The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't start the game up through the client

RavenSworn
RavenSworn
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all, need some help. I can't start the game up through the client but i can start the pts through the same client though. Do i really need to repair the whole process? it seems weird i can start the pts but not the game itself.
Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is called the launcher.

@ZOS_BillE tends to be the person who replies to threads like this so tagging him in case it speeds up the process.

I assume you have found the executable so you can start the game without using the launcher. Many have shortcuts on their desktop just for that and use the launcher only do download updates.

For your issue though I would suggest restarting the PC to see if that rectifies it. Repair probably only repairs the client but it is worth trying to see if it will repair the launcher. Beyond that there is probably a file that if deleted it will download the launcher again but I would wait for BillE to reply before deleting anything.

Tech support ticket may be faster than Bille as it is the weekend.
  • Thlepse
    Thlepse
    ✭✭✭
    I assume you came across with the same problem as I did. Check this thread for every possible solution for your problem:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/473221/game-wont-start-from-launcher-only-on-pc-eu-works-fine-on-pts#latest

I hope it works!
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    That is called the launcher.

@ZOS_BillE tends to be the person who replies to threads like this so tagging him in case it speeds up the process.

I assume you have found the executable so you can start the game without using the launcher. Many have shortcuts on their desktop just for that and use the launcher only do download updates.

For your issue though I would suggest restarting the PC to see if that rectifies it. Repair probably only repairs the client but it is worth trying to see if it will repair the launcher. Beyond that there is probably a file that if deleted it will download the launcher again but I would wait for BillE to reply before deleting anything.

Tech support ticket may be faster than Bille as it is the weekend.

yeah the launcher.

restarted the pc, didnt help. and yeah, weird thing is, i was treading waters on the EU server when it happened, though my main acct is on NA. seems weird that i couldnt access the game itself but i can access the pts.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @RavenSworn

Have you tried running a repair yet through the ESO launcher?

If you have, please let us know what other steps you've taken so far if you still can't start ESO.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • KudnaBeefhooked
    KudnaBeefhooked
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem on NA PC since the hotfix/patch last night. Tried to launch the game but get an black screen. I have made sure that all the appropriate files have access via the firewall and antivirus. I restarted the computer and deleted the ProgramData folder and repaired the program via the launcher but nothing works.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tha ks for the replies guys. Manage to repair and went in.

Of Wolf and Raven