Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stationary ground-based AoEs should be very strong in PvP..

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
Most will probably agree that spammable AoEs that can be used while moving shouldn't be super strong, but in PvP we need some counters to zerging, and stationary ground-based AoEs are just that tool.

The problem with AoEs that can be used while moving is that while they are good against zergs, zergs can also utilize them to devastating effect. However, with stationary AoEs it is mostly the anti-zerg aspect that prevails.

Therefore, AoE DoT abilities like hail of arrow, cinder storm, graveyard, lightning flood etc. should receive a significant increase in power.

I know this is hard to balance due to PvE and I know this isn't mainstream AoE philosophy, but in PvP the game really needs this, so I hope @ZoS will reconsider their approach, when it comes to stationary ground-based AoEs.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
@ZOS_GinaBruno
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u dont need buffed aoe abilitys to kill zerg potatos, just kill them with existing tools
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »

I know this is hard to balance due to PvE and I know this isn't mainstream AoE philosophy, but in PvP the game really needs this, so I hope @ZoS will reconsider their approach, when it comes to stationary ground-based AoEs.

It could easily be balance by just adding sub feature which allows it to scale in dmg based on players hit.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to get stronger PVP-specific ground based AOEs in Cyrodiil is to use siege, which got buffed by 30% in the CP campaigns for Elsweyr.
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    Well... A zerg is by definition a group that can overflow your group...

So you are asking for tools to kill one zerg by yourself ? In which world is this balance ?

Aoe are already super strong in pvp, if you dont do much damage with these tools, it means that you are not placing them wisely...

Could you imagine if aoe were doing the same damage than single target ? If you increase the aoe damage then the single target abilities damage should be increase to... And there is already a lot of build that can almost one shot player... This is a terribly bad idea... You cant seriously ask for a tool to kill an entire zerg alone, if you are alone facing 40 players then sorry for you but you are dead, if you want a fair fight then find a zerg in your alliance...

By the way, goliath bash, Just sayin... Imagine if any class could do that... It would ruin pvp even more that it already ruined (due to lag + hammer)
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to get stronger PVP-specific ground based AOEs in Cyrodiil is to use siege, which got buffed by 30% in the CP campaigns for Elsweyr.

No. Siegeing is boring and does not compare with actual combat at all.
    Edited by Rianai on August 9, 2019 1:16PM
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »

It could easily be balance by just adding sub feature which allows it to scale in dmg based on players hit.

The magic det mechanic of increasing damage for each player hit is so under utilized.

It needs it's own category and resources devoted to it.

I vote for abilities like necro bash getting that treatment.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »

The servers are lagged out now. Can you imagine how they would perform constantly calculating overlapping ground aoe's, who's in, how much damage?
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot of creative ways to deal with zergs already. A half-decent bomb group can fight magnitudes of their size quite efficiently (at least on live lol). The main thing that's got in the way for small-scalers has been the incessant damage incoming, which has only amplified over the years, not to mention dot stacking, which will bump damage up even harder than before. Pretty much it's why there's so little people actively playing solo/small group anymore.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU