The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Update 24 - Bug Reports for Combat & Class Abilities

• SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat changes in Scalebreaker killed my trial guild. It folded into another. This set of patch notes wiped half of players in the new guild.
    Please pay attention to PVE players feedback:
    - No one likes *** sustain, no one wants to heavy attack.
    - Expecting ppl to kill adds/mobs 1 by 1 is unreasonable given the wonky targeting system
    - We were working hard on our parses, no one wants to see their parses go down by 20%.
    - Even elite end game players understand that power creep is related to OP sets and not skill damage
    - Light attack damage and flawed LA weaving mechanic is the highest potion of every parse and that is what makes huge gap between skilled player and new player or player with higher ping. It has to be addressed.
    - Balance and nerf fest are 2 different things
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    ganzaeso wrote: »
    There is no point in testing dot builds. Obviously 1/3 of the power will do 1/3 of the DPS. It is more effective to spam light attacks than stack 3 dots.

Dots are now weaker than they were at the start of the last update.

DK is left with maybe 1 - 3 effective build options for PvP.

I am so flabbergasted by this design, I can barely think of of anything to say.

@ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Why not stack the 3 DOTS and then spam light attacks? DOTs are exactly just that-- damage over time -- DOTs are meant to be cast and forgotten or applied and then re-applied later. One does not spam DOTs, otherwise they would simply just override themselves.

Ok let me explain this to you. Each dot deals 1.25 but it's over 10s so in general you loose 1GCD to deal .25 damage more of that one GCD but over 10s. If you want to use 3 dots you will earn .75 of those GCDs. But now you are using 3 skill slots, that can used better to e.g. get bonuses from passives or slot skills that will buff your OVERALL damage (even 10% more overall damage will give better results than using dots). In the end you will have simpler rotation with better damage without dots.

In PvP on the other hand, why use 3 skill slots to deal almost the same damage if you can have more utility, more defense or more situational skills?

In current state (PTS cycle 1) if you use DoTs you simply hurt your self.

JokeOverHead.jpg
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biting Jabs isnt scaling with master at arms cp like it should be after being turned into direct Damage.
    @Emasculate has his own thread up About it with a Video of testing included https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493761/biting-jabs-not-scaling-with-master-at-arms-champion-points/p1
    just Posting it here for more visibility since I didnt see it in here after skimming over this thread.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major sorcery is needed for Templars.
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    not sure if this is right place to report this, since it's about set that is broken because of the new changes of the skill.
    SET: vMA destruction staff, a.k.a Crushing Wall Set
    ISSUE: Elemental Blockade lasts 14 seconds. Set mentioned above should buff all light attacks during the duration of this spell. Unfortunately, this set stops buffing the light attacks at 10th second, which can be clearly seen on this video:
    https://youtu.be/Cvrg6XJrqNE

Thanks.

P.S.: Forum moderators where you at? This topic could use some cleanup as it is supposed to be for bug reports and not for sugggestions.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • titaniumdust
    titaniumdust
    ✭✭✭
    The VMA inferno staff is bugged on both PTS and live. It only works for 8 seconds even though both morphs of wall of elements are longer now.

jbdbg0sf5qsx.png

This image was taken from the live server using the longer duration morph.
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done more testing with Molten armaments, it seems to buff the heavy attack damage on every weapon type except for the off hand damage for dual wield, which is currently working properly on live. You fixed the lightning staff heavy attacks but broke the dual wield heavy attacks.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is even more bugs within templars skills than before, listed here
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6348498/#Comment_6348498
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The combat in PvP and PvE on the PTS I tested drained all the life and fun from my body and I no longer like it... Not sure if that counts as a bug but it sounds like a unintended consequence.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer doesn't need Grim Focus rip off, it needs CLASS SPAMMABLE.
    Get it together.
    Edited by KageNin on September 23, 2019 6:05PM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KageNin wrote: »
    Sorcerer doesn't need Grim Focus rip off, it needs CLASS SPAMMABLE.
    Get it together.

Take our stoRM fist
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 23, 2019 11:56PM
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerhesi wrote: »
    You can't have Dots doing less than 250% of DD. How are is this a new concept to any RPG?

You're waiting 8, 10, 12 or 14 seconds for something to do damage compared to what you do in a single DD ability. That DoT has to be easily over double damage.

Instead of nerfing DoT's across the board, why not implement a system through Battle Spirit (as suggested by many already) where DoT's of same type either cannot stack, or produce diminishing returns against an enemy player. This would solve both PVP and PVE. An example would be: Two players apply Entropy to enemy player. Because two of the same DoT are applied to one player, the damage of both DoT's is reduced by 50%, equating to the normalized 100% damage of just one Entropy. If 3 players apply, DoT = 1/3 damage. etc.

DoT's do not need a nerf. They need to be stabilized to not stack > this is the issue in PVP on Live. In addition, a separation of skill functions should be altered for PVP instances through Battle Spirit.

Also, to recap on other's posting...Templars need form of Major Sorcery other than pots or Rattlecage.
  • tahol10069
    tahol10069
    ✭✭✭✭
    Removing Major Sorcery from Entropy is so unnecessary. Why? Isn't it enough that the skill is gutted to the ground, what is the reasoning in removing Major Sorcery too? I have exactly two chars, and both use Entropy, used before it was buffed. Now I have to make do with an Entropy that will still give Major Sorcery aka Degeneration, and that is all it does. What a waste of a skill slot. I have never complained about a nerf before, but this really makes me to think that dev who came up with this needs to be slapped silly with Entropy.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Welp. Magsorc got maj sorc from Critical Surge.
    So.. the rest of you can go and get
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 27, 2019 4:29AM
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need ZOS to realize we need cohesion between DOT abilities and Burst by buffing class DOTs for classes that need DOTs to keep up sustained pressure like Magplar and DK, it's ok to give these classes more powerful DOTS sacrificing burst damage where as classes like Sorc, Nightblade and Warden who have strong burst, lower their DOT ability damage but have their burst stronger than Magplar and DK.

This allows each class to excel in there own areas of strength, allowing a unique feel and you can identify abilities around each theme.

This also makes better balance as when dots are gutted and burst is prevalent, Sorcs, Wardens and Nightblades arent just sitting ontop of all and if DOTs become prevalent, it's not templars and DK's standing over all.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer > Avid Boneyard > Synergy

The synergy ccasionally does zero damage to enemies standing within the tombstones after being consumed.
    (For reference, The Dot range of the ability extends beyone the tombstones.)

It's important that it works when you consider the 20 second cooldown.
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molten Armaments is still only working for the first half of dual wield heavy attacks. I have no CP, no gear other than 2 swords, and the only skill points invested is the skill itself. This is not a problem on live, the PTS has broken it.

ss9f4a5nriax.png

Edit: The small increase of damage to the second half should be from the major brutality buff.

797 X 1.5 = 1195.5 (Rank 4 Molten Armaments is a 50% heavy attack increase)

The first hit goes up to 1193 after it is applied, but the second only hits for 797.

Since dual wield heavy attacks are split between two attacks, it is basically only receiving a 25% heavy attack bonus, which is half than intended.

It may be that the second half is no longer being counted as a fully charged heavy attack, and I believe this bug was introduced to dual wield after you tried fixing the skill to work properly on lightning staves.

Edited by Arcanasx on October 1, 2019 5:55PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unstoppable brute morph lost it's snare (5.2.2). Base ability and other morph are ok, snare in place.

Also snare has strange mechanics, not compliant with patch changes, that snare won't cancel speed buffs that hard anymore. At 50% bonus speed snare still very potent like before the patch.
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on October 2, 2019 10:56AM
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

The Masters Axes do not work at all. They are supposed to increase the DoT Damage of Twin Slashes on each Tick, but instead do nothing.

ke63rdzofkf4.jpg

They do not increase the damage at all. Also the new stamina Morph from the little insect things can be negated. But it's a stamina ability now, so it shouldn't be possible.
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    Still undo no fix
  • stephbay123
    stephbay123
    ✭✭✭
    Reduction in dots is too much. Most players can easily heal through them as they and are used more for pressure. If you are going to reduce dots by so much there should be an increase to the damage when they originally hit. Spammables can do very high damage on impact and can be tough to heal through but dot spammables are not and give pressure over time. Example dizzying swing can do high damage each second easily but dot spammable now will do what 1k per second if that. Zos has now killed an entire way of playing.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dk skills not work with passive fixed yet same bug for templar where Unstable Core don't work with Enduring Rays passive still here.
  • ThePainGuy
    ThePainGuy
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS in the last week PTS notes said that the new change to dots this week will be around 33% weaker than live. But their math is off a little. First week PTS decreased dots by 50-60%. Increasing those values up 20% does not make them now 33% weaker than live, but closer to 37-38% weaker.

Example (100 * 0.5 = 50) week 1 PTS
    ( 50 * 1.2 = 60) week 4 PTS

Overall a 40% reduction from what is on live. I guess its a good step in the right direction.

Just got off PTS. My entropy on live hits around 30,000 tooltip. My PTS build with same exact setup hits around 17900 (18000) --> 40% weaker than on live.
  • Alliedrex
    Alliedrex
    ✭✭✭
    Scalding rune needs a balance pass. It is getting preferential treatment on both sides (damage and sustain.) The damage is getting higher and higher every patch in line with a dot. However, it is given the resource cost of a utility skill (which is much lower than an aoe dot.) In its current state I cannot see anything that would indicate that this ability is anything but a area of effect damage over time ability with an area of effect direct damage portion and has no utility unlike its other morph. The skill should be given a direction and balanced toward that goal.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ***ACTUAL BUG REPORT***
    ***NOT WHINING ABOUT GAME CHANGES***

Seeing as this thread has been pretty much hijacked by people complaining about game changes, I'm less then hopeful this post will get noticed, hence the banner. There is a serious bug with Shadowy Disguise that will cause an already underpowered class to be unplayable if it makes it live:
    Langeston wrote: »
    When attacking from cloak on the PTS, I am pulled from cloak before the attack, effectively negating the 100% chance to crit.

I saw in the patch notes that the following fix was made:
    "Shadow Cloak:
    Shadowy Disguise (morph): Fixed an issue where the Critical bonus from this ability could be consumed by abilities that could not Critically Strike."

As it stands, there doesn't appear to be any critical bonus at all.

Right now, my Magblade is borderline unplayable in BGs — weaker than every class I come up against in every regard that I can think of. If this "fix" goes live, I'll be lucky to burst down anything but another Nightblade wearing all divines that's already down to 25% health.
    Edited by Langeston on October 10, 2019 5:29PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And in 5.2.4 Unstable Core still don't work with Enduring Rays passive.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    =============================================
    BUG REPORT - VISUAL EFFECTS
    =============================================

Don't know if anyone else has noted this, but the animation for Puncturing Strikes is less synced up with the ability on the pts than it is on live. I have also noticed that every now and then it becomes really desynced. Like, my character is bending over more than usual and the spear at times is rotating through the shoulder out of sync. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it looks quite bad. I'd recommend not using the new visual effect sync and keeping it as it is on live.
  • Noszet
    Noszet
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer: Skeletal Mage doesn't proc Overwhelming Surge.
  • MyPrist
    MyPrist
    ✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »
    I've done more testing with Molten armaments, it seems to buff the heavy attack damage on every weapon type except for the off hand damage for dual wield, which is currently working properly on live. You fixed the lightning staff heavy attacks but broke the dual wield heavy attacks.

Now dual are fixed, but restro and lightning staff are buged.

Lightning is powered only on last hit, restro is now powered on 0%, so it is no difference = the same value of heavy restro stuff heavy attack with and without moltan armaments.

It is very bad for my main DK, my necro heavy attack now hits much harder becouse of passives. And i want to be my dk, not necro heavy attacker :(
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭
    I want to report a malfunction of the magicka dk.
    The first photo was taken in a scalebreaker patch:
    jjagfwhcryxb.jpgis2d56w1y7jo.jpg

Second photo in Dragonhold patch:
    duvg54vn4txj.jpggjs0sbd7rwkt.jpg

Builds and CP are absolutely identical, please fix this problem. It is also unclear why the cost of the lash is less by one.

Edited by Miloscpolski on October 24, 2019 3:04PM