The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Serious bug

rnettle
rnettle
I managed to get out of the game play area in Elsweyr. Although I wouldn't recommend it, because after running across flat plane and falling off the edge I couldn't get back into the game, it finally said I had reached my message rate limit and kicked me out out of the game. Not even travelling to a Wayshrine would work. The Only thing what would reset things would be to delete the application saved data on the PS4. The game area can be breached at the end of Sleepy Senche Mine. When you are facing the open marquee, turn left up the wooden planks, then right, then turn right. Go up the short pointy rock face and jump onto the marquee (this may take a few attempts to get it right). Go across the marquee top and the jump onto the rock Face. On top off this you will be looking at the out bound play area. Going any further you may not get back into the game.
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    @rnettle I'm assuming you're fairly new to the out of bounds scene, but that's how it has always worked, and it's not a bug. You can fall under and out of any zone, or cell/world as they're referred to when creating the game, and one of two things will happen. If you're falling between the playable area, and a new, unloaded cell within the world, you will appear to bug out before eventually falling and being sent to the log in menu. Logging in will likely put you back into the spot you were at before falling, so you will need to contact support to be moved since you cannot teleport while falling. If you fall under the map just randomly, you will end up back on the surface you fell under when you log back on. In the case of getting stuck in a hole, or falling down to an area without a way back up, that is completely on you as the player, since that area is not meant to be accessed anyways. As someone who's managed to get out of countless areas, I understand the frustration that can come along with it. For future reference, be extremely careful where you go when out of bounds, as there are plenty of ways it can go wrong. I once hit a barrier that forced me to the main menu. When I tried to log back in, it wouldn't load the character, and instead crash the game. So take heed when stepping out into the great beyond.
    When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be it's scribe.
    -Martin Septim
    Member Since June 9, 2015
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    Also as a side note, unless it was somehow proven to work, I don't think a reinstall would work. Characters, as well as their positions are stored on servers, and therefore would always be stuck unless moved by a staff member. Happy exploring.
    When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be it's scribe.
    -Martin Septim
    Member Since June 9, 2015