Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Warden: Does Nature's Gift (sustain) proc off 'Leeching Vines' lifeleech effect?

mierin
mierin
Soul Shriven
Can some proficient warden player answer this one, please? I googled for it but found only 'maybe' answers.

Nature's Gift description is somewhat ambiguous, saying you get stam and magicka each time you 'heal ally with Green Balance ability.

Now, Leeching Vines is a Green Balance ability and it puts lifeleech debuff on enemies.

Question: does Nature's Gift proc OFF THE LIFELEECH? So when ally heals himself through the lifeleech I applied (thru Leeching Vines), do I get stam and magicka from the passive or not?

I am not asking about the direct healing from Vines, that will certainly proc Nature's Gift.

I am asking about the lifeleech debuff you apply with it.

I am sure this question must have occurred to some tanks...

Thanks in advance!
Edited by mierin on August 17, 2019 4:40PM
  • mierin
    mierin
    Soul Shriven
    No ideas?
    If it only procs off the direct healing, then
    a) you do not get ANY sustain from Nature's Gift if you use Vines on yourself (it says 'heal ally' so not yourself)
    b) you do not get ANY sustain from Nature's Gift through the lifeleech debuff it applies

So basically your only way forward is to force it on some ally who is likely to take a lot of damage... which is impossible since the targeting of Vines is very weird, you cannot force it to target specific characters.

Everyone's talking highly of Nature's Gift, saying how awesome it is for tank sustain.

Only way I can see it proccing every second is if it works with the Leeching Vine lifeleech debuff.

Has anyone ever tested this or can confirm with some reliable source?

Thanks!
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lifesteal doesn't trigger Nature's Gift, only heals from Green Balance skills. You'll need to place the Vines on someone else in order to get resources back
    Edited by Tryxus on August 18, 2019 9:55AM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • mierin
    mierin
    Soul Shriven
    Yuk. So basically useless unless there's a lot of unavoidable area damage. (plus you cannot reliably get it to attach to allies instead of you)
    Great, I cannot begin to understand how it's displayed as useful in warden (tank) guides. For healers, sure. Tank, nope.

Thanks anyway for clarifying, much disappointed :(