The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Camera pans upward when moving forward and downward when moving backward (not mouse related).

tklawson
tklawson
✭✭✭
Over the past few days I have developed a problem when moving forward and backward when using the up and down keys. The problem does not happen when using W and S, but I prefer the directional keys. The camera slowly drifts up when I press the up key to move forward, and slowly dips when I press the down button to move back. I can use the mouse to "pull" the camera to the correct position, but this interferes with my ability to play. I tested a different keyboard, and nothing changed. Any suggestions?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @tklawson

For your issue with the camera panning upwards, you can try changing look sensitivity by following the steps below:
    1. Open the Settings Menu [Esc].
    2. Under the Controls panel, click on Camera.
    3. Modify the rotation speed for the First and Third Person.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also make sure that the up/down keys don't have any secondary bindings in the settings ...
    smile.gif

• tklawson
    tklawson
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @tklawson

For your issue with the camera panning upwards, you can try changing look sensitivity by following the steps below:
    1. Open the Settings Menu [Esc].
    2. Under the Controls panel, click on Camera.
    3. Modify the rotation speed for the First and Third Person.

This did not work, but after rebooting the computer 3 or 4 times, the problem finally disappeared.
  • tklawson
    tklawson
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Also make sure that the up/down keys don't have any secondary bindings in the settings ...
    smile.gif

That was the first thing I checked when I encountered the problem.