The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help srtarting ESO from Steam

gurgamel
gurgamel
Soul Shriven
Yo, So i baught eso for my friend on steam cous i fought it would be easy for him, but nooo. He is very hyped but its fading wich is sad.

When we start the game from steam it wants to instal, choosing eng etc. accepting agreements (it should already be installed). A Quick bar loads and then nothing happens.

In the steam eso folder there is a eso program we can start that takes us to the regular logging screen. But when trying to login it says it outdated. So it looks like the games is installed but wont patch/start with the right app?

Also worth mentioning is that I also found two zenimax folders on sepperate locations (C: & D:) where i can start the regular launcher (the one we use who bought it from eso website).

I have tried runing Everything i could Think of as admin. moving the launcher and installed game to make steam start differently.

+ qestion, if we install the regular game, can he somehow with his steam account loggin? or chose what app steam launches when we click the play button?

//Oliver
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    @gurgamel

If Steam is prompting you for an install and when you try to open it directly from the folder it says it's outdated, you need to agree to install the updated version in order to continue.

If you have also installed the version downloaded from the website, this is stored in another location, so even if it is updated, this update will not be applied to the Steam version.

In order to use the Steam version, you must open it from Steam, you cannot open the Steam version from the version of the game downloaded from our website.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post