The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What to do as DK in PVP?

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ask ZOS for some BUFFS!

Buff DK!

Give us some mobility! (Don’t say RAT). Cost increases kill sustain. Food nerfs kill sustain. Help a DK OUT!
    Edited by JumpmanLane on September 1, 2019 11:40AM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask ZOS for some BUFFS!

Buff DK!

Give us some mobility! (Don’t say RAT). Cost increases kill sustain. Food nerfs kill sustain. Help a DK OUT!

We did just the improvement to the Combustion passive. Not exceptionally helpful for tanking unless you're in Leeching or using Noxious / Engulfing, but for DDs and in PvP I think it's a substantial help.

Edited by Urzigurumash on September 1, 2019 12:05PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    Haven't been playing much lately but the good StamDKs I've seen are running glass-cannon 2h/bow builds instead of the classic tanky s/b builds. They get insane healing potential when going full damage, and the burst is insane with Onslaught.

MagDKs are buffed all across the board, you probably need to adjust your skill bars to get the OP skills like Degen.

Magdk is not buffed across board there sustain took a huge hit it is bad now. Wings is crap I took that off my bar I get more defense using chocking talons for minor maim.
    I don’t even see many dks using wings anymore it’s about 2 out of 10 I’ve seen

You are insane if you think mag dk sustain got hurt. I have zero trouble sustaining in no cp with less than 1200 base regen on a very aggressive build.

Hint, read your combustion passive, and try using traits other than sharp/nirn/infused.

You will have to have close to a 50k mana pool with the costs of DK abilities to wait for Ult Resource Return passive. If not you will OOM in like 10 seconds if you're fighting anyone near competent.

You have to build for sustain. Says so in the dev notes, Attrition Class. You have to apply constant pressure because we don't have the 3 hit combo most classes have, Lash/leap/lash is the closest.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    Haven't been playing much lately but the good StamDKs I've seen are running glass-cannon 2h/bow builds instead of the classic tanky s/b builds. They get insane healing potential when going full damage, and the burst is insane with Onslaught.

MagDKs are buffed all across the board, you probably need to adjust your skill bars to get the OP skills like Degen.

Magdk is not buffed across board there sustain took a huge hit it is bad now. Wings is crap I took that off my bar I get more defense using chocking talons for minor maim.

You are insane if you think mag dk sustain got hurt. I have zero trouble sustaining in no cp with less than 1200 base regen on a very aggressive build.

Hint, read your combustion passive, and try using traits other than sharp/nirn/infused.

You will have to have close to a 50k mana pool with the costs of DK abilities to wait for Ult Resource Return passive. If not you will OOM in like 10 seconds if you're fighting anyone near competent.

You have to build for sustain. Says so in the dev notes, Attrition Class. You have to apply constant pressure because we don't have the 3 hit combo most classes have, Lash/leap/lash is the closest.

None of that is true in the slightest. Combustion + battle roar is one of the best sustain loops in the game. Add to that helping hands.

Dk doesnt have a 3 button combo? A fully empowered molten whip hits just as hard or harder than leap. When comboed with leap and engulfing flames, if your target doesnt have multiple active hots, or a really tanky build, most players explode from it.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »

None of that is true in the slightest. Combustion + battle roar is one of the best sustain loops in the game. Add to that helping hands.

Dk doesnt have a 3 button combo? A fully empowered molten whip hits just as hard or harder than leap. When comboed with leap and engulfing flames, if your target doesnt have multiple active hots, or a really tanky build, most players explode from it.

Not 3 buttons, but ok. You do you. If I could stand at a distance and charge molten with light attack/pulse spam I would agree. But you have to stand in a hot zone soaking bombs to land this combo. Good luck. And good luck if you don't actually kill anyone, you're going to the respawm area.

And if the guys tanky....or a Magplar anywhere in a 20m radius, like I said, good luck.
  • MizoreReyes
    MizoreReyes
    ✭✭✭
    You can elemental drain these healers, get your leap to 20k flame damage, and 3x stack empowered molten whip on them and the combo wouldn't be enough to finish the healer. After your failed glass cannon attempt that should have at least lowered the healer to 65%, you try to retreat with your weak wings on your back and because of MagDk's lack of mobility you get absolutely surrounded. Go DoT build and have all your DoTs cured or outhealed and then you get DoTs on you and now its your turn to do your best to outheal it.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can elemental drain these healers, get your leap to 20k flame damage, and 3x stack empowered molten whip on them and the combo wouldn't be enough to finish the healer. After your failed glass cannon attempt that should have at least lowered the healer to 65%, you try to retreat with your weak wings on your back and because of MagDk's lack of mobility you get absolutely surrounded. Go DoT build and have all your DoTs cured or outhealed and then you get DoTs on you and now its your turn to do your best to outheal it.

No, let them keep on with this. It's actually funny watching these guys get whipped to death because they are backbar spamming heals while I'm full pressure mode.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nejcn001 wrote: »
    Title says it all...most of of DK skills are low ranged, you hardly come close enough to deal damage, but when you do, you get blown up in seconds.
    Is DMG DK even viable in PVP? Should i focus more on tanking, supporting and anti heal sets?

1. use DK's Leap as ulti for gap-closer, add Invasion or Stampede if u got shield or 2H.
    2. learn how to combo to burst damage.
    3. set up backbar as "oh-***-gotta-run" bar.
    4. ?
    5. profit.

DK is easily the most viable (may not be strongest) class in PvP because we have very good (but not strongest) damage, backed by a very good (but not strongest) selection of defensive skills adn passive.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber