The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Wayshrines in your home

• thermatico
    thermatico
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want daily writ boards in my home! ;)
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see this implemented. It's a small request for a small reward and I don't see why it should be postponed.
    I am always up for convenance that should have been implemented from the start.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • FrancisCrawford
      FrancisCrawford
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I would like to see this implemented. It's a small request for a small reward and I don't see why it should be postponed.
      ghastley wrote: »
      We've already got the ability to go home from anywhere, not just from a wayshrine. Turning a home into a wayshrine is likely to end up with it being accessible from other wayshrines only.

Some of the homes have one just outside, and this idea devalues those, too.

No, no, no. Getting to the house could happen in the current manner, unchanged. What would be new would be exit-only wayshrines, exactly as in Cyrodiil base cities.

So the level of technology development required in this for ZoS would be minimal. Even better, reducing the total number of loading screens isn't just a huge QoL improvement for players, it would also greatly reduce the load on ZoS' servers, from loading screens themselves and to a smaller extent from the guild roster searches people use for jumping around.

This is such a good idea for ZoS that they implement it at no crown cost to players, in every house big enough for it to make sense. It's one of the easiest performance fixes they can make.

Edited by FrancisCrawford on September 12, 2019 5:36PM
    • Partomax
      Partomax
      ✭✭✭
      I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented, however, there are many things that should have a higher priority.
      ghastley wrote: »
      We've already got the ability to go home from anywhere, not just from a wayshrine. Turning a home into a wayshrine is likely to end up with it being accessible from other wayshrines only.

Some of the homes have one just outside, and this idea devalues those, too.

No, no, no. Getting to the house could happen in the current manner, unchanged. What would be new would be exit-only wayshrines, exactly as in Cyrodiil base cities.

So the level of technology development required in this for ZoS would be minimal. Even better, reducing the total number of loading screens isn't just a huge QoL improvement for players, it would also greatly reduce the load on ZoS' servers, from loading screens themselves and to a smaller extent from the guild roster searches people use for jumping around.

This is such a good idea for ZoS that they implement it at no crown cost to players, in every house big enough for it to make sense. It's one of the easiest performance fixes they can make.

I forgot to mention the performance aspect of this addition but I'm glad people are commenting on it
      PC/EU - This is a signature
    • jlboozer
      jlboozer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tbh I'm surprised wayshrines didn't come with housing from the start, not having them is definitely an inconvenience. I hope they add them, maybe as an item sold by the writ vendor for writ vouchers.
    • Commancho
      Commancho
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I voted no because I think you have to make some effort. If there was a wayshrine in your home, the fast-travelling would effectively be free. Plus you sometimes get a few nice mats on your way from your home to the nearest wayshrine.

Traveling it's already free with an add-ons. It would have changed nothing. You would still need to make two jumps to get to your destination point which means 2 loading screens.
    • DrFuzzyFish
      DrFuzzyFish
      ✭✭
      I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented, however, there are many things that should have a higher priority.
      I don't mind that much, but would be disappointed if its only obtainable by you buying it, as I cant see it requiring a lot of effort to implement. Also adding things for free tends to entice new players or old players to return which is always nice
      “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
      Death thought about it.
      CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.”
      ― Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
    • randomkeyhits
      randomkeyhits
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      A reasonable QOL improvement for the players. We get something.

When you load into a zone, your details are broadcast to all the other players in the area and all their details are sent to you. With few players in a zone its not much and doesn't impact loading times much, do this in a popular zone and the traffic is ...... significant. So its a load on the game servers. Remove unnecessary zoning in, remove unnecessary server load. ZOS get something too.

Its a win/win.
      EU PS4