The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO causes Xbox Party Chat bug, and requires cycling power on Xbox controller to fix it!

Darth_Pinhead
Darth_Pinhead
✭✭
I used to think it was an Xbox bug, but this ONLY occurs when playing The Elder Scrolls Online. All of my friends, using various brands of headsets, have ALL had this problem! After being in an Xbox Party Chat for a while (and the amount of time varies) while playing ESO... you will stop hearing everyone else in the game. THEY can still hear YOU, but not the other way around. Unplugging the headset (unless you're using a wireless one) will (temporarily) fix it, or cycling the power on the controller will fix it (temporarily). This has been going on the last few months, so I'm not sure when exactly it started (after Elsweyr dropped?)... but it wasn't doing this before (certainly not before this year)!

This never happens when I play other games, and it doesn't happen to my friends - except when playing ESO. I don't know if it's because there's a conflict with the in-game chat system (which is TERRIBLE), but if it is... a solution would be to give people the option of NEVER having the game auto-join voice chat. I hate when that happens, because after I leave Xbox voice chat... then I hear people that are in the ESO game channel.

Anyway... you people [ZOS] need to play the game enough to see what bugs we're talking about!