothdarr-
    When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance create [sic] lava pools that swirl around you, dealing 20-1800 Flame damage to all enemies within 8 meters of you every 1 second for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Ring around you..deals damage VS lava pools swirls arounds you.. damage to all enemies within 8 meters

that said every time this set is on the golden, i say the same thing, either the procs damage needs to be the entire area inside the ring, not just the edge or the weapon/spell damage needs to be amped to like 350. either one would bring this set up to usefulness, both would be preferred.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on September 26, 2019 5:05AM
  • Aragorn79
    Aragorn79
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your clarifications. For me it was not clear from the description that the damage is only the ring itself and not the area inside, since that doesn't make sense, but now at least I understand it. Thanks.
    PC EU
    DC D'aryn, Breton Magblade
    DC T'agwyr, Redguard Stamblade
    EP B'eryth, Nord Magsorc
    EP K'ewan, Nord Magplar
    AD L'adaryel, High Elf MagDK
    AD S'eladiel, Wood Elf StamWarden
    DC D'evyn Imperial StamDK
    DC G'avyn Breton MagNecromancer
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually don't think that the description is very clear, and I assumed the same thing the OP assumed. Especially since the second sentence says you get a dmg buff when standing "within" the ring." Who would assume that one area does one thing and a different area does something else? Putting "within the ring" in the second sentence without being more specific in the first sentence, kind of insinuates that the ring and everywhere within is the effective area. Definitely needs rewording.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still think this set is good for one thing and that’s one of the best looking helmets in the game
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nickl413 wrote: »
    I actually don't think that the description is very clear, and I assumed the same thing the OP assumed. Especially since the second sentence says you get a dmg buff when standing "within" the ring." Who would assume that one area does one thing and a different area does something else? Putting "within the ring" in the second sentence without being more specific in the first sentence, kind of insinuates that the ring and everywhere within is the effective area. Definitely needs rewording.

"Create ring that deals damage, standing inside ring gives weapon damage" There are only 2 possible paths to misunderstand the set. One is not understanding what ring means, second is assuming ZoS doesnt know what ring means :D
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

"Create ring that deals damage, standing inside ring gives weapon damage" There are only 2 possible paths to misunderstand the set. One is not understanding what ring means, second is assuming ZoS doesnt know what ring means :D

This is a very common source of confusion, actually, to the point that it comes up fairly regularly on the forums. As a teacher, I'd prefer that ZOS fix the wording to clarify something that does regularly cause misunderstandings.

However nonsensical, it is intended that only those enemies standing ON the ring take damage, not those inside.

It wouldn't be hard to change the wording to make that completely clear.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

This is a very common source of confusion, actually, to the point that it comes up fairly regularly on the forums. As a teacher, I'd prefer that ZOS fix the wording to clarify something that does regularly cause misunderstandings.

However nonsensical, it is intended that only those enemies standing ON the ring take damage, not those inside.

It wouldn't be hard to change the wording to make that completely clear.

I know. My point was more that the tooltip isnt lying and is saying exactly what. Problem is nobody expects this behavior despite the tooltip so I definitely agree the tooltip should have been triple more precise about it or better yet, the set should never have this odd mechanic :D