The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

can i apply new base game to my old account?

pazuzu669
pazuzu669
Soul Shriven
I've been trying to explain situation to the customer service but still didnt get a proper answer what im looking for so here is the deal;
I purchased game via steam at november 28, 2015 and THE EDITION IS THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: TAMRIEL UNLIMITED™ PC/MAC DIGITAL EDITION
SO if i buy base game which gives summerset and morrowind, will i be able to apply it to this account? i just dont wanna create all characters and do the all progressions waay back from start..
this account also steam linked and game is purchased by steam long time ago.. so whats the situation ill face with? someone can enlighten me.. TY
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you already own the game on your account, you have to buy the digital upgrade/DLC. You can't buy a new base game and just add the parts you want to an existing account.

ZOS adding Chapters to the new base game is aimed at new players, not old players returning.
  • pazuzu669
    pazuzu669
    Soul Shriven
    the problem is steam is only shows me to buy the base game. so even if i buy i wont be able to upgrade current account ?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's kinda funny. I bought my copy November 27, 2015 through Steam. That's pretty cool!

Does choosing "Find more DLC in Store" give you any options?

I own all the content currently sold on Steam, so I'd can't see your options. When I bought Elsweyr, IIRC I had a choice between the regular Elsweyr digital upgrade and the collectors edition Elsweyr digital upgrade.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking online in more depth, I'm getting some very mixed answers, especially once Steam is thrown in the mix.

For example: this response seems to indicate that its possible, if somewhat convoluted: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/401899/i-have-an-account-on-bethesda-net-can-i-buy-expansions-on-steam-for-it

So honestly, I'd probably go with whatever Support has told you. If they haven't been clear, I generally find that telling them "No, that didn't answer my question, my question is XYZ" works pretty well.

Sorry if I've made this more confusing than it needed to be!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a more precise set of steps that I found that suggests it is possible: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/ah3rrk/psa_you_can_add_the_eso_collection_or_elsweyr/

So I may have been mistaken, originally. Sorry about that!
  • pazuzu669
    pazuzu669
    Soul Shriven
    steam doesnt say anything like upgrade or so, it shows like i dont have eso in product page, but i can see eso in library.. still want me to buy base game which i would its ok, seems the version i have is really old and called tamriel edition, so i was wondering if i buy base game which contains morrowind and summerset will it be upgraded ^^ i dont wanna lose all my progression and character thats the problem :) and steam is way cheaper for eso subs ^^
  • pazuzu669
    pazuzu669
    Soul Shriven
    so some say u can do that some say u cant ^^ i already linked my account to steam, really dont wanna buy to play from fresh start :D
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭
    Problems like this is part of the reason I avoid using Steam for any MMO! Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Steam itself, in fact I own 64 games on Steam, but none of them is an MMO. Don't know why but for some bizarre reason once Steam is involved players experience weird problems, usually in what is normally a simple and straightforward process!

I suspect the problem here is that the OP owns an older version of the game on Steam which is no longer available (as I recall Tamriel Unlimited is the version from back when the game went F2P) and has subsequently been "replaced" by the "Standard Edition" which includes the base game and Morrowind. So even though you're seeing "ESO" in your game library it's a different version than the currently available version.

When visiting the Steam Store page for ESO is the game shown with the "In library" flag to show that the game is already in your Steam library? I suspect it isn't because you own an old version that is no longer available to purchase on Steam.

When checking your actual ESO Account page what version of the game is displayed as owned? (Very first line on the right side, above "Account Status") This is the most important part because this is what determines just what you have access to in the actual game.

Which version of ESO do you want to buy? I only see two options for the game on the Steam Store ESO page:
    Buy The Elder Scrolls Online Standard Edition (includes base game + the Morrowind chapter)
    or
    Buy The Elder Scrolls Online - Elsweyr (includes base game + Morrowind, Summerset and Elsweyr chapters)
    What you see may be different in your country.

So what's the actual solution? Well I'm not 100% sure (some of the info in the links provided by VaranisArano is a little confusing) but so long as your Steam account is linked to your actual ESO account then whatever version(s) you buy on Steam *should* be added to your ESO account.
    Elder Scrolls gaming since November 2002 (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder Scrolls Online)
  • pazuzu669
    pazuzu669
    Soul Shriven
    Grizzly_UK wrote: »
    Problems like this is part of the reason I avoid using Steam for any MMO! Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Steam itself, in fact I own 64 games on Steam, but none of them is an MMO. Don't know why but for some bizarre reason once Steam is involved players experience weird problems, usually in what is normally a simple and straightforward process!

I suspect the problem here is that the OP owns an older version of the game on Steam which is no longer available (as I recall Tamriel Unlimited is the version from back when the game went F2P) and has subsequently been "replaced" by the "Standard Edition" which includes the base game and Morrowind. So even though you're seeing "ESO" in your game library it's a different version than the currently available version.

When visiting the Steam Store page for ESO is the game shown with the "In library" flag to show that the game is already in your Steam library? I suspect it isn't because you own an old version that is no longer available to purchase on Steam.

When checking your actual ESO Account page what version of the game is displayed as owned? (Very first line on the right side, above "Account Status") This is the most important part because this is what determines just what you have access to in the actual game.

Which version of ESO do you want to buy? I only see two options for the game on the Steam Store ESO page:
    Buy The Elder Scrolls Online Standard Edition (includes base game + the Morrowind chapter)
    or
    Buy The Elder Scrolls Online - Elsweyr (includes base game + Morrowind, Summerset and Elsweyr chapters)
    What you see may be different in your country.

So what's the actual solution? Well I'm not 100% sure (some of the info in the links provided by VaranisArano is a little confusing) but so long as your Steam account is linked to your actual ESO account then whatever version(s) you buy on Steam *should* be added to your ESO account.

In library i can see the game but in eso page it shows me to buy standart edition.

In eso account page is shows me that;

THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: TAMRIEL UNLIMITED™ PC/MAC DIGITAL EDITION
    Member Since November 28, 2015Standard_edition
    ACCOUNT STATUS

Active

and ill buy standart edition because i want to be able to buy crown and eso plus via steam. and your right its confusing but ill try to buy and we will see if its work :)