The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New DOT PvP

gamerguy757
gamerguy757
✭✭✭✭✭
So I’m on Xbox and trying to prepare for the new PVP with single target DoTs. Now I’ve got my StamSorc ready with Bow/2H, but now with DoTs being crazy,
Is StamDK seeing a comeback?
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah stamDKs are garbage this patch still.
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is the PvP “meta” class? I have StamSorc and da/2h stamblade
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just check your death recaps for a couple of weeks - then just slot all that stuff :p

what has zos brought us now to kill one another...

I'm definitely looking forward to moving past this bash fest...it's worse than invisible oil...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 21, 2019 3:32AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what is the PvP “meta” class? I have StamSorc and da/2h stamblade

It's Nightblades with poison proc sets again.

You can run like viper with veli and sword swingers or something like that.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorcs can make good use of the new soul trap so if that’s what you’re used to playing it’s actually a bit better off this patch.

Stam DKs lost a bit of their umph due to the SB and corrosive nerfs, but I’m sure you can still do a strong dot build.

Medium armor took a big hit with the dot meta so if that was your thing it’s definitely a lot harder.
    Edited by Vapirko on August 21, 2019 3:33AM
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Stam sorcs can make good use of the new soul trap so if that’s what you’re used to playing it’s actually a bit better off this patch.

Stam DKs lost a bit of their umph due to the SB and corrosive nerfs, but I’m sure you can still do a strong dot build.

Medium armor took a big hit with the dot meta so if that was your thing it’s definitely a lot harder.

I was going to make a full offensive Bow/DW for build with a stamdk utilizing Poison claw, poison arrow, noxious breath, and flurry.
    Wait...StamSorc with soul trap?
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MagDk.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

I was going to make a full offensive Bow/DW for build with a stamdk utilizing Poison claw, poison arrow, noxious breath, and flurry.
    Wait...StamSorc with soul trap?

It’s physical damage too. So they should get a stupid high tooltip.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I’m on Xbox and trying to prepare for the new PVP with single target DoTs. Now I’ve got my StamSorc ready with Bow/2H, but now with DoTs being crazy,

See, that's your problem - you're still trying to use stamina in the Scalebreaker patch. It's "magicka dps or GTFO" so there's no amount of prep that will help you if you insist on using stamina builds. You will be melted because you will have no purge or enough heals to survive. Stamina is finally dead after two years in ESO. Magicka is back on the menu - get used to it.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorc will need soul splitting trap to help keep up crit surge heals. They also need to slot Troll King and/or Alessian Order for health recovery. D swing is not good in the current laggy environment, so I'm trying to move away from it until performance gets fixed.
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See, that's your problem - you're still trying to use stamina in the Scalebreaker patch. It's "magicka dps or GTFO" so there's no amount of prep that will help you if you insist on using stamina builds. You will be melted because you will have no purge or enough heals to survive. Stamina is finally dead after two years in ESO. Magicka is back on the menu - get used to it.

Dude CHILL with the hostility. I have both mag and Stam. I’m trying to get tips to prepare.
  • llElLoboll
    llElLoboll
    ✭✭✭
    Stamdk definitely isn't garbage but they are more difficult to play solo and small scale this patch.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude CHILL with the hostility. I have both mag and Stam. I’m trying to get tips to prepare.

I'm not being hostile and honestly don't care what build you want to use. I'm simply pointing out the flaw in your plan, nothing more.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I was DOTted so much that my healing ward + spam of rapid regen couldn't heal me. I moved to the corner watching my HP go down by itself every second. When I died, the stats were showing 4-5x of all kinds of dots, nothing else.

Personally, aside from few anomalies like mentioned above, I kind of like the change more and more.
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    just check your death recaps for a couple of weeks - then just slot all that stuff :p

what has zos brought us now to kill one another...

I'm definitely looking forward to moving past this bash fest...it's worse than invisible oil...

Be careful what you ask for, it always seems to get worse more then it get better lately.
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not being hostile and honestly don't care what build you want to use. I'm simply pointing out the flaw in your plan, nothing more.

So with mag dots being the best now, take it MagDk will be top with a Sorc close by? Or magblades?
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a mag Templar or a mag nb would do well. Idk. I play console.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe a mag Templar or a mag nb would do well. Idk. I play console.

Mag Templars do well. It's what I pvp on the most, and always has been.

I get consistantly wrecked by stamsorc (the same one) while I'm on my templar. They're a better player. I don't think that stam sorcs are dead in the water.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So with mag dots being the best now, take it MagDk will be top with a Sorc close by? Or magblades?

Most classes can benefit from the Scalebreaker meta, some moreso than others:
    - Necromancers have the Rapid Rot passive (10% more DoT damage) and have a class purge
    - Templars have two strong class single-target DoTs, one of which is an execute - they also have a class purge
    - Dragonknights have 1 strong single target DoT, several AoE DoTs, and can buff all Flame damage by 10%.
    - Nightblades have 1 strong single-target DoT and can also use cloak to suppress DoTs while they heal themselves
    - Wardens have 1 strong single-target DoT and have a class purge
    - Sorcerers have no single-target DoTs and no purge, but can use their burst on burning targets to speed up kills.

Of these, Necromancers and Templars favored more than the others due to their toolkit. Channeling HA builds with many rotating DoTs can be an extremely effective way to defeat foes. Infallible Aether buffs HA damage and can provide 100% uptime on Minor Vulnerability while your DoTs tick. Dragonknights have synergy with this strategy as well since Molten Armaments buffs HA damage significantly.
    Edited by Vercingetorix on August 21, 2019 6:10PM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still last patch standk was top pvp class but they aren’t as strong now best class now is magplar. Stam den is best Stam class I would say now. Standk isn’t that bad now
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc