Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cauterize ( Morph to Inferno on DK )

Somber97866
Somber97866
✭✭✭✭✭
Why doesn't this spell do like all the other spells like it and heal the caster or lowest health ally. ( Like the ghost for the necro or the matriarch ) plus it's every 5 sec where as the ghost is every 2 sec and matriarch is upon casting.
I know the pvp'ers aren't going to like this idea bc of the terror DK's are in BG's and Cyro but just curious if anyone thinks this was a poorly made decision on the Dev's part.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was changed a while ago to be smart heal maybe it got bugged again, but the main problem of it is long tick delay and low duration.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only wish they made cauterize to refresh molten whip automatically.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it does work like that, as a smart heal. However, on Providing a heal on activation plus every 5 seconds afterwards is a pretty long time between ticks. I'd suggest keeping the duration of 15 seconds, but increasing the tick frequency to every 3 seconds to help alleviate that. This would provide a total of 6 total applications of the heal at the faster rate, rather than the current total of 4, and result in a small bonus for any Dragonknight Healers that may be lurking around too.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same as the Khajiit. Just not enough to make it viable endgame
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it does work like that, as a smart heal. However, on Providing a heal on activation plus every 5 seconds afterwards is a pretty long time between ticks. I'd suggest keeping the duration of 15 seconds, but increasing the tick frequency to every 3 seconds to help alleviate that. This would provide a total of 6 total applications of the heal at the faster rate, rather than the current total of 4, and result in a small bonus for any Dragonknight Healers that may be lurking around too.

StamDK is nearly immortal because that change, so you wanna make em god mode you say?
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• MizoreReyes
    MizoreReyes
    ✭✭✭
    Its magicka cost is very low so you can spam it and it'll force the heals to reset.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hope when the class skill rework happens that Cauterize gets a cleanse component to it!
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its magicka cost is very low so you can spam it and it'll force the heals to reset.

Exactly, as a DK player myself I personally think this skill is a tad bit too OP due to how much it heals for the amount of magicka it costs. Honestly wouldn’t mind if they increased magicka cost by 60-70% with a purge component (maybe clear 2 Debuffs) so that it is a less spammy skill and more of a HoT.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why doesn't this spell do like all the other spells like it and heal the caster or lowest health ally. ( Like the ghost for the necro or the matriarch )

Because i dont want to waste a second slot on my other bar with the same skill.
  • MizoreReyes
    MizoreReyes
    ✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »

Exactly, as a DK player myself I personally think this skill is a tad bit too OP due to how much it heals for the amount of magicka it costs. Honestly wouldn’t mind if they increased magicka cost by 60-70% with a purge component (maybe clear 2 Debuffs) so that it is a less spammy skill and more of a HoT.

I'd go with a increased magicka cost of 25% and only 1 self purge. The reasons for why I chose this is because I don't want to disregard our stamina DK counterpart with their magicka issues, it can sometimes be unreliable as it heals the wrong ally, and because it is a single target heal and not a group heal. Honestly, the skill in my opinion isn't that op.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does work like that. it goes to whoever needs it. I actually like the odd way it works, shooting out every five seconds instead of being a shorter tick or any variation. You can cast it and forget it for a bit, you can spam it a few times in a row to shoot to someone in your group if you need to give them a burst heal. I run it as a PvE tank when I have the bar space for it and it's been helpful more often than most believe. Don't think it needs anything added to it IMO.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope when the class skill rework happens that Cauterize gets a cleanse component to it!

Wow, that's my new vet dream which I will push around!
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the skill tick every 5 seconds as is but apply a HoT that lasts 5 seconds for every tick. So it can workout to being 1 tick a sec but resets to smart heal every 5 seconds. It needs to do something more than just poke every once in a while.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »
    I'd like to see the skill tick every 5 seconds as is but apply a HoT that lasts 5 seconds for every tick. So it can workout to being 1 tick a sec but resets to smart heal every 5 seconds. It needs to do something more than just poke every once in a while.

This is a great idea, please do the same thing with the damage morph.