Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Graphic improvement of the old zones

martygod12
martygod12
✭✭✭✭
Well od zones like Stormhaven could really use some graphic improvement, they look ugly compared to the new Chapter zones like Elsweyr, Summerset etc. Just do some small things like bigger grass fade distance, add some more fauna/flora on the map, maybe some more small objects, cause those old zones now really looks like from a different game.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but since they don't really benefit from this... its not bloody likely they would spend their developer resources on updating old stuff much.

They do however now and then put some old place NPCs into new costumes... even if only to make us want to "get me one of those", its still pretty neat. Wish they would do the same with some armor styles as well...
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They would rather detract players from old content using Chapters and DLCs.

I agree though, especially since I think starting in the base game makes more narrative sense.

The old zones could definitely use a touch up since they are most of the game right now as well as the core experience.

@TheShadowScout
    Yes, please update the old motifs. Please
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just went to main city in Reapers March. I stood on the bridge and looked north because all I could see past 25 metres of me was the river outline and a single tree :neutral:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but since they don't really benefit from this... its not bloody likely they would spend their developer resources on updating old stuff much.

They do however now and then put some old place NPCs into new costumes... even if only to make us want to "get me one of those", its still pretty neat. Wish they would do the same with some armor styles as well...

Pretty much this and I think resource are better spend on the new content and of course fixing bugs.

Unless it is something that can be done that affects the entire areas without having to go back and rework them I really do not see a real benefit.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournhold needs an improvement really bad other than the Tribunal Temple the place looks like the city dump compared to Alinor, Wayrest, Eldenroot etc.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wont ever happen. ZOS has stated all Live art is final and wont be changed.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Wont ever happen. ZOS has stated all Live art is final and wont be changed.

That's worth repeating.

The one and only time ZoS changed art, the Forums erupted with anger and salty tears. They aren't going to blow money and waste resources just to get abused. No matter what art is changed, no matter how it's changed, the abuse will flow.

• Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about better textures for the old racial motifs? Same art but higher resolution perhaps?
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's what's a bummer - because the older content art assets are clearly not on par with the latest content
    ZOS makes sure that the Chapters are a New Players first taste of the game and then encourages them explore the rest of the game -
    which has poorer art assets and some lower quality content BUT has a good story arc so long as you know how to follow in order, which ZOS doesn't show players how to do
    If players were dropped in the Base Game ZOS would have to take time out of the year to improve the quality of that experience.
    Edited by Iccotak on July 31, 2019 5:40PM
  • martygod12
    martygod12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah well just do some minor things,like incerase Grass fade distance if you compare summerset for example with stormhaven or glenumbra Its really big difference. In old zones you can't see the Grass in like 10meters in front of you ... One Simple improvement And make it And option in the graphic settings and you see that old zones Will look much better
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'd be nice if ZOS updated older armors so then the helms would fit conform to Beast Race heads like the new content does
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.pushsquare.com%2Fnews%2F2015%2F05%2Fas_expected_you_need_to_pre-order_the_elder_scrolls_online_to_play_as_any_race_in_any_faction_on_ps4%2Flarge.jpg&f=1
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    Just went to main city in Reapers March. I stood on the bridge and looked north because all I could see past 25 metres of me was the river outline and a single tree :neutral:

Might want to increase your fov distance (will effect performance) in settings or look into a stronger graphics card.
    Edited by Katahdin on August 1, 2019 7:33PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Fermian
    Fermian
    ✭✭✭
    Well I would prefer a degrade for the newer content :tongue: . The older zones just play a lot smoother on my xbox.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    martygod12 wrote: »
    Yeah well just do some minor things,like incerase Grass fade distance if you compare summerset for example with stormhaven or glenumbra Its really big difference. In old zones you can't see the Grass in like 10meters in front of you ... One Simple improvement And make it And option in the graphic settings and you see that old zones Will look much better

Grass fade distance should be a global setting, not unique to the zone. I think it just seems like that since the chapter zones have more 3D foliage among the 2D grass.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they mentioned in a live stream they'd like to do that and a lot of the graphics guys would like to do it too but its just a resources vs time thing

I think it would be great if they went over the old zones and motifs and brought them on the same level...maybe they can somehow combine it with a new chapter or story line that takes you again through the old zones so that it makes the resources spent feel less like sunk costs