Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

How is "creating more options/systems for stealth gameplay outside of race" coming along?

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
From back in January:
"Reps specifically asked about the community’s concern that bosmers are trading stealth for different buffs. We were told that ZOS saw these concerns and would work on creating more options/systems for stealth gameplay outside of race."
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456997/class-reps-update-meeting-notes-jan-30-2019/p1

The racial removal of Bosmer stealth was a big turnoff for me. Has there been anything added yet that supports ZOS' intent to create more options/systems for stealth gameplay? All I've seen so far was the Darloc Brae set, which costs a 5 piece set and still doesn't allow Bosmer to regain the full power of their previous stealth ability.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am utterly indifferent to this. Bosmer are supposed to be BETTER at stealth than nearly every race, with it being a coin-toss between them and Khajiit. Anything they will do with "more options/systems for stealth gameplay outside of race" results in Bosmer being no stealthier than any Orc (traditionally the least stealthy of all races) and completely outclassed by Khajiit, which is complete and utter garbage. My wallet remains lost until Bosmer have racial passives that at least equal those of Khajiit so far as stealth is concerned.

But I suspect it was a prevarication, just to try to temporarily smooth over the outrage until people grew to accept this bucket of slop.
    Edited by Cundu_Ertur on September 9, 2019 12:00AM
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • ErinM31
    ErinM31
    ✭✭✭
    From back in January:
    "Reps specifically asked about the community’s concern that bosmers are trading stealth for different buffs. We were told that ZOS saw these concerns and would work on creating more options/systems for stealth gameplay outside of race."
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456997/class-reps-update-meeting-notes-jan-30-2019/p1

The racial removal of Bosmer stealth was a big turnoff for me. Has there been anything added yet that supports ZOS' intent to create more options/systems for stealth gameplay? All I've seen so far was the Darloc Brae set, which costs a 5 piece set and still doesn't allow Bosmer to regain the full power of their previous stealth ability.

I think it was stupid to remove the Bosmer bonus to stealth. :( It could have been different from the Khajiit and I don’t care whether the races were equal in stealth or one of them better but both should be better than other races. The Darloc Brae set is no substitute as split stamina / magicka recovery is not that good and I hate the sparkly effect when crouching. :angry:
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭
    From back in January:

Khajiit are at max, they can get as close as they want. Thats why it wouldnt hurt if Zenimax just raises the passive skill on medium from 5 to 8% or whatever is needed. Khajiit then has the advantage to be able to wear only 5 medium while others need 7 medium. Testet with Khajiit vs. Nord vs. Bosmer. Any race is on par with Khajiit with 7 medium plus a set with +2 meters.

I think the best set is Night Mother's Embrace. Rather easy to get in Deeshan or from Guild Trader. It would be good if there was a craftable set with reduced radius and cost. Maybe in a future DLC. It should be a set that reduces sneak and falling damage. Peace to Bosmer and Khajiit. Something like:

Rags of the Goblin:

(2) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (5) Reduce the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 15%
    (5) Reduce falling damage by 8%

For completeness the real available sets:

Night Mother's Embrace.

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (5 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Reduce the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 25%

Night Terror form Stormhaven is a nice set for sneaky hamsters too. I never tried to combine them ;)

(3 items) Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak cost by 27%.
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (5 items) When you take melee damage, you deal 2000 Poison Damage to the attacker. This effect can occur once every 1 second.
    Edited by mague on September 10, 2019 7:06AM
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    Night Terror form Stormhaven is a nice set for sneaky hamsters too. I never tried to combine them ;)
    I use Darloc's + Night Terror + Night's Silence on my non-NB characters. It's pretty crazy, even on a non-Khajit you can run right past an enemy within an arm's length and not get detected :D (not from the front though; the frontal detection range with this setup is 2 meters IIRC)

This combination is perfect for Heists/Sacraments :)
    Edited by Major_Lag on September 10, 2019 4:41PM
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt that any new system for stealth is coming and if it does, it won't make Bosmer better than any other race at stealth. The promise of new systems someday later felt pretty hollow at the time and has not been mentioned since. I hate the change to Bosmer from both a lore and gameplay perspective - it seriously soured me on ZOS and the game in general - but I doubt they will ever revert this.
  • ErinM31
    ErinM31
    ✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    From back in January:

Khajiit are at max, they can get as close as they want. Thats why it wouldnt hurt if Zenimax just raises the passive skill on medium from 5 to 8% or whatever is needed. Khajiit then has the advantage to be able to wear only 5 medium while others need 7 medium. Testet with Khajiit vs. Nord vs. Bosmer. Any race is on par with Khajiit with 7 medium plus a set with +2 meters.

I think the best set is Night Mother's Embrace. Rather easy to get in Deeshan or from Guild Trader. It would be good if there was a craftable set with reduced radius and cost. Maybe in a future DLC. It should be a set that reduces sneak and falling damage. Peace to Bosmer and Khajiit. Something like:

Rags of the Goblin:

(2) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (5) Reduce the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 15%
    (5) Reduce falling damage by 8%

For completeness the real available sets:

Night Mother's Embrace.

(3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (5 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Reduce the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 25%

(3 items) Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak cost by 27%.
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (5 items) When you take melee damage, you deal 2000 Poison Damage to the attacker. This effect can occur once every 1 second.

Thank for this info! I will work on getting these sets for my Bosmer nightblade. :) As I mentioned, I hate the weird visual effect from Darloc Brae (first time I saw it, I thought it was some kind of cue that I was unable to stealth at that time, lol) so I am glad there are other options. Why can one not also boost stealth (shrink detection radius) through enchantments??? I wouldn’t care if they were PvE only and of course one would be giving up the option to use the slot for another boost so I don’t think it would be OP. And how about options we could spend CP points on? Shade only reduces the cost of sneak. :/

• Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look forward to this for my Breton assassin 😎
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭
    No please don’t remind them there are so few stealthy bowblades in cyro at the minute it’s almost playable minus the dots and the lag
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D3N7157 wrote: »
    No please don’t remind them there are so few stealthy bowblades in cyro at the minute it’s almost playable minus the dots and the lag

Pretty sure this is a discussion revolved around roleplay
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    D3N7157 wrote: »

Pretty sure this is a discussion revolved around roleplay

And two purchased dlcs.
    And two skill lines.
    And a good way to make gold....
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭
    From back in January:

[...] All I've seen so far was the Darloc Brae set, which costs a 5 piece set and still doesn't allow Bosmer to regain the full power of their previous stealth ability.

Judging from previous decisions from ZoS, the release of the Darloc Brae set is very likely what they were referring to when they said that. It's easier for them to churn out another crappy armor set than it is to create meaningful character depth and specializations. I don't play Bosmer and didn't really care for their loss of stealth, but that new roll-dodge passive was the dumbest idea I've seen on here in a long time.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look forward to this for my Breton assassin 😎

My Breton assassin concurs!